Kyrie Irving (quad) considered day-to-day for Celtics
According to The Boston Globe's Adam Himmelsbach, Boston Celtics head coach Brad Stevens says point guard Kyrie Irving is day-to-day with his quad injury.
Irving suffered a right quad contusion in Monday's game against the Denver Nuggets. It caused him to miss Wednesday's game and will hold him out of Friday's as well. The Celtics' next game is on Sunday afternoon, but Irving's status for that one is up in the air. Terry Rozier would make another start with both Irving and Marcus Smart (hand) sidelined.
Averaging 38.1 FanDuel points per game, Irving is projected for 39 FD points in the event he plays Sunday against Portland.
- Heat's Goran Dragic (knee) expected to play on Monday December 9th, 2018
- Miami's Hassan Whiteside (personal) listed as out for Monday December 9th, 2018
- Minnesota's Robert Covington (knee) listed as probable for Monday's game against Golden State December 9th, 2018
- Knicks' Allonzo Trier (hamstring) ruled out on Sunday December 9th, 2018
- Derrick White starting for the Spurs on Sunday December 9th, 2018
- San Antonio's Davis Bertans (personal) ruled out on Sunday December 9th, 2018
- Celtics' Daniel Theis posts 22 points, 10 boards, 5 dimes, 4 blocks December 9th, 2018
- Boston starting Daniel Theis at center on Saturday December 8th, 2018
- Boston's Al Horford (knee) ruled out for Saturday's game against Chicago December 8th, 2018
- Celtics' Al Horford (knee) questionable for Saturday December 8th, 2018
- Al Horford double-doubles for Celtics with 4 blocks December 7th, 2018
- Kyrie Irving scores 22 with 8 assists, injures shoulder late in Celtics' win December 7th, 2018