76ers' Joel Embiid says Lakers' Lonzo Ball is 'a great point guard'
According to NBC Sports' Jessica Camerato, 76ers center Joel Embiid called Los Angeles Lakers point guard Lonzo Ball "a great point guard" when asked about the rookie's game.
Embiid added that he's "a big fan" of Ball's and really liked that he's a willing passer and looks to set other guys up. Coming from a guy who has done quite the opposite of praising opposing bigs, this is high praise. It's also got to be a little encouraging given all the negative attention paid to Ball's shooting struggles of late.
While shooting just 31.3% from the field, Ball is averaging 9.5 points, 7.2 assists and 6.7 rebounds across 33.1 minutes per game. He and the Lakers face Embiid's Sixers on Wednesday night in Los Angeles.
- 76ers' Joel Embiid (knee soreness) questionable Monday night November 20th, 2017
- Pistons' Reggie Jackson gets 16 points and 8 assists in Sunday win November 20th, 2017
- Bojan Bogdanovic pours in season-high 26 points as Pacers beat Heat November 20th, 2017
- Wizards' Otto Porter says he will play Monday despite swollen right hand November 20th, 2017
- Anthony Davis (face) will play on Monday in New Orleans November 20th, 2017
- Marcin Gortat double-doubles with 7 assists in Wizards' loss to Raptors November 20th, 2017
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope scores 15 points, add season-high 4 steals for Lakers in win November 20th, 2017
- Julius Randle leads Lakers to victory with season-high 24 points on Sunday November 20th, 2017
- Lonzo Ball notches second triple-double in Lakers' win on Sunday November 20th, 2017
- Lakers' Kyle Kuzma scores career-high 30 points on Friday November 18th, 2017
- Lakers' Larry Nance Jr. (hand) gets the green light for practice November 17th, 2017
- Kyle Kuzma scores career-high 24 points in Lakers' loss on Wednesday November 16th, 2017