76ers' Joel Embiid says Lakers' Lonzo Ball is 'a great point guard'
According to NBC Sports' Jessica Camerato, 76ers center Joel Embiid called Los Angeles Lakers point guard Lonzo Ball "a great point guard" when asked about the rookie's game.
Embiid added that he's "a big fan" of Ball's and really liked that he's a willing passer and looks to set other guys up. Coming from a guy who has done quite the opposite of praising opposing bigs, this is high praise. It's also got to be a little encouraging given all the negative attention paid to Ball's shooting struggles of late.
While shooting just 31.3% from the field, Ball is averaging 9.5 points, 7.2 assists and 6.7 rebounds across 33.1 minutes per game. He and the Lakers face Embiid's Sixers on Wednesday night in Los Angeles.
- Woj: Shabazz Napier heading to Brooklyn on a two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Woj: Jabari Parker, Bulls agree to two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Bulls closing in on a deal with Bucks' free agent Jabari Parker July 13th, 2018
- Nuggets trade Kenneth Faried to Brooklyn in three-player swap July 13th, 2018
- Wayne Ellington reportedly re-signs with Heat July 13th, 2018
- Hawks reportedly acquire Jeremy Lin from Brooklyn July 13th, 2018
- Channing Frye agrees to one-year deal with Cleveland July 14th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball to have arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday July 13th, 2018
- Lakers ink Rajon Rondo to one-year deal July 2nd, 2018
- JaVale McGee signs with Lakers on one-year deal July 2nd, 2018
- Lance Stephenson headed to Lakers on one-year deal July 2nd, 2018
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope re-signs with Lakers on one-year deal July 2nd, 2018