76ers' Joel Embiid says Lakers' Lonzo Ball is 'a great point guard'
According to NBC Sports' Jessica Camerato, 76ers center Joel Embiid called Los Angeles Lakers point guard Lonzo Ball "a great point guard" when asked about the rookie's game.
Embiid added that he's "a big fan" of Ball's and really liked that he's a willing passer and looks to set other guys up. Coming from a guy who has done quite the opposite of praising opposing bigs, this is high praise. It's also got to be a little encouraging given all the negative attention paid to Ball's shooting struggles of late.
While shooting just 31.3% from the field, Ball is averaging 9.5 points, 7.2 assists and 6.7 rebounds across 33.1 minutes per game. He and the Lakers face Embiid's Sixers on Wednesday night in Los Angeles.
- Clippers' DeAndre Jordan (ankle) out Saturday against Jazz January 19th, 2018
- Malcolm Brogdon (personal) listed as out for Bucks on Saturday January 19th, 2018
- Skal Labissiere (shoulder) listed as probable for Kings on Friday January 19th, 2018
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (knee) ruled out for Bucks on Saturday January 19th, 2018
- Warriors' Jordan Bell (ankle) will be re-evaluated in two weeks January 19th, 2018
- Portland's Shabazz Napier contributes across the board on Thursday January 19th, 2018
- Kyle Kuzma (hand) questionable for Lakers' matchup on Friday January 18th, 2018
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (Achilles) ruled out for Lakers on Friday January 18th, 2018
- Brandon Ingram (ankle) questionable for Lakers versus Pacers January 18th, 2018
- Lonzo Ball (knee) will be out again for Lakers on Friday January 18th, 2018
- Kyle Kuzma won't return for Lakers after injuring hand January 17th, 2018
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (Achilles) makes early exit from Lakers' game on Wednesday January 17th, 2018