76ers' Joel Embiid says Lakers' Lonzo Ball is 'a great point guard'
According to NBC Sports' Jessica Camerato, 76ers center Joel Embiid called Los Angeles Lakers point guard Lonzo Ball "a great point guard" when asked about the rookie's game.
Embiid added that he's "a big fan" of Ball's and really liked that he's a willing passer and looks to set other guys up. Coming from a guy who has done quite the opposite of praising opposing bigs, this is high praise. It's also got to be a little encouraging given all the negative attention paid to Ball's shooting struggles of late.
While shooting just 31.3% from the field, Ball is averaging 9.5 points, 7.2 assists and 6.7 rebounds across 33.1 minutes per game. He and the Lakers face Embiid's Sixers on Wednesday night in Los Angeles.
- Kings' Bogdan Bogdanovic has a miniscus tear, will have surgery to repair April 24th, 2018
- Josh Richardson (shoulder) will start in Game 5 for Miami April 24th, 2018
- Celtics' Semi Ojeleye gets the surprise start over Aron Baynes for Game 5 April 24th, 2018
- Marcus Smart (thumb) officially playing for Celtics in Game 5 on Tuesday April 24th, 2018
- Miami's Josh Richardson (shoulder) believes he has '60 percent' to play on Tuesday April 24th, 2018
- Royce O'Neale scores 10 points, adds 9 boards for Jazz in easy win April 24th, 2018
- Kyle Kuzma (ankle) expected to miss the Lakers' final two games April 10th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball (knee) to sit out Tuesday and Wednesday April 10th, 2018
- Lakers' Brandon Ingram (concussion) out on Tuesday, doubtful for Wednesday April 10th, 2018
- Tyler Ennis catches fire with career-high 22 points Sunday in Los Angeles April 9th, 2018
- Josh Hart gets hot with 25 points in start for Lakers on Sunday April 9th, 2018
- Lakers' Kyle Kuzma (ankle) will not play in Sunday's game April 8th, 2018