76ers' Joel Embiid says Lakers' Lonzo Ball is 'a great point guard'
According to NBC Sports' Jessica Camerato, 76ers center Joel Embiid called Los Angeles Lakers point guard Lonzo Ball "a great point guard" when asked about the rookie's game.
Embiid added that he's "a big fan" of Ball's and really liked that he's a willing passer and looks to set other guys up. Coming from a guy who has done quite the opposite of praising opposing bigs, this is high praise. It's also got to be a little encouraging given all the negative attention paid to Ball's shooting struggles of late.
While shooting just 31.3% from the field, Ball is averaging 9.5 points, 7.2 assists and 6.7 rebounds across 33.1 minutes per game. He and the Lakers face Embiid's Sixers on Wednesday night in Los Angeles.
- Spurs' Rudy Gay (heel) was a full participant during Monday's practice October 15th, 2018
- Moe Harkless (knee) questionable for Blazers' opener on Thursday October 15th, 2018
- Suns waive Darrell Arthur October 15th, 2018
- Larry Nance, Cavs reach 4-year, $45 million extension October 15th, 2018
- Jimmy Butler expected to play for Timberwolves Wednesday October 15th, 2018
- Draymond Green (knee) likely to be limited for Warriors to start season October 15th, 2018
- Josh Hart's hamstring declared 'good' by Lakers coach Luke Walton October 9th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball (knee) to make his 2018 preseason debut on Wednesday October 9th, 2018
- Lakers' Josh Hart tweaks hamstring in practice on Monday October 8th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball (knee) fully cleared to resume all basketball activities September 20th, 2018
- Lakers and Luol Deng agree to buyout September 1st, 2018
- Michael Beasley agrees to a one-year deal with the Lakers July 20th, 2018