Nets 'hopeful' D'Angelo Russell (knee) returns 'sooner rather than later'
Brooklyn Nets coach Kenny Atkinson said, "I'm hopeful it'll be sooner rather than later" when asked about point guard D'Angelo Russell's recovery time.
According to Nets Daily's Bryan Fonseca, Atkinson indicated that there would be "updates every day." Russell, who suffered a left knee injury this weekend, is expected to miss "several games" but there hasn't been anything in the way of an official timetable for his return. Until he makes his way back, Spencer Dinwiddie figures to start at the point with Caris LeVert getting more opportunities on the offensive end.
In 12 games, Russell is averaging 20.9 points, 5.7 assists and 4.7 rebounds across 27.8 minutes per game. He's projected to average 16.4 points, 5.6 assists and 4.0 rebounds per game over the remainder of the 2017 season.
- Clippers' DeAndre Jordan (ankle) out Saturday against Jazz January 19th, 2018
- Malcolm Brogdon (personal) listed as out for Bucks on Saturday January 19th, 2018
- Skal Labissiere (shoulder) listed as probable for Kings on Friday January 19th, 2018
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (knee) ruled out for Bucks on Saturday January 19th, 2018
- Warriors' Jordan Bell (ankle) will be re-evaluated in two weeks January 19th, 2018
- Portland's Shabazz Napier contributes across the board on Thursday January 19th, 2018
- Nets' D'Angelo Russell (knee) expects to play, hasn't been given minutes limit for Friday's game January 19th, 2018
- D'Angelo Russell (knee) probable for return to Nets on Friday January 18th, 2018
- Allen Crabbe scores 20 points with 8 rebounds on Wednesday for Nets January 18th, 2018
- Spencer Dinwiddie struggles from floor, tallies 13 assists in Nets' loss January 18th, 2018
- DeMarre Carroll double-doubles for Nets in loss January 18th, 2018
- Nets rule out D'Angelo Russell (knee) for Wednesday January 16th, 2018