Nets 'hopeful' D'Angelo Russell (knee) returns 'sooner rather than later'
Brooklyn Nets coach Kenny Atkinson said, "I'm hopeful it'll be sooner rather than later" when asked about point guard D'Angelo Russell's recovery time.
According to Nets Daily's Bryan Fonseca, Atkinson indicated that there would be "updates every day." Russell, who suffered a left knee injury this weekend, is expected to miss "several games" but there hasn't been anything in the way of an official timetable for his return. Until he makes his way back, Spencer Dinwiddie figures to start at the point with Caris LeVert getting more opportunities on the offensive end.
In 12 games, Russell is averaging 20.9 points, 5.7 assists and 4.7 rebounds across 27.8 minutes per game. He's projected to average 16.4 points, 5.6 assists and 4.0 rebounds per game over the remainder of the 2017 season.
- Kings' Bogdan Bogdanovic has a miniscus tear, will have surgery to repair April 24th, 2018
- Josh Richardson (shoulder) will start in Game 5 for Miami April 24th, 2018
- Celtics' Semi Ojeleye gets the surprise start over Aron Baynes for Game 5 April 24th, 2018
- Marcus Smart (thumb) officially playing for Celtics in Game 5 on Tuesday April 24th, 2018
- Miami's Josh Richardson (shoulder) believes he has '60 percent' to play on Tuesday April 24th, 2018
- Royce O'Neale scores 10 points, adds 9 boards for Jazz in easy win April 24th, 2018
- Caris LeVert starting for Nets on Wednesday night April 11th, 2018
- Joe Harris (ankle) ruled out of Nets' season finale April 11th, 2018
- Spencer Dinwiddie (sore knee) out for Nets on Wednesday night April 11th, 2018
- Nets' Caris LeVert (foot) available to play on Wednesday April 11th, 2018
- Spencer Dinwiddie (knee) ruled out for Nets on Wednesday April 11th, 2018
- D’Angelo Russell double-doubles as Nets knock off Bulls April 10th, 2018