Nets 'hopeful' D'Angelo Russell (knee) returns 'sooner rather than later'
Brooklyn Nets coach Kenny Atkinson said, "I'm hopeful it'll be sooner rather than later" when asked about point guard D'Angelo Russell's recovery time.
According to Nets Daily's Bryan Fonseca, Atkinson indicated that there would be "updates every day." Russell, who suffered a left knee injury this weekend, is expected to miss "several games" but there hasn't been anything in the way of an official timetable for his return. Until he makes his way back, Spencer Dinwiddie figures to start at the point with Caris LeVert getting more opportunities on the offensive end.
In 12 games, Russell is averaging 20.9 points, 5.7 assists and 4.7 rebounds across 27.8 minutes per game. He's projected to average 16.4 points, 5.6 assists and 4.0 rebounds per game over the remainder of the 2017 season.
- Spurs' Rudy Gay (heel) was a full participant during Monday's practice October 15th, 2018
- Moe Harkless (knee) questionable for Blazers' opener on Thursday October 15th, 2018
- Suns waive Darrell Arthur October 15th, 2018
- Larry Nance, Cavs reach 4-year, $45 million extension October 15th, 2018
- Jimmy Butler expected to play for Timberwolves Wednesday October 15th, 2018
- Draymond Green (knee) likely to be limited for Warriors to start season October 15th, 2018
- Nets' Allen Crabbe (ankle) seen using crutches on Wednesday October 10th, 2018
- Nets' Allen Crabbe suffers leg injury Monday October 8th, 2018
- Nets, Suns swap Darrell Arthur, Jared Dudley July 20th, 2018
- Woj: Shabazz Napier heading to Brooklyn on a two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Nuggets trade Kenneth Faried to Brooklyn in three-player swap July 13th, 2018
- Hawks reportedly acquire Jeremy Lin from Brooklyn July 13th, 2018