Nets 'hopeful' D'Angelo Russell (knee) returns 'sooner rather than later'
Brooklyn Nets coach Kenny Atkinson said, "I'm hopeful it'll be sooner rather than later" when asked about point guard D'Angelo Russell's recovery time.
According to Nets Daily's Bryan Fonseca, Atkinson indicated that there would be "updates every day." Russell, who suffered a left knee injury this weekend, is expected to miss "several games" but there hasn't been anything in the way of an official timetable for his return. Until he makes his way back, Spencer Dinwiddie figures to start at the point with Caris LeVert getting more opportunities on the offensive end.
In 12 games, Russell is averaging 20.9 points, 5.7 assists and 4.7 rebounds across 27.8 minutes per game. He's projected to average 16.4 points, 5.6 assists and 4.0 rebounds per game over the remainder of the 2017 season.
- Channing Frye agrees to one-year deal with Cleveland July 14th, 2018
- Woj: Jabari Parker, Bulls agree to two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball to have arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday July 13th, 2018
- Bulls closing in on a deal with Bucks' free agent Jabari Parker July 13th, 2018
- Wayne Ellington reportedly re-signs with Heat July 13th, 2018
- Isaiah Thomas reportedly agrees to veteran minimum with Nuggets July 13th, 2018
- Woj: Shabazz Napier heading to Brooklyn on a two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Nuggets trade Kenneth Faried to Brooklyn in three-player swap July 13th, 2018
- Hawks reportedly acquire Jeremy Lin from Brooklyn July 13th, 2018
- Dwight Howard to sign with Wizards after finalizing buyout with Nets July 3rd, 2018
- Nets sign Ed Davis to a one-year, $4.4 million deal July 2nd, 2018
- Joe Harris re-signs with Nets for two years, $16M July 1st, 2018