Nets 'hopeful' D'Angelo Russell (knee) returns 'sooner rather than later'
Brooklyn Nets coach Kenny Atkinson said, "I'm hopeful it'll be sooner rather than later" when asked about point guard D'Angelo Russell's recovery time.
According to Nets Daily's Bryan Fonseca, Atkinson indicated that there would be "updates every day." Russell, who suffered a left knee injury this weekend, is expected to miss "several games" but there hasn't been anything in the way of an official timetable for his return. Until he makes his way back, Spencer Dinwiddie figures to start at the point with Caris LeVert getting more opportunities on the offensive end.
In 12 games, Russell is averaging 20.9 points, 5.7 assists and 4.7 rebounds across 27.8 minutes per game. He's projected to average 16.4 points, 5.6 assists and 4.0 rebounds per game over the remainder of the 2017 season.
- 76ers' Joel Embiid (knee soreness) questionable Monday night November 20th, 2017
- Pistons' Reggie Jackson gets 16 points and 8 assists in Sunday win November 20th, 2017
- Bojan Bogdanovic pours in season-high 26 points as Pacers beat Heat November 20th, 2017
- Wizards' Otto Porter says he will play Monday despite swollen right hand November 20th, 2017
- Anthony Davis (face) will play on Monday in New Orleans November 20th, 2017
- Marcin Gortat double-doubles with 7 assists in Wizards' loss to Raptors November 20th, 2017
- Spencer Dinwiddie puts up a huge game in Nets' win November 18th, 2017
- Nets' D'Angelo Russell (knee) undergoes arthroscopic surgery November 17th, 2017
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson's strong shooting night not enough as Nets lose Tuesday November 15th, 2017
- Trevor Booker solid for Nets in start against Celtics November 15th, 2017
- Nets' Sean Kilpatrick could see time in rotation with D'Angelo Russell (knee) out November 15th, 2017
- Nets' Caris LeVert scores 15 points in 22 minutes Tuesday November 15th, 2017