Heat's Rodney McGruder to undergo surgery on stress fracture in leg
Miami Heat guard/forward Rodney McGruder is likely to undergo surgery on a stress fracture in his leg, according to The Vertical's Shams Charania.
Charania reports that McGruder will miss three-to-six months with the injury. And, as he recovers, he will be out until at least the All-Star break and possibly further. Josh Richardson, Dion Waiters and Justise Winslow should see more time at the two and three spots in his stead.
With the injury, our models project McGruder for just 183 points, 81 rebounds and 30 assists in 615 minutes this season.
- Woj: Shabazz Napier heading to Brooklyn on a two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Channing Frye agrees to one-year deal with Cleveland July 14th, 2018
- Woj: Jabari Parker, Bulls agree to two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball to have arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday July 13th, 2018
- Bulls closing in on a deal with Bucks' free agent Jabari Parker July 13th, 2018
- Nuggets trade Kenneth Faried to Brooklyn in three-player swap July 13th, 2018
- Wayne Ellington reportedly re-signs with Heat July 13th, 2018
- Thunder's Carmelo Anthony has met with Houston and Miami July 10th, 2018
- Heat will not pick up Jordan Mickey's team option for 2018 May 10th, 2018
- Kelly Olynyk fills up the stat sheet as Heat are eliminated April 25th, 2018
- Josh Richardson (shoulder) will start in Game 5 for Miami April 24th, 2018
- Miami's Josh Richardson (shoulder) believes he has '60 percent' to play on Tuesday April 24th, 2018