Heat's Rodney McGruder to undergo surgery on stress fracture in leg
Miami Heat guard/forward Rodney McGruder is likely to undergo surgery on a stress fracture in his leg, according to The Vertical's Shams Charania.
Charania reports that McGruder will miss three-to-six months with the injury. And, as he recovers, he will be out until at least the All-Star break and possibly further. Josh Richardson, Dion Waiters and Justise Winslow should see more time at the two and three spots in his stead.
With the injury, our models project McGruder for just 183 points, 81 rebounds and 30 assists in 615 minutes this season.
- Clippers' Milos Teodosic sidelined indefinitely with plantar fascia injury October 22nd, 2017
- Hawks' Dennis Schroder leaves early with an ankle injury October 22nd, 2017
- Phoenix Suns fire head coach Earl Watson after 3 games October 22nd, 2017
- Kawhi Leonard (quad) will remain out on Monday for San Antonio October 22nd, 2017
- Allen Crabbe returns to Nets' bench Sunday October 22nd, 2017
- Caris LeVert will start for the Nets on Sunday afternoon October 22nd, 2017
- Miami Heat tap James Johnson as a captain for 2017-18 October 22nd, 2017
- Miami's Kelly Olynyk is coming off the bench on Saturday October 21st, 2017
- Jordan Mickey getting surprise start at center for Heat October 21st, 2017
- Miami's Hassan Whiteside (knee) ruled out for Saturday October 20th, 2017
- Heat's Hassan Whiteside posts 20-20 line in losing effort October 19th, 2017
- Heat's Kelly Olynyk starting at power forward Wednesday October 18th, 2017