Michael Carter-Williams (knee) won't be ready for Hornets' season opener
According to the Charlotte Observer's Rick Bonnell, Charlotte Hornets coach Steve Clifford said that there is "no way" guard Michael Carter-Williams plays in the season opener.
The Hornets are now just a week away from their regular-season opener against the Detroit Pistons, and Carter-Williams has yet to be cleared for contact. He received stem-cell therapy on both of his knees this offseason and has been dealing with knee soreness as a result. There isn't a clear timetable for his return, and until then Malik Monk and Julyan Stone figure to back up Kemba Walker at the point.
Going un-drafted in most fantasy hoops drafts, Carter-Williams is projected for 384 points, 188 assists and 142 rebounds across 1,162 minutes this season.
- Orlando starting Wesley Iwundu in place of Arron Afflalo (back) on Wednesday December 13th, 2017
- Wizards' John Wall (knee) will start on Wednesday but will be on minutes restriction December 13th, 2017
- Magic Rule out Arron Afflalo (back) on Wednesday December 13th, 2017
- Hawks list John Collins (shoulder) as probable for Thursday December 13th, 2017
- Isaiah Canaan will be available for Suns on Wednesday December 13th, 2017
- Kings' Buddy Hield scores 14 in win over Suns December 13th, 2017
- Nicolas Batum (elbow) upgraded to probable for Hornets December 13th, 2017
- Hornets' Nicolas Batum (elbow) doubtful against Houston on Wednesday December 12th, 2017
- Jeremy Lamb starts, scores 14 points as Hornets take out Thunder December 12th, 2017
- Hornets' Kemba Walker puts up 19 points and 9 assists on Monday December 12th, 2017
- Hornets' Dwight Howard stays hot with 23 points Monday December 12th, 2017
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist collects 4 steals as Hornets upset Thunder December 12th, 2017