Hornets' Nicolas Batum (elbow) may not require surgery
According to a Dallas specialist, Charlotte Hornets guard/forward Nicolas Batum may not require surgery on the torn ligament in his left elbow.
The Hornets are still exploring their options, but it looks like the veteran could possibly avoid surgery. The six-to-eight week timeline remains, but based on this Batum may return during the earlier portion of that period. Jeremy Lamb will serve as a starter until he returns.
Over 43 games, we project Batum to average 15.2 points, 6.1 rebounds and 5.9 assists in 32.2 minutes per game. He's the 44th-ranked player in our fantasy rankings and is, on average, going with the 8th pick in the 5th round of Yahoo! leagues.
- Jeremy Lin (knee) leaves Nets' season opener early October 18th, 2017
- Jared Dudley (foot) out of Suns' lineup on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- Buddy Hield starting in Kings' opener vs. Rockets October 18th, 2017
- Justin Jackson will start for Kings on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- T.J. Warren will start for the Suns on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- Josh Jackson will start for Suns on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- Hornets' Dwayne Bacon starting at shooting guard October 18th, 2017
- Jeremy Lamb (groin) to start for Hornets on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- Hornets' Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (personal) officially out for Wednesday's opener October 17th, 2017
- Hornets' Jeremy Lamb (groin) practiced in full on Tuesday October 17th, 2017
- Kemba Walker embracing leadership role with Hornets October 17th, 2017
- Dwight Howard considered a 'game changer' by Hornets' teammates October 16th, 2017