Hornets' Nicolas Batum (elbow) may not require surgery
According to a Dallas specialist, Charlotte Hornets guard/forward Nicolas Batum may not require surgery on the torn ligament in his left elbow.
The Hornets are still exploring their options, but it looks like the veteran could possibly avoid surgery. The six-to-eight week timeline remains, but based on this Batum may return during the earlier portion of that period. Jeremy Lamb will serve as a starter until he returns.
Over 43 games, we project Batum to average 15.2 points, 6.1 rebounds and 5.9 assists in 32.2 minutes per game. He's the 44th-ranked player in our fantasy rankings and is, on average, going with the 8th pick in the 5th round of Yahoo! leagues.
- Timberwolves reportedly intend to keep Jimmy Butler September 21st, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball (knee) fully cleared to resume all basketball activities September 20th, 2018
- Jimmy Butler has reportedly requested a trade from the Timberwolves September 19th, 2018
- Dion Waiters (foot) will likely miss Heat season opener September 18th, 2018
- Knicks won't rule out sitting Kristaps Porzingis (knee) the entire season September 17th, 2018
- Luol Deng agrees to one-year, $2.4 million contract with Timberwolves September 10th, 2018
- Former Spurs guard Tony Parker to sign with the Hornets July 6th, 2018
- Dwight Howard to sign with Wizards after finalizing buyout with Nets July 3rd, 2018
- Hornets move back a pick, snag Miles Bridges with 12th pick June 21st, 2018
- Charlotte Hornets select Shai Gilgeous-Alexander with the 11th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft June 21st, 2018
- Wojnarowski: Hornets trade Dwight Howard to Nets for Timofey Mozgov and two second round picks June 20th, 2018
- Hornets reportedly tab Spurs assistant James Borrego for head coaching job May 8th, 2018