Hornets' Nicolas Batum (elbow) may not require surgery
According to a Dallas specialist, Charlotte Hornets guard/forward Nicolas Batum may not require surgery on the torn ligament in his left elbow.
The Hornets are still exploring their options, but it looks like the veteran could possibly avoid surgery. The six-to-eight week timeline remains, but based on this Batum may return during the earlier portion of that period. Jeremy Lamb will serve as a starter until he returns.
Over 43 games, we project Batum to average 15.2 points, 6.1 rebounds and 5.9 assists in 32.2 minutes per game. He's the 44th-ranked player in our fantasy rankings and is, on average, going with the 8th pick in the 5th round of Yahoo! leagues.
- Nikola Jokic planning to sign $146 million extension with Nuggets June 25th, 2018
- Enes Kanter still undecided on contract decision with Knicks June 25th, 2018
- Thunder's Carmelo Anthony opts into player option for 2018-19 June 25th, 2018
- Nuggets' Wilson Chandler will exercise player option for 2018-19 season June 22nd, 2018
- Nuggets make Michael Porter Jr. last pick in lottery June 21st, 2018
- Clippers select Jerome Robinson with the 13th pick of the 2018 NBA Draft June 21st, 2018
- Hornets move back a pick, snag Miles Bridges with 12th pick June 21st, 2018
- Charlotte Hornets select Shai Gilgeous-Alexander with the 11th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft June 21st, 2018
- Wojnarowski: Hornets trade Dwight Howard to Nets for Timofey Mozgov and two second round picks June 20th, 2018
- Hornets reportedly tab Spurs assistant James Borrego for head coaching job May 8th, 2018
- Hornets fire head coach Steve Clifford April 13th, 2018
- Marvin Williams' 18 points not enough as Hornets fall to Bulls April 4th, 2018