Hornets' Nicolas Batum (elbow) may not require surgery
According to a Dallas specialist, Charlotte Hornets guard/forward Nicolas Batum may not require surgery on the torn ligament in his left elbow.
The Hornets are still exploring their options, but it looks like the veteran could possibly avoid surgery. The six-to-eight week timeline remains, but based on this Batum may return during the earlier portion of that period. Jeremy Lamb will serve as a starter until he returns.
Over 43 games, we project Batum to average 15.2 points, 6.1 rebounds and 5.9 assists in 32.2 minutes per game. He's the 44th-ranked player in our fantasy rankings and is, on average, going with the 8th pick in the 5th round of Yahoo! leagues.
- Miami's Kelly Olynyk (shoulder) listed as doubtful for Friday February 21st, 2018
- Pistons' Reggie Jackson (ankle) still a couple weeks from return February 21st, 2018
- Knicks expected to start Emmanuel Mudiay on Thursday February 21st, 2018
- Clippers' Avery Bradley (groin) '50/50' to play Thursday February 21st, 2018
- Pacers' Darren Collison (knee) to miss at least one more week February 21st, 2018
- Celtics' Marcus Smart (hand) cleared to practice, will play Friday February 21st, 2018
- Hornets unlikely to bring back GM Rich Cho next season February 20th, 2018
- Hornets' Dwight Howard gets 22 points and 13 boards on Wednesday February 15th, 2018
- Nicolas Batum scores 14 points with 5 rebounds, 7 assists in Hornets' win February 15th, 2018
- Kemba Walker posts 20 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals in Hornets' win February 15th, 2018
- Hornets' Dwight Howard bounces back with 17 points and 13 rebounds Sunday February 12th, 2018
- Kemba Walker scores 23 points, hands out 9 assists in Hornets' loss February 12th, 2018