Joel Embiid agrees to $148 million extension with 76ers
The Philadelphia 76ers and center Joel Embiid have agreed to a 5-year, $148 million extension, per Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
After playing just 31 career games, Embiid got paid the maximum by the 76ers. The face of the up-and-coming franchise is now locked in until 2023 while earning under $30 million per year. No word on if there are any injury designations or how much of the contract is guaranteed, but safe to say no one is having a better day than Embiid.
Our models project Embiid to play 68 games and average 20.4 points, 9.3 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 1.0 steals, 2.7 blocks, and 1.0 three-pointers per game in 2017-18.
- Julius Randle posts a huge double-double Sunday in Lakers' win January 22nd, 2018
- Elfrid Payton stays hot with 22 points Sunday in Orlando's win over Celtics January 22nd, 2018
- Alex Caruso plays 31 minutes Sunday in Lakers' win over Knicks January 22nd, 2018
- Jordan Clarkson unloads a big double-double Sunday in Los Angeles January 22nd, 2018
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson helps Nets knock off Pistons with 21 points Sunday January 22nd, 2018
- Thaddeus Young produces a strong line in Pacers' Sunday win January 22nd, 2018
- Robert Covington makes 3 treys, records 4 steals in 76ers' victory January 21st, 2018
- 76ers' Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot to start in place of Jerryd Bayless (wrist) on Saturday January 20th, 2018
- 76ers' Jerryd Bayless (wrist) ruled out for Saturday January 20th, 2018
- Richaun Holmes (illness) set to return for 76ers on Saturday January 19th, 2018
- 76ers' T.J. McConnell scores 15 points in win over Celtics on Thursday January 19th, 2018
- 76ers' Robert Covington doesn't make the most of 40 minutes of playing time Thursday January 19th, 2018