Joel Embiid agrees to $148 million extension with 76ers
The Philadelphia 76ers and center Joel Embiid have agreed to a 5-year, $148 million extension, per Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
After playing just 31 career games, Embiid got paid the maximum by the 76ers. The face of the up-and-coming franchise is now locked in until 2023 while earning under $30 million per year. No word on if there are any injury designations or how much of the contract is guaranteed, but safe to say no one is having a better day than Embiid.
Our models project Embiid to play 68 games and average 20.4 points, 9.3 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 1.0 steals, 2.7 blocks, and 1.0 three-pointers per game in 2017-18.
- Rockets' Ryan Anderson (ankle) probable for Saturday April 20th, 2018
- Bucks list John Henson (back) as doubtful for Friday April 20th, 2018
- Raptors list Fred VanVleet (shoulder) as questionable for Game 3 April 20th, 2018
- Blazers' Jusuf Nurkic will start on Thursday night April 19th, 2018
- Moe Harkless will start for the Trail Blazers on Thursday April 19th, 2018
- JaVale McGee will play on Thursday night April 19th, 2018
- Joel Embiid (face) starting for 76ers in Game 3 on Thursday night April 19th, 2018
- Joel Embiid upgraded to probable for 76ers on Thursday in Game 3 April 19th, 2018
- Markelle Fultz will serve as Sixers' backup point guard for Game 3 April 19th, 2018
- Joel Embiid (face) listed as doubtful for Sixers in Game 3 April 18th, 2018
- 76ers' Joel Embiid (face) still not taking contact in practice April 17th, 2018
- Dario Saric stuffs stat sheet as Sixers fall to Heat in Game 2 April 17th, 2018