Joel Embiid agrees to $148 million extension with 76ers
The Philadelphia 76ers and center Joel Embiid have agreed to a 5-year, $148 million extension, per Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
After playing just 31 career games, Embiid got paid the maximum by the 76ers. The face of the up-and-coming franchise is now locked in until 2023 while earning under $30 million per year. No word on if there are any injury designations or how much of the contract is guaranteed, but safe to say no one is having a better day than Embiid.
Our models project Embiid to play 68 games and average 20.4 points, 9.3 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 1.0 steals, 2.7 blocks, and 1.0 three-pointers per game in 2017-18.
- Woj: Shabazz Napier heading to Brooklyn on a two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Channing Frye agrees to one-year deal with Cleveland July 14th, 2018
- Woj: Jabari Parker, Bulls agree to two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball to have arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday July 13th, 2018
- Bulls closing in on a deal with Bucks' free agent Jabari Parker July 13th, 2018
- Nuggets trade Kenneth Faried to Brooklyn in three-player swap July 13th, 2018
- Nuggets trade Wilson Chandler to Philadelphia July 3rd, 2018
- J.J. Redick signs one-year contract to stay in Philadelphia July 2nd, 2018
- Ersan Ilyasova returning to Bucks for three-years, $21M July 1st, 2018
- 76ers select Mikal Bridges at 10th overall June 21st, 2018
- Sixers' Robert Covington (finger) undergoes surgery, to be re-evaluated in 2-3 weeks May 17th, 2018
- Atlanta Hawks officially hire Lloyd Pierce as their next head coach May 11th, 2018