Derrick Rose will open year as starting point guard in Cleveland
Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Derrick Rose will open the 2017-18 season as the team's starting point guard, per Marla Ridenour of the Akron Beacon Journal.
Rose will start for the Cavs but will also check out of games early so he gets some extra run with the second-unit as that will be his role upon the return of Isaiah Thomas in January. Rose started 64 games for the New York Knicks last season.
Rose had a bounce-back season with the Knicks with 18.0 points, 3.8 rebounds, and 4.4 assists per game while shooting 47.1% from the floor in 2016-17.
- Nuggets' Wilson Chandler will exercise player option for 2018-19 season June 22nd, 2018
- Nuggets make Michael Porter Jr. last pick in lottery June 21st, 2018
- Hornets move back a pick, snag Miles Bridges with 12th pick June 21st, 2018
- Clippers select Jerome Robinson with the 13th pick of the 2018 NBA Draft June 21st, 2018
- 76ers select Mikal Bridges at 10th overall June 21st, 2018
- Charlotte Hornets select Shai Gilgeous-Alexander with the 11th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft June 21st, 2018
- Timberwolves' Jamal Crawford declines player option for 2018-19 season June 18th, 2018
- Timberwolves' Jamal Crawford scores 20 in season-ending defeat April 26th, 2018
- Tyus Jones (knee) heading towards game-time decision for Timberwolves in Game 5 April 25th, 2018
- Timberwolves' Tyus Jones (knee) questionable for Game 5 on Wednesday April 25th, 2018
- Derrick Rose posts 17 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists in Timberwolves' loss April 24th, 2018
- Timberwolves' Gorgui Dieng comes down with 5 boards in Game 4 loss April 24th, 2018