Hornets' Nicolas Batum could have 'serious' elbow injury
Charlotte Hornets guard/forward Nicolas Batum injured his elbow on Wednesday, and the injury "appears serious", according to the Charlotte Observer's Rick Bonnell.
Batum left Thursday's preseason game with what was originally diagnosed a sprained left elbow, but he was sent for an MRI today and the results don't look good. The Vertical's Shams Charania is reporting that Batum tore his ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) and is out for 8-to-12 weeks. With him sidelined, it will mean a much heavier workload for Jeremy Lamb and first-round pick Malik Monk.
Batum averaged 15.1 points, 6.2 rebounds and 5.9 assists across 34.0 minutes last season. On average, he's been going in the 5th round of fantasy basketball drafts.
- Clippers' Milos Teodosic sidelined indefinitely with plantar fascia injury October 22nd, 2017
- Hawks' Dennis Schroder leaves early with an ankle injury October 22nd, 2017
- Phoenix Suns fire head coach Earl Watson after 3 games October 22nd, 2017
- Kawhi Leonard (quad) will remain out on Monday for San Antonio October 22nd, 2017
- Allen Crabbe returns to Nets' bench Sunday October 22nd, 2017
- Caris LeVert will start for the Nets on Sunday afternoon October 22nd, 2017
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (personal) will remain out Monday for Hornets October 22nd, 2017
- Hornets' Dwayne Bacon to make second straight start on Friday night October 20th, 2017
- Hornets' Michael Carter-Williams (knees) to remain out on Friday October 20th, 2017
- Cody Zeller (knee) ruled out on Friday for Charlotte October 20th, 2017
- Hornets' Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (personal) will not play Friday October 20th, 2017
- Kemba Walker drops 24 points in Hornets' opening night loss October 19th, 2017