Hornets' Nicolas Batum could have 'serious' elbow injury
Charlotte Hornets guard/forward Nicolas Batum injured his elbow on Wednesday, and the injury "appears serious", according to the Charlotte Observer's Rick Bonnell.
Batum left Thursday's preseason game with what was originally diagnosed a sprained left elbow, but he was sent for an MRI today and the results don't look good. The Vertical's Shams Charania is reporting that Batum tore his ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) and is out for 8-to-12 weeks. With him sidelined, it will mean a much heavier workload for Jeremy Lamb and first-round pick Malik Monk.
Batum averaged 15.1 points, 6.2 rebounds and 5.9 assists across 34.0 minutes last season. On average, he's been going in the 5th round of fantasy basketball drafts.
- Woj: Shabazz Napier heading to Brooklyn on a two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Channing Frye agrees to one-year deal with Cleveland July 14th, 2018
- Woj: Jabari Parker, Bulls agree to two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball to have arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday July 13th, 2018
- Bulls closing in on a deal with Bucks' free agent Jabari Parker July 13th, 2018
- Nuggets trade Kenneth Faried to Brooklyn in three-player swap July 13th, 2018
- Former Spurs guard Tony Parker to sign with the Hornets July 6th, 2018
- Dwight Howard to sign with Wizards after finalizing buyout with Nets July 3rd, 2018
- Hornets move back a pick, snag Miles Bridges with 12th pick June 21st, 2018
- Charlotte Hornets select Shai Gilgeous-Alexander with the 11th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft June 21st, 2018
- Wojnarowski: Hornets trade Dwight Howard to Nets for Timofey Mozgov and two second round picks June 20th, 2018
- Hornets reportedly tab Spurs assistant James Borrego for head coaching job May 8th, 2018