Hornets' Nicolas Batum could have 'serious' elbow injury
Charlotte Hornets guard/forward Nicolas Batum injured his elbow on Wednesday, and the injury "appears serious", according to the Charlotte Observer's Rick Bonnell.
Batum left Thursday's preseason game with what was originally diagnosed a sprained left elbow, but he was sent for an MRI today and the results don't look good. The Vertical's Shams Charania is reporting that Batum tore his ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) and is out for 8-to-12 weeks. With him sidelined, it will mean a much heavier workload for Jeremy Lamb and first-round pick Malik Monk.
Batum averaged 15.1 points, 6.2 rebounds and 5.9 assists across 34.0 minutes last season. On average, he's been going in the 5th round of fantasy basketball drafts.
- Julius Randle posts a huge double-double Sunday in Lakers' win January 22nd, 2018
- Elfrid Payton stays hot with 22 points Sunday in Orlando's win over Celtics January 22nd, 2018
- Alex Caruso plays 31 minutes Sunday in Lakers' win over Knicks January 22nd, 2018
- Jordan Clarkson unloads a big double-double Sunday in Los Angeles January 22nd, 2018
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson helps Nets knock off Pistons with 21 points Sunday January 22nd, 2018
- Thaddeus Young produces a strong line in Pacers' Sunday win January 22nd, 2018
- Hornets' Kemba Walker says he would be 'pretty upset' if he's traded January 19th, 2018
- Kemba Walker reportedly made available in trade talks with Hornets January 19th, 2018
- Dwight Howard notches third-straight 15-rebound game as Hornets blow out Wizards January 18th, 2018
- Hornets' Kemba Walker scores 19, hits 4 triples in blowout of Wizards January 18th, 2018
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist makes 8-of-11 shots, scores 21 as Hornets defeat Wizards January 18th, 2018
- Hornets' Frank Kaminsky (ankle) upgraded to probable on Wednesday January 17th, 2018