Norman Powell agrees to $42 million extension with Toronto
The Toronto Raptors and guard Norman Powell have agreed to a four-year, $42 million extension, per Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
By signing the extension, the Raptors have locked up their promising swingman until 2022 and avoided Powell entering free agency in 2018, albeit as a restricted free agent. The third-year pro is expected to battle C.J. Miles for minutes at small forward while also filling in for DeMar DeRozan at the two, from time to time.
Our models project Powell for 10.9 points, 2.8 rebounds, 1.4 assists, and 1.4 three-pointers per game while shooting 43.6% from the floor this season.
- Woj: Shabazz Napier heading to Brooklyn on a two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Channing Frye agrees to one-year deal with Cleveland July 14th, 2018
- Woj: Jabari Parker, Bulls agree to two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball to have arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday July 13th, 2018
- Bulls closing in on a deal with Bucks' free agent Jabari Parker July 13th, 2018
- Nuggets trade Kenneth Faried to Brooklyn in three-player swap July 13th, 2018
- Fred VanVleet and Toronto agree to terms on a two-year deal July 1st, 2018
- Raptors not expected to trade Jonas Valanciunas June 14th, 2018
- Wojnarowski: Raptors promoting assistant Nick Nurse as new head coach June 12th, 2018
- Toronto Raptors fire head coach Dwane Casey after seven seasons May 11th, 2018
- DeMar DeRozan ejected, Raptors eliminated May 8th, 2018
- Jonas Valanciunas coming off the Raptors' bench in Game 4 May 7th, 2018