Norman Powell agrees to $42 million extension with Toronto
The Toronto Raptors and guard Norman Powell have agreed to a four-year, $42 million extension, per Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
By signing the extension, the Raptors have locked up their promising swingman until 2022 and avoided Powell entering free agency in 2018, albeit as a restricted free agent. The third-year pro is expected to battle C.J. Miles for minutes at small forward while also filling in for DeMar DeRozan at the two, from time to time.
Our models project Powell for 10.9 points, 2.8 rebounds, 1.4 assists, and 1.4 three-pointers per game while shooting 43.6% from the floor this season.
- Clippers' Milos Teodosic sidelined indefinitely with plantar fascia injury October 22nd, 2017
- Hawks' Dennis Schroder leaves early with an ankle injury October 22nd, 2017
- Phoenix Suns fire head coach Earl Watson after 3 games October 22nd, 2017
- Kawhi Leonard (quad) will remain out on Monday for San Antonio October 22nd, 2017
- Allen Crabbe returns to Nets' bench Sunday October 22nd, 2017
- Caris LeVert will start for the Nets on Sunday afternoon October 22nd, 2017
- Raptors' Jonas Valanciunas sprains ankle, will not return on Saturday October 21st, 2017
- Raptors' DeMar DeRozan playing Saturday despite illness October 21st, 2017
- Raptors' C.J. Miles will look to keep things going on Saturday October 21st, 2017
- Raptors' Serge Ibaka projected to reach value against 76ers October 21st, 2017
- Raptors' DeMar DeRozan (illness) questionable against 76ers October 21st, 2017
- Raptors' Kyle Lowry limited to 12 points in Thursday night win October 20th, 2017