Norman Powell agrees to $42 million extension with Toronto
The Toronto Raptors and guard Norman Powell have agreed to a four-year, $42 million extension, per Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
By signing the extension, the Raptors have locked up their promising swingman until 2022 and avoided Powell entering free agency in 2018, albeit as a restricted free agent. The third-year pro is expected to battle C.J. Miles for minutes at small forward while also filling in for DeMar DeRozan at the two, from time to time.
Our models project Powell for 10.9 points, 2.8 rebounds, 1.4 assists, and 1.4 three-pointers per game while shooting 43.6% from the floor this season.
- Julius Randle posts a huge double-double Sunday in Lakers' win January 22nd, 2018
- Elfrid Payton stays hot with 22 points Sunday in Orlando's win over Celtics January 22nd, 2018
- Alex Caruso plays 31 minutes Sunday in Lakers' win over Knicks January 22nd, 2018
- Jordan Clarkson unloads a big double-double Sunday in Los Angeles January 22nd, 2018
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson helps Nets knock off Pistons with 21 points Sunday January 22nd, 2018
- Thaddeus Young produces a strong line in Pacers' Sunday win January 22nd, 2018
- Kyle Lowry drops season-high 40 points Saturday for Toronto January 21st, 2018
- Raptors' Fred VanVleet (knee) a game-time decision for Friday January 19th, 2018
- Raptors' DeMar DeRozan starting in the All-Star Game for the second straight year January 18th, 2018
- Fred VanVleet (knee) limited for Raptors on Thursday, remains day-to-day January 18th, 2018
- Jonas Valanciunas scores 17, grabs 16 rebounds as Raptors top Pistons January 18th, 2018
- C.J. Miles leads Raptors with 21 points off bench in win January 18th, 2018