Norman Powell agrees to $42 million extension with Toronto
The Toronto Raptors and guard Norman Powell have agreed to a four-year, $42 million extension, per Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
By signing the extension, the Raptors have locked up their promising swingman until 2022 and avoided Powell entering free agency in 2018, albeit as a restricted free agent. The third-year pro is expected to battle C.J. Miles for minutes at small forward while also filling in for DeMar DeRozan at the two, from time to time.
Our models project Powell for 10.9 points, 2.8 rebounds, 1.4 assists, and 1.4 three-pointers per game while shooting 43.6% from the floor this season.
- Rockets' Ryan Anderson (ankle) probable for Saturday April 20th, 2018
- Bucks list John Henson (back) as doubtful for Friday April 20th, 2018
- Blazers' Jusuf Nurkic will start on Thursday night April 19th, 2018
- Moe Harkless will start for the Trail Blazers on Thursday April 19th, 2018
- JaVale McGee will play on Thursday night April 19th, 2018
- Blazers' Moe Harkless will not have his minutes restricted in Game 3 April 19th, 2018
- Raptors list Fred VanVleet (shoulder) as questionable for Game 3 April 20th, 2018
- Raptors' Fred VanVleet (shoulder) says he'll play in Game 3 April 19th, 2018
- DeMar DeRozan drops 37 points to lead Raptors to Game 2 win April 18th, 2018
- Serge Ibaka blocks 3 shots in Raptors' Game 2 victory April 18th, 2018
- Fred VanVleet (shoulder) winds up being cleared for Raptors in Game 2 on Tuesday April 17th, 2018
- Fred VanVleet (shoulder) doubtful for Raptors in Game 2 April 17th, 2018