Hornets' Nicolas Batum (elbow) undergoing an MRI on Thursday
Charlotte Hornets guard/forward Nicolas Batum (elbow) is undergoing an MRI on Thursday for his sprained elbow.
Batum left Wednesday's preseason game early with the elbow injury. The initial diagnosis was a mild sprain, but the MRI will tell if there is any ligament damage. Either way, expect the swingman to sit out the rest of the preseason and possibly miss a game or two of the regular season. Jeremy Lamb will see an uptick in minutes with Batum sidelined.
Our models project Batum for 14.9 points, 5.7 rebounds, 6.1 assists, and 1.1 steals per game in the 2017-18 season.
- Julius Randle posts a huge double-double Sunday in Lakers' win January 22nd, 2018
- Elfrid Payton stays hot with 22 points Sunday in Orlando's win over Celtics January 22nd, 2018
- Alex Caruso plays 31 minutes Sunday in Lakers' win over Knicks January 22nd, 2018
- Jordan Clarkson unloads a big double-double Sunday in Los Angeles January 22nd, 2018
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson helps Nets knock off Pistons with 21 points Sunday January 22nd, 2018
- Thaddeus Young produces a strong line in Pacers' Sunday win January 22nd, 2018
- Hornets' Kemba Walker says he would be 'pretty upset' if he's traded January 19th, 2018
- Kemba Walker reportedly made available in trade talks with Hornets January 19th, 2018
- Dwight Howard notches third-straight 15-rebound game as Hornets blow out Wizards January 18th, 2018
- Hornets' Kemba Walker scores 19, hits 4 triples in blowout of Wizards January 18th, 2018
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist makes 8-of-11 shots, scores 21 as Hornets defeat Wizards January 18th, 2018
- Hornets' Frank Kaminsky (ankle) upgraded to probable on Wednesday January 17th, 2018