Hornets' Nicolas Batum (elbow) undergoing an MRI on Thursday
Charlotte Hornets guard/forward Nicolas Batum (elbow) is undergoing an MRI on Thursday for his sprained elbow.
Batum left Wednesday's preseason game early with the elbow injury. The initial diagnosis was a mild sprain, but the MRI will tell if there is any ligament damage. Either way, expect the swingman to sit out the rest of the preseason and possibly miss a game or two of the regular season. Jeremy Lamb will see an uptick in minutes with Batum sidelined.
Our models project Batum for 14.9 points, 5.7 rebounds, 6.1 assists, and 1.1 steals per game in the 2017-18 season.
- Woj: Shabazz Napier heading to Brooklyn on a two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Channing Frye agrees to one-year deal with Cleveland July 14th, 2018
- Woj: Jabari Parker, Bulls agree to two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball to have arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday July 13th, 2018
- Bulls closing in on a deal with Bucks' free agent Jabari Parker July 13th, 2018
- Nuggets trade Kenneth Faried to Brooklyn in three-player swap July 13th, 2018
- Former Spurs guard Tony Parker to sign with the Hornets July 6th, 2018
- Dwight Howard to sign with Wizards after finalizing buyout with Nets July 3rd, 2018
- Hornets move back a pick, snag Miles Bridges with 12th pick June 21st, 2018
- Charlotte Hornets select Shai Gilgeous-Alexander with the 11th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft June 21st, 2018
- Wojnarowski: Hornets trade Dwight Howard to Nets for Timofey Mozgov and two second round picks June 20th, 2018
- Hornets reportedly tab Spurs assistant James Borrego for head coaching job May 8th, 2018