76ers' Joel Embiid (knee) playing in 5-on-5 scrimmage Thursday
Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid is playing in a full-court, 5-on-5 scrimmage on Thursday, reports Philly.com's Keith Pompey.
Pompey's also reporting that Embiid will not play in Friday's preseason game. It wouldn't be surprising if Embiid didn't play at all in the preseason, as the 76ers work him back slowly from having surgery on his torn left meniscus in March. Still, this is great news for Embiid's chances of playing in the regular season opener.
Our models project Embiid for 20.4 points, 9.3 rebounds and 2.7 blocks across 29.4 minutes a game this season. In our 2017-18 fantasy rankings, he is 15th among all center-eligible players.
- Woj: Shabazz Napier heading to Brooklyn on a two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Channing Frye agrees to one-year deal with Cleveland July 14th, 2018
- Woj: Jabari Parker, Bulls agree to two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball to have arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday July 13th, 2018
- Bulls closing in on a deal with Bucks' free agent Jabari Parker July 13th, 2018
- Nuggets trade Kenneth Faried to Brooklyn in three-player swap July 13th, 2018
- Nuggets trade Wilson Chandler to Philadelphia July 3rd, 2018
- J.J. Redick signs one-year contract to stay in Philadelphia July 2nd, 2018
- Ersan Ilyasova returning to Bucks for three-years, $21M July 1st, 2018
- 76ers select Mikal Bridges at 10th overall June 21st, 2018
- Sixers' Robert Covington (finger) undergoes surgery, to be re-evaluated in 2-3 weeks May 17th, 2018
- Atlanta Hawks officially hire Lloyd Pierce as their next head coach May 11th, 2018