76ers' Joel Embiid (knee) playing in 5-on-5 scrimmage Thursday
Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid is playing in a full-court, 5-on-5 scrimmage on Thursday, reports Philly.com's Keith Pompey.
Pompey's also reporting that Embiid will not play in Friday's preseason game. It wouldn't be surprising if Embiid didn't play at all in the preseason, as the 76ers work him back slowly from having surgery on his torn left meniscus in March. Still, this is great news for Embiid's chances of playing in the regular season opener.
Our models project Embiid for 20.4 points, 9.3 rebounds and 2.7 blocks across 29.4 minutes a game this season. In our 2017-18 fantasy rankings, he is 15th among all center-eligible players.
- Julius Randle posts a huge double-double Sunday in Lakers' win January 22nd, 2018
- Elfrid Payton stays hot with 22 points Sunday in Orlando's win over Celtics January 22nd, 2018
- Alex Caruso plays 31 minutes Sunday in Lakers' win over Knicks January 22nd, 2018
- Jordan Clarkson unloads a big double-double Sunday in Los Angeles January 22nd, 2018
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson helps Nets knock off Pistons with 21 points Sunday January 22nd, 2018
- Thaddeus Young produces a strong line in Pacers' Sunday win January 22nd, 2018
- Robert Covington makes 3 treys, records 4 steals in 76ers' victory January 21st, 2018
- 76ers' Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot to start in place of Jerryd Bayless (wrist) on Saturday January 20th, 2018
- 76ers' Jerryd Bayless (wrist) ruled out for Saturday January 20th, 2018
- Richaun Holmes (illness) set to return for 76ers on Saturday January 19th, 2018
- 76ers' T.J. McConnell scores 15 points in win over Celtics on Thursday January 19th, 2018
- 76ers' Robert Covington doesn't make the most of 40 minutes of playing time Thursday January 19th, 2018