76ers' Joel Embiid (knee) playing in 5-on-5 scrimmage Thursday
Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid is playing in a full-court, 5-on-5 scrimmage on Thursday, reports Philly.com's Keith Pompey.
Pompey's also reporting that Embiid will not play in Friday's preseason game. It wouldn't be surprising if Embiid didn't play at all in the preseason, as the 76ers work him back slowly from having surgery on his torn left meniscus in March. Still, this is great news for Embiid's chances of playing in the regular season opener.
Our models project Embiid for 20.4 points, 9.3 rebounds and 2.7 blocks across 29.4 minutes a game this season. In our 2017-18 fantasy rankings, he is 15th among all center-eligible players.
- Clippers' Milos Teodosic sidelined indefinitely with plantar fascia injury October 22nd, 2017
- Hawks' Dennis Schroder leaves early with an ankle injury October 22nd, 2017
- Phoenix Suns fire head coach Earl Watson after 3 games October 22nd, 2017
- Kawhi Leonard (quad) will remain out on Monday for San Antonio October 22nd, 2017
- Allen Crabbe returns to Nets' bench Sunday October 22nd, 2017
- Caris LeVert will start for the Nets on Sunday afternoon October 22nd, 2017
- 76ers' Amir Johnson is starting in place of resting Joel Embiid October 21st, 2017
- 76ers' Joel Embiid frustrated with sitting back-to-backs October 21st, 2017
- 76ers' Joel Embiid will not play on Saturday October 20th, 2017
- 76ers' Robert Covington scorching hot in season opener October 19th, 2017
- Philadelphia's Ben Simmons shines in rookie debut Wednesday night October 19th, 2017
- 76ers' Joel Embiid excites in season-opening performance October 19th, 2017