Tony Allen signing a one-year deal with New Orleans
Free agent guard/forward Tony Allen is finalizing a one-year deal to join the New Orleans Pelicans, per Shams Charania ot The Vertical.
With the Pelicans in desperate need for wings, due to injuries, Allen may be the team's starting forward on opening day. A defensive specialist, the 35-year-old will likely play around 25 minutes per game in 2017-18.
Allen averaged 9.1 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 1.6 steals in 27.0 minutes per game for the Memphis Grizzlies last season.
- Sixers' Robert Covington (finger) undergoes surgery, to be re-evaluated in 2-3 weeks May 17th, 2018
- P.J. Tucker unloads 22 points as Rockets tie series May 17th, 2018
- Kevin Durant drops 38 points in Warriors' Game 2 loss May 17th, 2018
- James Harden leads Rockets to Game 2 win with 27 points May 17th, 2018
- Mike Budenholzer reportedly agrees to become head coach of the Milwaukee Bucks May 16th, 2018
- Jaylen Brown leads Celtics to Game 2 win with 23 points May 16th, 2018
- Paxson: Kris Dunn will return as Bulls' starting point guard April 12th, 2018
- Sean Kilpatrick moves into Bulls' starting lineup Wednesday with Justin Holiday sitting out April 11th, 2018
- Lauri Markkanen may see even fewer minutes for Bulls in Wednesday's finale April 10th, 2018
- Bulls' Bobby Portis scores 18 with 8 rebounds as tank continues April 8th, 2018
- Robin Lopez resting for Bulls on Saturday April 7th, 2018
- Bobby Portis replaces Lauri Markkanen (rest) in Bulls' first unit on Saturday April 7th, 2018