Tony Allen signing a one-year deal with New Orleans
Free agent guard/forward Tony Allen is finalizing a one-year deal to join the New Orleans Pelicans, per Shams Charania ot The Vertical.
With the Pelicans in desperate need for wings, due to injuries, Allen may be the team's starting forward on opening day. A defensive specialist, the 35-year-old will likely play around 25 minutes per game in 2017-18.
Allen averaged 9.1 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 1.6 steals in 27.0 minutes per game for the Memphis Grizzlies last season.
- Lakers' Larry Nance Jr. (hand) gets the green light for practice November 17th, 2017
- Serge Ibaka (knee) questionable for Raptors on Friday November 17th, 2017
- Grizzlies' Mike Conley (Achilles) out at least two more weeks November 17th, 2017
- Will Barton returning to sixth-man role for Nuggets on Friday November 17th, 2017
- Warriors' Kevin Durant scores 24 points on 18 shots on Thursday November 17th, 2017
- T.J. Warren scores 14 points on Thursday for Suns November 17th, 2017
- Pelicans' Tony Allen (knee) likely to play on Friday against Denver November 16th, 2017
- Pelicans' Rajon Rondo expected to play 20-24 minutes against Denver Friday November 16th, 2017
- Anthony Davis held to 19 points in Pelicans' loss to Raptors November 16th, 2017
- Pelicans' DeMarcus Cousins posts full line in loss to Raptors November 16th, 2017
- E'Twaun Moore headed to Pelicans' bench versus Raptors November 15th, 2017
- Tony Allen (knee) remains out for Pelicans on Wednesday November 15th, 2017