Chicago Bulls finalizing deal for Quincy Pondexter
The Chicago Bulls are finalizing a deal to receive a second-round draft pick along with forward Quincy Pondexter from the New Orleans Pelicans, according to Shams Charania of The Vertical.
With the Bulls tanking and the Pelicans looking to free up their roster and some cap room, the deal is a win-win for both sides. Pondexter last saw NBA action in April of 2015 as he has missed the last two seasons with knee injuries. He is scheduled to make 3.8 million in 2017-18, the last year of a 4-year contract he signed with the Pels in 2014.
Pondexter has career averages of 5.3 points, 2.0 rebounds, and 0.8 assists in 18.1 minutes per game during his five-year NBA career.
- Lakers' Larry Nance Jr. (hand) gets the green light for practice November 17th, 2017
- Serge Ibaka (knee) questionable for Raptors on Friday November 17th, 2017
- Grizzlies' Mike Conley (Achilles) out at least two more weeks November 17th, 2017
- Will Barton returning to sixth-man role for Nuggets on Friday November 17th, 2017
- Warriors' Kevin Durant scores 24 points on 18 shots on Thursday November 17th, 2017
- T.J. Warren scores 14 points on Thursday for Suns November 17th, 2017
- Bulls' Justin Holiday (personal) to start Friday against Hornets November 16th, 2017
- Lauri Markkanen to remain Bulls' starter upon Nikola Mirotic's return November 16th, 2017
- David Nwaba (ankle) not ready to return for Bulls November 16th, 2017
- Lauri Markkanen scores 16 points with 6 rebounds as Bulls get blown out November 16th, 2017
- Bulls' Nikola Mirotic (face) will not travel on team's four-game road trip November 16th, 2017
- Bulls' Zach LaVine (knee) could be cleared by November 20th November 16th, 2017