Pelicans' Frank Jackson suffers broken right foot
New Orleans Pelicans point guard Frank Jackson broke his right foot and will undergo surgery on Friday.
Jackson had a stress fracture in his right foot earlier this year and had surgery in May. The rookie will now undergo his second surgery in less than four months and will miss most, if not all of training camp, and likely a good portion of the first month or two of the season.
Jackson averaged 10.9 points, 25 rebounds, and 1.7 assists in 24.9 minutes per game in his one-and-only college season with the Duke Blue Devils in 2016-17. He was selected with the first pick of the second round (31 overall) in the 2017 NBA Draft.
- Timberwolves' Jamal Crawford declines player option for 2018-19 season June 18th, 2018
- Rudy Gay opts out of his contract with San Antonio June 18th, 2018
- Kawhi Leonard reportedly requests to be traded from San Antonio June 15th, 2018
- Nuggets' Kenneth Faried could be heading to the Hawks June 14th, 2018
- Raptors not expected to trade Jonas Valanciunas June 14th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball says he's 100 percent healthy June 12th, 2018
- Pelicans' DeMarcus Cousins (Achilles) progressing to pool work in rehab June 18th, 2018
- Pelicans, Alvin Gentry agree to two-year extension June 7th, 2018
- Pelicans' Anthony Davis voted All-NBA First Team for second straight season May 24th, 2018
- Gentry: 'We want' DeMarcus Cousins (Achilles) back on team in 2018 May 10th, 2018
- Pelicans' Anthony Davis limited to paint points in Game 1 loss April 29th, 2018
- Jrue Holiday shut down in Pelicans' Game 1 April 29th, 2018