Bulls' Cameron Payne (foot) to undergo surgery next week
Chicago Bulls point guard Cameron Payne is set to undergo surgery to repair a fracture of the fifth metatarsal on his right foot, according to the Chicago Tribune's K.C. Johnson.
The surgery is to correct the same bone that Payne broke in the 2015-16 when with the Oklahoma City Thunder. He will go under the knife on September 6th and could be sidelined for more than two months. The injury happened back on July 18 but the Bulls hoped that six weeks of rest would resolve the issue. With Payne out until late-November or maybe even December, Kris Dunn and Jerian Grant will get a lot of run in the Chicago backcourt.
In just 31 games a year ago, Payne averaged just 5.2 points per game on 33.2% shooting. His -2.8 nERD ranked 188th of all NBA guards.
- Dwyane Wade expected to finalize deal with Cavaliers Wednesday September 26th, 2017
- Marcus Morris (personal) to miss the start of Celtics' training camp September 25th, 2017
- Bucks' Jabari Parker (knee) targeting a February return September 25th, 2017
- Thunder's Russell Westbrook insists his knee is 'fine' September 25th, 2017
- Isaiah Thomas (hip) expected to debut for Cavaliers by January September 25th, 2017
- T.J. Warren agrees to 4-year, $50M extension with Suns September 25th, 2017
- Zach LaVine (knee) will not be ready for Bulls' season opener September 25th, 2017
- Dwyane Wade and the Bulls agree to a buyout September 24th, 2017
- Chicago Bulls finalizing deal for Quincy Pondexter August 31st, 2017
- Bulls' Cameron Payne (foot) to undergo surgery next week August 31st, 2017
- Bulls, Dwyane Wade expected to reach buyout August 17th, 2017
- Bulls' Zach LaVine (knee) ahead of schedule, could be ready for training camp July 13th, 2017