Celtics to throw in second-round pick to finalize Kyrie Irving-Isaiah Thomas trade with Cavs
After Isaiah Thomas' physical held up the blockbuster deal sending Kyrie Irving to the Celtics, the two teams have agreed to a final version of the trade, as Boston will send an additional 2020 second-round draft pick to the Cleveland Cavaliers, according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
The original deal agreed upon was Irving to the Celtics in exchange for Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and an unprotected 2018 first-round draft pick via the Brooklyn Nets. After some hesitation about Thomas' hip, the Cavs will pick up an extra second-rounder via the Miami Heat to seal the deal.
Irving scored a career-high 25.2 points in 2016-17 while posting a 30.8% usage rate for Cleveland. He ranked 23rd, out of 486 NBA players last season, with an 8.2 nERD rating.
- Lakers' Larry Nance Jr. (hand) gets the green light for practice November 17th, 2017
- Serge Ibaka (knee) questionable for Raptors on Friday November 17th, 2017
- Grizzlies' Mike Conley (Achilles) out at least two more weeks November 17th, 2017
- Will Barton returning to sixth-man role for Nuggets on Friday November 17th, 2017
- Warriors' Kevin Durant scores 24 points on 18 shots on Thursday November 17th, 2017
- T.J. Warren scores 14 points on Thursday for Suns November 17th, 2017
- Celtics' Marcus Morris drops 12 points as a starter on Thursday night November 17th, 2017
- Celtics' Jayson Tatum does damage from the stripe on Thursday night November 17th, 2017
- Celtics' Al Horford posts a double-double in win over Dubs November 17th, 2017
- Kyrie Irving goes 4-of-16 for 16 points in Celtics' win over Warriors November 17th, 2017
- Jaylen Brown drops 22 points in Celtics' comeback win November 16th, 2017
- Celtics' Jaylen Brown produces well in Tuesday's victory November 15th, 2017