Celtics to throw in second-round pick to finalize Kyrie Irving-Isaiah Thomas trade with Cavs
After Isaiah Thomas' physical held up the blockbuster deal sending Kyrie Irving to the Celtics, the two teams have agreed to a final version of the trade, as Boston will send an additional 2020 second-round draft pick to the Cleveland Cavaliers, according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
The original deal agreed upon was Irving to the Celtics in exchange for Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and an unprotected 2018 first-round draft pick via the Brooklyn Nets. After some hesitation about Thomas' hip, the Cavs will pick up an extra second-rounder via the Miami Heat to seal the deal.
Irving scored a career-high 25.2 points in 2016-17 while posting a 30.8% usage rate for Cleveland. He ranked 23rd, out of 486 NBA players last season, with an 8.2 nERD rating.
- Marcus Morris (personal) to miss the start of Celtics' training camp September 25th, 2017
- Bucks' Jabari Parker (knee) targeting a February return September 25th, 2017
- Thunder's Russell Westbrook insists his knee is 'fine' September 25th, 2017
- Zach LaVine (knee) will not be ready for Bulls' season opener September 25th, 2017
- T.J. Warren agrees to 4-year, $50M extension with Suns September 25th, 2017
- Dwyane Wade and the Bulls agree to a buyout September 24th, 2017
- Isaiah Thomas (hip) expected to debut for Cavaliers by January September 25th, 2017
- Cavaliers' Isaiah Thomas (hip) targeting January debut September 25th, 2017
- Celtics to throw in second-round pick to finalize Kyrie Irving-Isaiah Thomas trade with Cavs August 30th, 2017
- Bucks set to offer trade package in exchange for Cavaliers' Kyrie Irving August 30th, 2017
- Cavaliers' Derrick Rose (knee) says 'no doubt' he'll be ready for regular season August 29th, 2017
- Ante Zizic part of the package going to Cleveland for Kyrie Irving August 22nd, 2017