Celtics to throw in second-round pick to finalize Kyrie Irving-Isaiah Thomas trade with Cavs
After Isaiah Thomas' physical held up the blockbuster deal sending Kyrie Irving to the Celtics, the two teams have agreed to a final version of the trade, as Boston will send an additional 2020 second-round draft pick to the Cleveland Cavaliers, according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
The original deal agreed upon was Irving to the Celtics in exchange for Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and an unprotected 2018 first-round draft pick via the Brooklyn Nets. After some hesitation about Thomas' hip, the Cavs will pick up an extra second-rounder via the Miami Heat to seal the deal.
Irving scored a career-high 25.2 points in 2016-17 while posting a 30.8% usage rate for Cleveland. He ranked 23rd, out of 486 NBA players last season, with an 8.2 nERD rating.
- Sixers' Robert Covington (finger) undergoes surgery, to be re-evaluated in 2-3 weeks May 17th, 2018
- P.J. Tucker unloads 22 points as Rockets tie series May 17th, 2018
- Kevin Durant drops 38 points in Warriors' Game 2 loss May 17th, 2018
- James Harden leads Rockets to Game 2 win with 27 points May 17th, 2018
- Mike Budenholzer reportedly agrees to become head coach of the Milwaukee Bucks May 16th, 2018
- LeBron James' triple-double not enough as Cavaliers lose Game 2 May 16th, 2018
- Jaylen Brown leads Celtics to Game 2 win with 23 points May 16th, 2018
- Jaylen Brown drops 23 points as Celtics cruise in Game 1 win May 14th, 2018
- Celtics planning to be without Shane Larkin (shoulder) for ECF May 10th, 2018
- Jayson Tatum scores 25 as Celtics advance to ECF May 10th, 2018
- Marcus Smart moves to the bench in favor of Jaylen Brown for Celtics in Game 5 May 9th, 2018
- Jaylen Brown returns to Celtics' starting lineup on Wednesday May 9th, 2018