Jae Crowder sent to Cleveland as part of Kyrie Irving deal
The Cleveland Cavaliers have acquired forward Jae Crowder, along with guard Isaiah Thomas, center Ante Zizic, and the Brooklyn Nets' 2018 first-round pick from the Boston Celtics in exchange for point guard Kyrie Irving.
Crowder is a nice get in the package for Cleveland as he has a team-friendly contract over the next three seasons and is one of the best young defensive wings in the NBA. His ability to play multiple positions will help the Cavs' flexibility as they make one more run at a championship before LeBron James' expected departure in the summer of 2018.
Crowder scored 13.9 points with 5.8 rebounds, 1.0 steals, and 2.2 three-pointers per game in 2016-17. He posted a 4.3 nERD rating, ranking him 50th among the 486 NBA players last season.
- Sixers' Robert Covington (finger) undergoes surgery, to be re-evaluated in 2-3 weeks May 17th, 2018
- P.J. Tucker unloads 22 points as Rockets tie series May 17th, 2018
- Kevin Durant drops 38 points in Warriors' Game 2 loss May 17th, 2018
- James Harden leads Rockets to Game 2 win with 27 points May 17th, 2018
- Mike Budenholzer reportedly agrees to become head coach of the Milwaukee Bucks May 16th, 2018
- Jaylen Brown leads Celtics to Game 2 win with 23 points May 16th, 2018
- Utah's Ricky Rubio (hamstrng) ruled out for Game 5 on Tuesday May 7th, 2018
- Jazz rule out Dante Exum (hamstring) for Game 5 on Tuesday May 7th, 2018
- Jae Crowder struggles Sunday shooting 1-for-11 in Utah's loss May 7th, 2018
- Donovan Mitchell's 25 points not enough as Jazz fall in Game 4 May 7th, 2018
- Ricky Rubio (hamstring) is ruled out Sunday in Game 4 May 6th, 2018
- Derrick Favors (ankle) questionable for Jazz on Sunday May 5th, 2018