Jae Crowder sent to Cleveland as part of Kyrie Irving deal
The Cleveland Cavaliers have acquired forward Jae Crowder, along with guard Isaiah Thomas, center Ante Zizic, and the Brooklyn Nets' 2018 first-round pick from the Boston Celtics in exchange for point guard Kyrie Irving.
Crowder is a nice get in the package for Cleveland as he has a team-friendly contract over the next three seasons and is one of the best young defensive wings in the NBA. His ability to play multiple positions will help the Cavs' flexibility as they make one more run at a championship before LeBron James' expected departure in the summer of 2018.
Crowder scored 13.9 points with 5.8 rebounds, 1.0 steals, and 2.2 three-pointers per game in 2016-17. He posted a 4.3 nERD rating, ranking him 50th among the 486 NBA players last season.
- Lakers' Larry Nance Jr. (hand) gets the green light for practice November 17th, 2017
- Serge Ibaka (knee) questionable for Raptors on Friday November 17th, 2017
- Grizzlies' Mike Conley (Achilles) out at least two more weeks November 17th, 2017
- Will Barton returning to sixth-man role for Nuggets on Friday November 17th, 2017
- Warriors' Kevin Durant scores 24 points on 18 shots on Thursday November 17th, 2017
- T.J. Warren scores 14 points on Thursday for Suns November 17th, 2017
- LeBron James drops 30 as Cleveland beats Charlotte November 16th, 2017
- Kevin Love goes for 22 and 10 in Cavaliers' win November 16th, 2017
- Dwyane Wade scores 15 points, pulls down 8 boards in Cavaliers' win November 14th, 2017
- Kevin Love puts up a dud Monday as Cavaliers escape New York with a win November 14th, 2017
- Iman Shumpert goes scoreless over 20 minutes in Cavaliers' win November 14th, 2017
- LeBron James comes up just shy of a triple-double in Cavs' win November 13th, 2017