Cavaliers, Celtics in 'serious talks' about a Kyrie Irving-Isaiah Thomas trade
The Cleveland Cavaliers are reportedly nearing completion on a deal that would send point guard Kyrie Irving to the Boston Celtics in exchange for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, and draft picks, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
Wojnarowski says there are still some details to work out, but with their surplus of draft picks, the Celtics can offer the Cavaliers the most attractive package that allows them to remain competitive in 2017 while also preparing for a likely rebuild next summer. Irving's fantasy value figures to remain relatively constant in Boston, while Thomas' outlook takes a significant hit playing alongside James in Cleveland.
Out of 486 players last season, Irving finished 23rd in numberFire's NBA Player Power Rankings with an 8.2 nERD while Thomas was 6th (16.3 nERD).
- Rodney Hood (leg) ruled out for Jazz on Saturday night January 20th, 2018
- Mario Chalmers (shoulder) ruled out for Grizzlies Saturday night January 20th, 2018
- Update: Grizzlies' Ben McLemore starting on Saturday against the Pelicans January 20th, 2018
- Miami's Wayne Ellington starting in place of Goran Dragic (knee) on Saturday January 20th, 2018
- Miami's Goran Dragic (knee) will not play on Saturday, Wayne Ellington is starting in his place January 20th, 2018
- Grizzlies' Mario Chalmers (shoulder) remains game-time call on Saturday January 20th, 2018
- Celtics' Aron Baynes (illness) doesn't practice on Saturday January 20th, 2018
- Celtics' Kyrie Irving (shoulder) practices on Saturday January 20th, 2018
- Celtics' Jaylen Brown can't get going against 76ers Thursday January 19th, 2018
- Jayson Tatum scores 11, steals 2, blocks 2 in loss for Celtics January 19th, 2018
- Celtics' Terry Rozier has quiet night in loss to 76ers January 19th, 2018
- Al Horford scores 14 points in full line, Celtics fall to 76ers January 19th, 2018