Cavaliers, Celtics in 'serious talks' about a Kyrie Irving-Isaiah Thomas trade
The Cleveland Cavaliers are reportedly nearing completion on a deal that would send point guard Kyrie Irving to the Boston Celtics in exchange for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, and draft picks, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
Wojnarowski says there are still some details to work out, but with their surplus of draft picks, the Celtics can offer the Cavaliers the most attractive package that allows them to remain competitive in 2017 while also preparing for a likely rebuild next summer. Irving's fantasy value figures to remain relatively constant in Boston, while Thomas' outlook takes a significant hit playing alongside James in Cleveland.
Out of 486 players last season, Irving finished 23rd in numberFire's NBA Player Power Rankings with an 8.2 nERD while Thomas was 6th (16.3 nERD).
- Lakers' Larry Nance Jr. (hand) gets the green light for practice November 17th, 2017
- Serge Ibaka (knee) questionable for Raptors on Friday November 17th, 2017
- Grizzlies' Mike Conley (Achilles) out at least two more weeks November 17th, 2017
- Will Barton returning to sixth-man role for Nuggets on Friday November 17th, 2017
- Warriors' Kevin Durant scores 24 points on 18 shots on Thursday November 17th, 2017
- T.J. Warren scores 14 points on Thursday for Suns November 17th, 2017
- Celtics' Marcus Morris drops 12 points as a starter on Thursday night November 17th, 2017
- Celtics' Jayson Tatum does damage from the stripe on Thursday night November 17th, 2017
- Celtics' Al Horford posts a double-double in win over Dubs November 17th, 2017
- Kyrie Irving goes 4-of-16 for 16 points in Celtics' win over Warriors November 17th, 2017
- Jaylen Brown drops 22 points in Celtics' comeback win November 16th, 2017
- Celtics' Jaylen Brown produces well in Tuesday's victory November 15th, 2017