Cavaliers, Celtics in 'serious talks' about a Kyrie Irving-Isaiah Thomas trade
The Cleveland Cavaliers are reportedly nearing completion on a deal that would send point guard Kyrie Irving to the Boston Celtics in exchange for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, and draft picks, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
Wojnarowski says there are still some details to work out, but with their surplus of draft picks, the Celtics can offer the Cavaliers the most attractive package that allows them to remain competitive in 2017 while also preparing for a likely rebuild next summer. Irving's fantasy value figures to remain relatively constant in Boston, while Thomas' outlook takes a significant hit playing alongside James in Cleveland.
Out of 486 players last season, Irving finished 23rd in numberFire's NBA Player Power Rankings with an 8.2 nERD while Thomas was 6th (16.3 nERD).
- Marcus Morris (personal) to miss the start of Celtics' training camp September 25th, 2017
- Bucks' Jabari Parker (knee) targeting a February return September 25th, 2017
- Thunder's Russell Westbrook insists his knee is 'fine' September 25th, 2017
- Zach LaVine (knee) will not be ready for Bulls' season opener September 25th, 2017
- T.J. Warren agrees to 4-year, $50M extension with Suns September 25th, 2017
- Dwyane Wade and the Bulls agree to a buyout September 24th, 2017
- Dwyane Wade expected to finalize deal with Cavaliers Wednesday September 26th, 2017
- Isaiah Thomas (hip) expected to debut for Cavaliers by January September 25th, 2017
- Cavaliers' Isaiah Thomas (hip) targeting January debut September 25th, 2017
- Celtics to throw in second-round pick to finalize Kyrie Irving-Isaiah Thomas trade with Cavs August 30th, 2017
- Bucks set to offer trade package in exchange for Cavaliers' Kyrie Irving August 30th, 2017
- Cavaliers' Derrick Rose (knee) says 'no doubt' he'll be ready for regular season August 29th, 2017