Cavaliers, Celtics in 'serious talks' about a Kyrie Irving-Isaiah Thomas trade
The Cleveland Cavaliers are reportedly nearing completion on a deal that would send point guard Kyrie Irving to the Boston Celtics in exchange for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, and draft picks, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
Wojnarowski says there are still some details to work out, but with their surplus of draft picks, the Celtics can offer the Cavaliers the most attractive package that allows them to remain competitive in 2017 while also preparing for a likely rebuild next summer. Irving's fantasy value figures to remain relatively constant in Boston, while Thomas' outlook takes a significant hit playing alongside James in Cleveland.
Out of 486 players last season, Irving finished 23rd in numberFire's NBA Player Power Rankings with an 8.2 nERD while Thomas was 6th (16.3 nERD).
- Sixers' Robert Covington (finger) undergoes surgery, to be re-evaluated in 2-3 weeks May 17th, 2018
- P.J. Tucker unloads 22 points as Rockets tie series May 17th, 2018
- Kevin Durant drops 38 points in Warriors' Game 2 loss May 17th, 2018
- James Harden leads Rockets to Game 2 win with 27 points May 17th, 2018
- Mike Budenholzer reportedly agrees to become head coach of the Milwaukee Bucks May 16th, 2018
- LeBron James' triple-double not enough as Cavaliers lose Game 2 May 16th, 2018
- Jaylen Brown leads Celtics to Game 2 win with 23 points May 16th, 2018
- Jaylen Brown drops 23 points as Celtics cruise in Game 1 win May 14th, 2018
- Celtics planning to be without Shane Larkin (shoulder) for ECF May 10th, 2018
- Jayson Tatum scores 25 as Celtics advance to ECF May 10th, 2018
- Marcus Smart moves to the bench in favor of Jaylen Brown for Celtics in Game 5 May 9th, 2018
- Jaylen Brown returns to Celtics' starting lineup on Wednesday May 9th, 2018