Pistons' Andre Drummond has lost 20 pounds this offseason
Detroit Pistons center Andre Drummond has lost 20 pounds since the end of the 2016-17 season, according to The Vertical's Michael Lee.
Just a week ago, Drummond acknowledged that he did not live up to the expectations of his new contract extension. However, it looks like the big man's doing all he can do better himself this offseason. He's undergone surgery to repair a sinus issue that has prevented him from playing for longer periods of time and keeping weight off. Now that the problem has been rectified, Drummond says that he's in better shape and will look to improve his range in 2017-18.
Drummond's 29.7 minutes per game were the lowest since his rookie year. In addition, he shot just 38.6% from the free throw line and 2-of-7 from three in 2016-17. Nonetheless, his 3.5 nERD was second-best on the team and 29th among all centers.
- Lakers' Channing Frye undergoes appendectomy February 17th, 2018
- Celtics' Jaylen Brown scores 35 points in Rising Stars Challenge February 17th, 2018
- Kings' Bogdan Bogdanovic wins MVP of Rising Stars Challenge February 17th, 2018
- 76ers' Joel Embiid says he'll participate in all three of his All-Star events February 16th, 2018
- Corey Brewer scores 6 in 13 minutes off Lakers' bench February 16th, 2018
- Gorgui Dieng scores 6 as Timberwolves best Lakers February 16th, 2018
- Blake Griffin nearly triple-doubles in Pistons' win February 15th, 2018
- Andre Drummond gets 13 points and 15 boards in Pistons' win over Hawks on Wednesday February 15th, 2018
- Detroit's Ish Smith tallies 22 points and 9 assists in Wednesday's win over Atlanta February 15th, 2018
- Pistons' Reggie Jackson (ankle) still without timetable for return February 14th, 2018
- Blake Griffin scores 22 points as Pistons lose third straight game February 13th, 2018
- Andre Drummond racks up 21 rebounds in Pistons' Monday loss February 13th, 2018