Pistons' Andre Drummond has lost 20 pounds this offseason
Detroit Pistons center Andre Drummond has lost 20 pounds since the end of the 2016-17 season, according to The Vertical's Michael Lee.
Just a week ago, Drummond acknowledged that he did not live up to the expectations of his new contract extension. However, it looks like the big man's doing all he can do better himself this offseason. He's undergone surgery to repair a sinus issue that has prevented him from playing for longer periods of time and keeping weight off. Now that the problem has been rectified, Drummond says that he's in better shape and will look to improve his range in 2017-18.
Drummond's 29.7 minutes per game were the lowest since his rookie year. In addition, he shot just 38.6% from the free throw line and 2-of-7 from three in 2016-17. Nonetheless, his 3.5 nERD was second-best on the team and 29th among all centers.
- Timberwolves' Jamal Crawford declines player option for 2018-19 season June 18th, 2018
- Rudy Gay opts out of his contract with San Antonio June 18th, 2018
- Pelicans' DeMarcus Cousins (Achilles) progressing to pool work in rehab June 18th, 2018
- Kawhi Leonard reportedly requests to be traded from San Antonio June 15th, 2018
- Nuggets' Kenneth Faried could be heading to the Hawks June 14th, 2018
- Raptors not expected to trade Jonas Valanciunas June 14th, 2018
- Dwane Casey reportedly named Pistons' next head coach June 11th, 2018
- Wojnarowski: Stan Van Gundy, Pistons part ways May 7th, 2018
- Andre Drummond (ankle) doubtful for Pistons' season-finale on Wednesday April 10th, 2018
- Andre Drummond (Achilles) ruled out for Pistons on Monday April 9th, 2018
- Pistons' Reggie Bullock (knee) out for the remainder of the season April 6th, 2018
- Andre Drummond (illness) good to go for Pistons on Wednesday April 4th, 2018