Pistons' Boban Marjanovic to see more run in 2017-18
Detroit Pistons center Boban Marjanovic is expected to see expanded minutes in the 2017-18 season, according to head coach Stan Van Gundy.
Speaking to the media on Friday, Van Gundy said that he envisions Marjanovic and Jon Leuer as a "two-headed monster" behind starting center Andre Drummond. While Leuer is expected to play most of his minutes from the four spot, Marjanovic will stay in the lineup for longer periods of time, as Van Gundy vows to leave him compete against smaller lineups.
With Aron Baynes gone, Marjanovic should exceed 293 minutes and the 8.4 per game he averaged a year ago. In that limited time, the 7'3" Serbian put together a 2.4 nERD, which ranked 40th of 119 center-eligible players in numberFire's database.
- Dwyane Wade expected to finalize deal with Cavaliers Wednesday September 26th, 2017
- Marcus Morris (personal) to miss the start of Celtics' training camp September 25th, 2017
- Bucks' Jabari Parker (knee) targeting a February return September 25th, 2017
- Thunder's Russell Westbrook insists his knee is 'fine' September 25th, 2017
- Zach LaVine (knee) will not be ready for Bulls' season opener September 25th, 2017
- Isaiah Thomas (hip) expected to debut for Cavaliers by January September 25th, 2017
- Pistons willing to go into tax for Avery Bradley August 14th, 2017
- Pistons' Andre Drummond has lost 20 pounds this offseason August 11th, 2017
- Pistons' Boban Marjanovic to see more run in 2017-18 August 11th, 2017
- Lakers, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope agree to one-year deal July 12th, 2017
- Anthony Tolliver to sign with the Pistons July 11th, 2017
- Aron Baynes signs one-year contract with Pistons July 10th, 2017