Pistons' Boban Marjanovic to see more run in 2017-18
Detroit Pistons center Boban Marjanovic is expected to see expanded minutes in the 2017-18 season, according to head coach Stan Van Gundy.
Speaking to the media on Friday, Van Gundy said that he envisions Marjanovic and Jon Leuer as a "two-headed monster" behind starting center Andre Drummond. While Leuer is expected to play most of his minutes from the four spot, Marjanovic will stay in the lineup for longer periods of time, as Van Gundy vows to leave him compete against smaller lineups.
With Aron Baynes gone, Marjanovic should exceed 293 minutes and the 8.4 per game he averaged a year ago. In that limited time, the 7'3" Serbian put together a 2.4 nERD, which ranked 40th of 119 center-eligible players in numberFire's database.
- Rodney Hood (leg) ruled out for Jazz on Saturday night January 20th, 2018
- Mario Chalmers (shoulder) ruled out for Grizzlies Saturday night January 20th, 2018
- Update: Grizzlies' Ben McLemore starting on Saturday against the Pelicans January 20th, 2018
- Miami's Wayne Ellington starting in place of Goran Dragic (knee) on Saturday January 20th, 2018
- Miami's Goran Dragic (knee) will not play on Saturday, Wayne Ellington is starting in his place January 20th, 2018
- Grizzlies' Mario Chalmers (shoulder) remains game-time call on Saturday January 20th, 2018
- Pistons' Luke Kennard (thumb) is available to play on Friday January 19th, 2018
- Stanley Johnson (hip) available to play for Detroit on Friday night January 19th, 2018
- Pistons' Reggie Bullock (illness) will play on Friday January 19th, 2018
- Pistons' Avery Bradley (groin) will play on Friday versus the Wizards January 19th, 2018
- Pistons' Jon Leuer (ankle) to undergo season-ending surgery on Friday January 19th, 2018
- Avery Bradley (groin) 50-50, 'feels like he'll go' for Pistons January 19th, 2018