Pelicans and Rajon Rondo agree to deal
Free agent guard Rajon Rondo has agreed to a one-year deal with the New Orleans Pelicans, according to The Vertical's Shams Charania.
Rondo also met with the Atlanta Hawks and Los Angeles Lakers before signing with the Pelicans. He projects as a backup to Jrue Holiday and will likely spend time at point guard as Holiday moves off the ball.
In 2016-17, Rondo averaged 7.8 points and 0.7 threes a game on a career-best 37.6% shooting from deep. He also managed an assist rate of 37% on just a 17.8% usage rate.
- Pau Gasol and Spurs agree to a three-year deal July 21st, 2017
- Celtics sign forward Guerschon Yabusele July 20th, 2017
- Udonis Haslem signs one-year deal to remain with Heat July 20th, 2017
- Derrick Rose meeting with the Lakers on Thursday July 20th, 2017
- Andrew Wiggins working on a five-year extension with Minnesota July 20th, 2017
- Derrick Rose and the Cavaliers having serious contract talks July 20th, 2017
- Bulls' Zach LaVine (knee) ahead of schedule, could be ready for training camp July 13th, 2017
- Rajon Rondo meeting with Pelicans July 13th, 2017
- Lakers still hope to sign free agent Rajon Rondo July 12th, 2017
- Bulls' Kris Dunn (personal) out for the remainder of Summer League July 10th, 2017
- Clippers, Milos Teodosic negotiating deal July 5th, 2017
- The Bulls waive Rajon Rondo on Friday June 30th, 2017