Pelicans and Rajon Rondo agree to deal
Free agent guard Rajon Rondo has agreed to a one-year deal with the New Orleans Pelicans, according to The Vertical's Shams Charania.
Rondo also met with the Atlanta Hawks and Los Angeles Lakers before signing with the Pelicans. He projects as a backup to Jrue Holiday and will likely spend time at point guard as Holiday moves off the ball.
In 2016-17, Rondo averaged 7.8 points and 0.7 threes a game on a career-best 37.6% shooting from deep. He also managed an assist rate of 37% on just a 17.8% usage rate.
- Andrew Bogut agrees to one-year deal with Lakers September 18th, 2017
- Brandon Rush signs deal with Bucks September 18th, 2017
- Mason Plumlee agrees to three-year deal with Nuggets September 18th, 2017
- Tony Allen signing a one-year deal with New Orleans September 11th, 2017
- Pelicans' Frank Jackson suffers broken right foot August 31st, 2017
- Kings' Zach Randolph charged with two misdemeanors following arrest August 31st, 2017
- Chicago Bulls finalizing deal for Quincy Pondexter August 31st, 2017
- Bulls' Cameron Payne (foot) to undergo surgery next week August 31st, 2017
- Bulls, Dwyane Wade expected to reach buyout August 17th, 2017
- Bulls' Zach LaVine (knee) ahead of schedule, could be ready for training camp July 13th, 2017
- Rajon Rondo meeting with Pelicans July 13th, 2017
- Lakers still hope to sign free agent Rajon Rondo July 12th, 2017