Pelicans and Rajon Rondo agree to deal
Free agent guard Rajon Rondo has agreed to a one-year deal with the New Orleans Pelicans, according to The Vertical's Shams Charania.
Rondo also met with the Atlanta Hawks and Los Angeles Lakers before signing with the Pelicans. He projects as a backup to Jrue Holiday and will likely spend time at point guard as Holiday moves off the ball.
In 2016-17, Rondo averaged 7.8 points and 0.7 threes a game on a career-best 37.6% shooting from deep. He also managed an assist rate of 37% on just a 17.8% usage rate.
- Lou Williams drops 20 as Clippers cruise to victory over the Hawks November 23rd, 2017
- Grizzlies' Mario Chalmers struggles from the field, contributes in other areas in Wednesday's loss November 23rd, 2017
- Thon Maker scores season-high 16 points in start for Bucks November 23rd, 2017
- John Collins posts a double-double in first start for Hawks November 23rd, 2017
- Marc Gasol struggles from field again in Grizzlies' loss November 23rd, 2017
- Kristaps Porzingis posts a double-double in Knicks' win November 23rd, 2017
- Anthony Davis drops 29 points in Pelicans' win on Wednesday November 23rd, 2017
- DeMarcus Cousins double-doubles for Pelicans in win over Spurs November 23rd, 2017
- Pelicans' Tony Allen (knee) will play Wednesday against Spurs November 21st, 2017
- DeMarcus Cousins receives flagrant 2, ejected from Pelicans' win over Thunder November 21st, 2017
- Jrue Holiday goes for 18 points, 4 rebounds in Pelicans' win November 21st, 2017
- Rajon Rondo plays season-high 30 minutes on Monday night November 21st, 2017