Pelicans and Rajon Rondo agree to deal
Free agent guard Rajon Rondo has agreed to a one-year deal with the New Orleans Pelicans, according to The Vertical's Shams Charania.
Rondo also met with the Atlanta Hawks and Los Angeles Lakers before signing with the Pelicans. He projects as a backup to Jrue Holiday and will likely spend time at point guard as Holiday moves off the ball.
In 2016-17, Rondo averaged 7.8 points and 0.7 threes a game on a career-best 37.6% shooting from deep. He also managed an assist rate of 37% on just a 17.8% usage rate.
- Wesley Johnson starting for the Clippers on Friday February 23rd, 2018
- Aron Baynes (elbow) makes an early exit on Friday for Boston February 23rd, 2018
- Ricky Rubio (hip) is back in the Jazz's starting lineup on Friday February 23rd, 2018
- Warriors rule out Jordan Bell (ankle) for Saturday February 23rd, 2018
- Spurs' Danny Green (illness) not expected to play on Friday February 23rd, 2018
- Rockets rule out Eric Gordon (illness) for Friday night February 23rd, 2018
- Pelicans' Nikola Mirotic puts together full line off the bench on Wednesday February 15th, 2018
- Jrue Holiday scores 24 points with 11 assists, 4 steals in Pelicans' win February 15th, 2018
- Pelicans' Anthony Davis piles up 42 points and 15 rebounds on Wednesday February 15th, 2018
- Rajon Rondo ejected from Pelicans' game on Wednesday after two technicals February 14th, 2018
- Update: Emeka Okafor will remain in Pelicans' starting lineup on Wednesday February 14th, 2018
- Update: Nikola Mirotic coming off Pelicans' bench again on Wednesday February 14th, 2018