Jonathon Simmons signs with Magic for three years
Free agent small forward Jonathon Simmons, formerly of the San Antonio Spurs, has agreed to a three-year, $20 million deal with the Orlando Magic.
The Spurs are unable to match the deal after they renounced his rights on Thursday. With Terrence Ross and rookie Jonathan Issac already on the wing in Orlando, Simmons figures to see some time at shooting guard in addition to small forward. Mario Hezonja continues to look more and more like a bust.
Simmons averaged 6.2 points, 2.1 rebounds, and 1.6 assists in 17.8 minutes per game last season. His -1.9 nERD was good for only 365th in the NBA and was the worst mark among Spurs players.
- 76ers' Ben Simmons (foot) expected to be without restrictions in rookie season September 21st, 2017
- Wizards' Markieff Morris (sports hernia) to undergo surgery on Friday September 21st, 2017
- Andrew Bogut agrees to one-year deal with Lakers September 18th, 2017
- Brandon Rush signs deal with Bucks September 18th, 2017
- Mason Plumlee agrees to three-year deal with Nuggets September 18th, 2017
- Tony Allen signing a one-year deal with New Orleans September 11th, 2017
- Spurs' Tony Parker (quad) looking to return in four-to-five months August 10th, 2017
- Heat offer Goran Dragic, Justise Winslow to Cavaliers for Kyrie Irving July 28th, 2017
- Pau Gasol and Spurs agree to a three-year deal July 21st, 2017
- Manu Ginobili re-signing with Spurs for 16th NBA season July 18th, 2017
- Spurs' Rudy Gay (Achilles) says he's been fully cleared July 17th, 2017
- Jonathon Simmons signs with Magic for three years July 14th, 2017