Jonathon Simmons signs with Magic for three years
Free agent small forward Jonathon Simmons, formerly of the San Antonio Spurs, has agreed to a three-year, $20 million deal with the Orlando Magic.
The Spurs are unable to match the deal after they renounced his rights on Thursday. With Terrence Ross and rookie Jonathan Issac already on the wing in Orlando, Simmons figures to see some time at shooting guard in addition to small forward. Mario Hezonja continues to look more and more like a bust.
Simmons averaged 6.2 points, 2.1 rebounds, and 1.6 assists in 17.8 minutes per game last season. His -1.9 nERD was good for only 365th in the NBA and was the worst mark among Spurs players.
- Brandan Wright (groin) out again on Friday for Grizzlies November 24th, 2017
- DeAndre Jordan double-doubles in Clippers' win on Wednesday November 23rd, 2017
- Suns' T.J. Warren double-doubles with 20 points in loss to Bucks November 23rd, 2017
- Hornets' Nicholas Batum (elbow) travels to Cleveland, listed as questionable for Friday November 23rd, 2017
- Jeremy Lamb has a strong offensive showing in Hornets' win over Wizards November 23rd, 2017
- Will Barton's 20 points not enough as Nuggets get blown out by Houston November 23rd, 2017
- Elfrid Payton hands out season-high 13 assists on Wednesday for Magic November 23rd, 2017
- Orlando's Evan Fournier projected for his usual output on Wednesday against Minnesota November 22nd, 2017
- Orlando's Aaron Gordon projected for efficient scoring night on Wednesday November 22nd, 2017
- Orlando's Jonathan Isaac (ankle) still dealing with swelling November 21st, 2017
- Nikola Vucevic scores 25 points, pulls down 13 rebounds for Magic in loss November 21st, 2017
- Nikola Vucevic (knee soreness) will play Monday against Indiana November 20th, 2017