Philadelphia's Joel Embiid will not play with Team Africa
Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid is a member of Team World for the NBA's Africa Game, but he will not see the court on August 5.
Embiid is still rehabbing from his surgery to repair a slightly torn meniscus. While he has been with the team and reportedly dunking in practice, he isn't quite 100 percent ready to play in an exhibition game. He is still expected to be ready to the start of training camp, but it will be interesting to see how much the Sixers play him in the preseason.
Embiid finished his rookie season averaging 20.2 points, 7.8 rebounds, 2.1 assists, and 2.5 blocks over just 25.4 minutes per game. He posted a .508 effective field goal percentage and his nERD of 0.7 ranked 121st in the league.
- Wizards' Markieff Morris (sports hernia) to undergo surgery on Friday September 21st, 2017
- Andrew Bogut agrees to one-year deal with Lakers September 18th, 2017
- Brandon Rush signs deal with Bucks September 18th, 2017
- Mason Plumlee agrees to three-year deal with Nuggets September 18th, 2017
- Tony Allen signing a one-year deal with New Orleans September 11th, 2017
- Chicago Bulls finalizing deal for Quincy Pondexter August 31st, 2017
- 76ers' Ben Simmons (foot) expected to be without restrictions in rookie season September 21st, 2017
- Free agent Gerald Henderson (hip) could miss entire 2017-18 season August 3rd, 2017
- Philadelphia's Joel Embiid will not play with Team Africa July 14th, 2017
- Ben Simmons (right foot) playing 5-on-5 for 76ers July 10th, 2017
- Markelle Fultz (ankle) out at least one-to-two weeks July 9th, 2017
- J.J. Redick won't re-sign with Clippers June 28th, 2017