Philadelphia's Joel Embiid will not play with Team Africa
Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid is a member of Team World for the NBA's Africa Game, but he will not see the court on August 5.
Embiid is still rehabbing from his surgery to repair a slightly torn meniscus. While he has been with the team and reportedly dunking in practice, he isn't quite 100 percent ready to play in an exhibition game. He is still expected to be ready to the start of training camp, but it will be interesting to see how much the Sixers play him in the preseason.
Embiid finished his rookie season averaging 20.2 points, 7.8 rebounds, 2.1 assists, and 2.5 blocks over just 25.4 minutes per game. He posted a .508 effective field goal percentage and his nERD of 0.7 ranked 121st in the league.
- Clippers' DeAndre Jordan (ankle) out Saturday against Jazz January 19th, 2018
- Malcolm Brogdon (personal) listed as out for Bucks on Saturday January 19th, 2018
- Skal Labissiere (shoulder) listed as probable for Kings on Friday January 19th, 2018
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (knee) ruled out for Bucks on Saturday January 19th, 2018
- Warriors' Jordan Bell (ankle) will be re-evaluated in two weeks January 19th, 2018
- Portland's Shabazz Napier contributes across the board on Thursday January 19th, 2018
- Richaun Holmes (illness) set to return for 76ers on Saturday January 19th, 2018
- 76ers' T.J. McConnell scores 15 points in win over Celtics on Thursday January 19th, 2018
- 76ers' Robert Covington doesn't make the most of 40 minutes of playing time Thursday January 19th, 2018
- Dario Saric goes for 16 points, 6 rebounds in 76ers' victory January 19th, 2018
- Joel Embiid posts 26 points, 16 rebounds, 6 assists as 76ers beat Celtics January 19th, 2018
- Sixers' Joel Embiid voted in as a starter for 2018 NBA All-Star Game January 18th, 2018