Philadelphia's Joel Embiid will not play with Team Africa
Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid is a member of Team World for the NBA's Africa Game, but he will not see the court on August 5.
Embiid is still rehabbing from his surgery to repair a slightly torn meniscus. While he has been with the team and reportedly dunking in practice, he isn't quite 100 percent ready to play in an exhibition game. He is still expected to be ready to the start of training camp, but it will be interesting to see how much the Sixers play him in the preseason.
Embiid finished his rookie season averaging 20.2 points, 7.8 rebounds, 2.1 assists, and 2.5 blocks over just 25.4 minutes per game. He posted a .508 effective field goal percentage and his nERD of 0.7 ranked 121st in the league.
- Pau Gasol and Spurs agree to a three-year deal July 21st, 2017
- Celtics sign forward Guerschon Yabusele July 20th, 2017
- Udonis Haslem signs one-year deal to remain with Heat July 20th, 2017
- Derrick Rose meeting with the Lakers on Thursday July 20th, 2017
- Andrew Wiggins working on a five-year extension with Minnesota July 20th, 2017
- Derrick Rose and the Cavaliers having serious contract talks July 20th, 2017
- Philadelphia's Joel Embiid will not play with Team Africa July 14th, 2017
- Ben Simmons (right foot) playing 5-on-5 for 76ers July 10th, 2017
- Markelle Fultz (ankle) out at least one-to-two weeks July 9th, 2017
- J.J. Redick won't re-sign with Clippers June 28th, 2017
- 76ers expected to pursue J.J. Redick in free agency June 27th, 2017
- Philadelphia's Furkan Korkmaz likely to join team in 2017-18 June 23rd, 2017