Philadelphia's Joel Embiid will not play with Team Africa
Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid is a member of Team World for the NBA's Africa Game, but he will not see the court on August 5.
Embiid is still rehabbing from his surgery to repair a slightly torn meniscus. While he has been with the team and reportedly dunking in practice, he isn't quite 100 percent ready to play in an exhibition game. He is still expected to be ready to the start of training camp, but it will be interesting to see how much the Sixers play him in the preseason.
Embiid finished his rookie season averaging 20.2 points, 7.8 rebounds, 2.1 assists, and 2.5 blocks over just 25.4 minutes per game. He posted a .508 effective field goal percentage and his nERD of 0.7 ranked 121st in the league.
- Jared Dudley (knee) will not play on Sunday for Phoenix November 19th, 2017
- Tyson Chandler (illness) ruled out by Phoenix for Sunday November 19th, 2017
- Omri Casspi starting in place of Kevin Durant as Warriors play the Nets Sunday November 19th, 2017
- Tim Frazier starting in place of John Wall for Wizards on Sunday November 19th, 2017
- Serge Ibaka (knee) will play Sunday in Toronto November 19th, 2017
- Raptors' Norman Powell (hip) out again on Sunday November 19th, 2017
- Sixers' Jerryd Bayless (wrist) expected to play on Monday November 19th, 2017
- Markelle Fultz (shoulder) will miss at least two or three more weeks for 76ers November 19th, 2017
- Robert Covington drops 20 points Saturday in Sixers' loss to Warriors November 19th, 2017
- Dario Saric fills 76ers' stat sheet on Saturday November 19th, 2017
- 76ers' Jerryd Bayless (wrist) ruled out against Warriors November 18th, 2017
- Dario Saric struggles from the field as Philadelphia tops the Lakers November 16th, 2017