Philadelphia's Joel Embiid will not play with Team Africa
Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid is a member of Team World for the NBA's Africa Game, but he will not see the court on August 5.
Embiid is still rehabbing from his surgery to repair a slightly torn meniscus. While he has been with the team and reportedly dunking in practice, he isn't quite 100 percent ready to play in an exhibition game. He is still expected to be ready to the start of training camp, but it will be interesting to see how much the Sixers play him in the preseason.
Embiid finished his rookie season averaging 20.2 points, 7.8 rebounds, 2.1 assists, and 2.5 blocks over just 25.4 minutes per game. He posted a .508 effective field goal percentage and his nERD of 0.7 ranked 121st in the league.
- Kawhi Leonard reportedly requests to be traded from San Antonio June 15th, 2018
- Nuggets' Kenneth Faried could be heading to the Hawks June 14th, 2018
- Raptors not expected to trade Jonas Valanciunas June 14th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball says he's 100 percent healthy June 12th, 2018
- Wojnarowski: Raptors promoting assistant Nick Nurse as new head coach June 12th, 2018
- Dwane Casey reportedly named Pistons' next head coach June 11th, 2018
- Sixers' Robert Covington (finger) undergoes surgery, to be re-evaluated in 2-3 weeks May 17th, 2018
- Atlanta Hawks officially hire Lloyd Pierce as their next head coach May 11th, 2018
- J.J. Redick expresses interest in returning to Sixers May 10th, 2018
- T.J. McConnell starting again for 76ers in Game 5 May 9th, 2018
- Ben Simmons goes for 19 points, 13 boards in 76ers' Game 4 win May 8th, 2018
- Dario Saric comes to life for 76ers in Game 4 win over Celtics May 8th, 2018