Utah Jazz waive Boris Diaw on Thursday
The Utah Jazz have waived forward/center Boris Diaw on Thursday.
Diaw was scheduled to have part of his 2017-18 salary guaranteed if he was on the roster on Saturday. With the 35-year-old not in the Jazz' long-term plans, they decided to waive the veteran forward now to save some cash. Expect Diaw to land with a contender as bench fodder next season.
Diaw averaged just 4.6 points and 2.2 rebounds in 17.6 minutes per game for Utah in 2016-17. He posted a woeful 49.4 true shooting percentage and a -3.3 nERD rating, ranking whim 428th out of 486 NBA players last season.
- Brandan Wright (groin) out again on Friday for Grizzlies November 24th, 2017
- DeAndre Jordan double-doubles in Clippers' win on Wednesday November 23rd, 2017
- Suns' T.J. Warren double-doubles with 20 points in loss to Bucks November 23rd, 2017
- Hornets' Nicholas Batum (elbow) travels to Cleveland, listed as questionable for Friday November 23rd, 2017
- Jeremy Lamb has a strong offensive showing in Hornets' win over Wizards November 23rd, 2017
- Will Barton's 20 points not enough as Nuggets get blown out by Houston November 23rd, 2017
- Utah's Derrick Favors excelling in absence of Rudy Gobert (knee) November 22nd, 2017
- Rodney Hood projected to regress some Wednesday for Jazz November 22nd, 2017
- Utah's Ekpe Udoh fresh off most productive game of season November 22nd, 2017
- Utah's Donovan Mitchell projected for a weak fantasy game against Chicago November 22nd, 2017
- Utah's Thabo Sefolosha (knee) will play against Philadelphia Monday November 20th, 2017
- Rodney Hood scores 31 points in 26 minutes Saturday for Jazz November 19th, 2017