Utah Jazz waive Boris Diaw on Thursday
The Utah Jazz have waived forward/center Boris Diaw on Thursday.
Diaw was scheduled to have part of his 2017-18 salary guaranteed if he was on the roster on Saturday. With the 35-year-old not in the Jazz' long-term plans, they decided to waive the veteran forward now to save some cash. Expect Diaw to land with a contender as bench fodder next season.
Diaw averaged just 4.6 points and 2.2 rebounds in 17.6 minutes per game for Utah in 2016-17. He posted a woeful 49.4 true shooting percentage and a -3.3 nERD rating, ranking whim 428th out of 486 NBA players last season.
- 76ers' Ben Simmons (foot) expected to be without restrictions in rookie season September 21st, 2017
- Wizards' Markieff Morris (sports hernia) to undergo surgery on Friday September 21st, 2017
- Andrew Bogut agrees to one-year deal with Lakers September 18th, 2017
- Brandon Rush signs deal with Bucks September 18th, 2017
- Mason Plumlee agrees to three-year deal with Nuggets September 18th, 2017
- Tony Allen signing a one-year deal with New Orleans September 11th, 2017
- Utah's Rudy Gobert focused on offensive improvement this offseason August 17th, 2017
- Utah Jazz waive Boris Diaw on Thursday July 13th, 2017
- Ekpe Udoh signs with Utah July 13th, 2017
- Jazz sign Jonas Jerebko to two-year deal July 13th, 2017
- Jazz sign Thabo Sefolosha to two-year contract July 12th, 2017
- Utah's Rodney Hood could be team's go-to scorer in 2017-18 July 6th, 2017