Utah Jazz waive Boris Diaw on Thursday
The Utah Jazz have waived forward/center Boris Diaw on Thursday.
Diaw was scheduled to have part of his 2017-18 salary guaranteed if he was on the roster on Saturday. With the 35-year-old not in the Jazz' long-term plans, they decided to waive the veteran forward now to save some cash. Expect Diaw to land with a contender as bench fodder next season.
Diaw averaged just 4.6 points and 2.2 rebounds in 17.6 minutes per game for Utah in 2016-17. He posted a woeful 49.4 true shooting percentage and a -3.3 nERD rating, ranking whim 428th out of 486 NBA players last season.
- Patty Mills starting for the Spurs on Friday night February 23rd, 2018
- Wesley Johnson starting for the Clippers on Friday February 23rd, 2018
- Aron Baynes (elbow) makes an early exit on Friday for Boston February 23rd, 2018
- Warriors rule out Jordan Bell (ankle) for Saturday February 23rd, 2018
- Spurs' Danny Green (illness) not expected to play on Friday February 23rd, 2018
- Rockets rule out Eric Gordon (illness) for Friday night February 23rd, 2018
- Ricky Rubio (hip) is back in the Jazz's starting lineup on Friday February 23rd, 2018
- Ricky Rubio (hip) gets green light for Jazz on Friday night February 23rd, 2018
- Ricky Rubio (hip) returns to practice, questionable for Jazz on Friday February 22nd, 2018
- Timberwolves don't plan to sign Derrick Rose February 16th, 2018
- Utah's Rudy Gobert grabs 17 rebounds in win over Phoenix on Wednesday February 15th, 2018
- Derrick Favors tallies 18 points and 12 boards in Utah's win over Phoenix on Wednesday February 15th, 2018