Utah Jazz waive Boris Diaw on Thursday
The Utah Jazz have waived forward/center Boris Diaw on Thursday.
Diaw was scheduled to have part of his 2017-18 salary guaranteed if he was on the roster on Saturday. With the 35-year-old not in the Jazz' long-term plans, they decided to waive the veteran forward now to save some cash. Expect Diaw to land with a contender as bench fodder next season.
Diaw averaged just 4.6 points and 2.2 rebounds in 17.6 minutes per game for Utah in 2016-17. He posted a woeful 49.4 true shooting percentage and a -3.3 nERD rating, ranking whim 428th out of 486 NBA players last season.
- Pau Gasol and Spurs agree to a three-year deal July 21st, 2017
- Celtics sign forward Guerschon Yabusele July 20th, 2017
- Udonis Haslem signs one-year deal to remain with Heat July 20th, 2017
- Derrick Rose meeting with the Lakers on Thursday July 20th, 2017
- Andrew Wiggins working on a five-year extension with Minnesota July 20th, 2017
- Derrick Rose and the Cavaliers having serious contract talks July 20th, 2017
- Utah Jazz waive Boris Diaw on Thursday July 13th, 2017
- Ekpe Udoh signs with Utah July 13th, 2017
- Jazz sign Jonas Jerebko to two-year deal July 13th, 2017
- Jazz sign Thabo Sefolosha to two-year contract July 12th, 2017
- Utah's Rodney Hood could be team's go-to scorer in 2017-18 July 6th, 2017
- James Johnson, Heat working on deal July 5th, 2017