Utah Jazz waive Boris Diaw on Thursday
The Utah Jazz have waived forward/center Boris Diaw on Thursday.
Diaw was scheduled to have part of his 2017-18 salary guaranteed if he was on the roster on Saturday. With the 35-year-old not in the Jazz' long-term plans, they decided to waive the veteran forward now to save some cash. Expect Diaw to land with a contender as bench fodder next season.
Diaw averaged just 4.6 points and 2.2 rebounds in 17.6 minutes per game for Utah in 2016-17. He posted a woeful 49.4 true shooting percentage and a -3.3 nERD rating, ranking whim 428th out of 486 NBA players last season.
- Tyus Jones (knee) heading towards game-time decision for Timberwolves in Game 5 April 25th, 2018
- Manu Ginobili scores 10 points with 5 rebounds, 7 assists as Spurs are eliminated April 25th, 2018
- Kelly Olynyk fills up the stat sheet as Heat are eliminated April 25th, 2018
- Al Horford posts 22 points, 14 boards as Celtics take 3-2 lead over Bucks April 25th, 2018
- Timberwolves' Tyus Jones (knee) questionable for Game 5 on Wednesday April 25th, 2018
- Giannis Antetokounmpo finishes assist shy of triple-double in Bucks' loss April 25th, 2018
- Royce O'Neale scores 10 points, adds 9 boards for Jazz in easy win April 24th, 2018
- Jae Crowder records 3 steals, gets ejected in Jazz victory April 24th, 2018
- Donovan Mitchell scores 33 points with 7 rebounds as Jazz beat Thunder in Game 4 April 24th, 2018
- Jazz lean on Rudy Gobert for defense, double-double in Game 3 win April 22nd, 2018
- Joe Ingles nails 21 points for Utah in Game 3 triumph April 22nd, 2018
- Ricky Rubio posts triple-double for Jazz in win April 22nd, 2018