Bulls' Zach LaVine (knee) ahead of schedule, could be ready for training camp
Chicago Bulls guard Zach LaVine (knee) say's he is ahead of schedule in recovery from knee surgery and could be ready for training camp, per Marc J. Spears of ESPN.
LaVine tore his ACL in early February, leaving him with an 8-to-12 month recovery timetable. While he may feel ready to participate in training camp come September, that would be only seven months after the injury. The Bulls are likely to take it slow with LaVine's return to the court but are glad to hear their potential franchise star is feeling good without any setbacks.
Before his injury, LaVine was averaging 18.9 points, 3.4 rebounds, 3.0 assists, and 2.6 three-pointers in 37.2 minutes per game. Despite the excellent counting stats, the third-year guard posted a -1.0 nERD rating, ranking him 300th among the 486 NBA players.
- 76ers' Ben Simmons (foot) expected to be without restrictions in rookie season September 21st, 2017
- Wizards' Markieff Morris (sports hernia) to undergo surgery on Friday September 21st, 2017
- Andrew Bogut agrees to one-year deal with Lakers September 18th, 2017
- Brandon Rush signs deal with Bucks September 18th, 2017
- Mason Plumlee agrees to three-year deal with Nuggets September 18th, 2017
- Tony Allen signing a one-year deal with New Orleans September 11th, 2017
- Heat offer Goran Dragic, Justise Winslow to Cavaliers for Kyrie Irving July 28th, 2017
- Andrew Wiggins working on a five-year extension with Minnesota July 20th, 2017
- Clippers, Timberwolves showing interest in Tony Allen July 13th, 2017
- Jamal Crawford clears waivers, to sign with Timberwolves July 11th, 2017
- Nick Young has received a contract offer from Minnesota July 5th, 2017
- Rudy Gay would like to join Thunder July 5th, 2017