Bulls' Zach LaVine (knee) ahead of schedule, could be ready for training camp
Chicago Bulls guard Zach LaVine (knee) say's he is ahead of schedule in recovery from knee surgery and could be ready for training camp, per Marc J. Spears of ESPN.
LaVine tore his ACL in early February, leaving him with an 8-to-12 month recovery timetable. While he may feel ready to participate in training camp come September, that would be only seven months after the injury. The Bulls are likely to take it slow with LaVine's return to the court but are glad to hear their potential franchise star is feeling good without any setbacks.
Before his injury, LaVine was averaging 18.9 points, 3.4 rebounds, 3.0 assists, and 2.6 three-pointers in 37.2 minutes per game. Despite the excellent counting stats, the third-year guard posted a -1.0 nERD rating, ranking him 300th among the 486 NBA players.
- Blazers' Jusuf Nurkic will start on Thursday night April 19th, 2018
- Moe Harkless will start for the Trail Blazers on Thursday April 19th, 2018
- JaVale McGee will play on Thursday night April 19th, 2018
- Blazers' Moe Harkless will not have his minutes restricted in Game 3 April 19th, 2018
- Evan Turner (toe) ruled out for Trail Blazers in Game 3 April 19th, 2018
- Joel Embiid (face) starting for 76ers in Game 3 on Thursday night April 19th, 2018
- Paxson: Kris Dunn will return as Bulls' starting point guard April 12th, 2018
- Sean Kilpatrick moves into Bulls' starting lineup Wednesday with Justin Holiday sitting out April 11th, 2018
- Lauri Markkanen may see even fewer minutes for Bulls in Wednesday's finale April 10th, 2018
- Bulls' Bobby Portis scores 18 with 8 rebounds as tank continues April 8th, 2018
- Robin Lopez resting for Bulls on Saturday April 7th, 2018
- Bobby Portis replaces Lauri Markkanen (rest) in Bulls' first unit on Saturday April 7th, 2018