Spurs renounce rights to Jonathon Simmons
The San Antonio Spurs have renounced guard/forward Jonathon Simmons.
Simmons is now an unrestricted free agent, meaning the Spurs no longer have the rights to match any contract offer he receives. So far this offseason the 27-year-old Simmons has been connected to the Sacramento Kings, Los Angeles Clippers, Minnesota Timberwolves and New York Knicks.
Simmons averaged 6.2 points, 2.1 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 17.8 minutes per game last season. His -1.9 nERD was good for only 365th in the NBA and was the worst mark among Spurs players.
- Celtics sign forward Guerschon Yabusele July 20th, 2017
- Udonis Haslem signs one-year deal to remain with Heat July 20th, 2017
- Derrick Rose meeting with the Lakers on Thursday July 20th, 2017
- Andrew Wiggins working on a five-year extension with Minnesota July 20th, 2017
- Derrick Rose and the Cavaliers having serious contract talks July 20th, 2017
- Celtics could make run at Pelicans' Anthony Davis July 18th, 2017
- Pau Gasol and Spurs agree to a three-year deal July 21st, 2017
- Manu Ginobili re-signing with Spurs for 16th NBA season July 18th, 2017
- Spurs' Rudy Gay (Achilles) says he's been fully cleared July 17th, 2017
- Jonathon Simmons signs with Magic for three years July 14th, 2017
- Spurs renounce rights to Jonathon Simmons July 13th, 2017
- Dewayne Dedmon agrees to two-year deal with Hawks July 12th, 2017