Lakers still hope to sign free agent Rajon Rondo
The Los Angeles Lakers are still hopeful that they can sign guard Rajon Rondo in free agency, per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
Although the Lakers dished out $18 million to Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Woj reports that the front office is still looking to add Rondo as a mentor for rookie Lonzo Ball. They could only offer him a $4.3 million mid-level exception, so it really comes down to whether or not Rondo is willing to sign for that amount.
In his time with the Chicago Bulls this past season, the 11-year veteran averaged 7.8 points, 6.7 assists and 5.1 rebounds in 26.7 minutes a game. But his -3.2 nERD was next-to-last on the team and placed him in a tie for 425th of 486 players in our database.
- Pau Gasol and Spurs agree to a three-year deal July 21st, 2017
- Celtics sign forward Guerschon Yabusele July 20th, 2017
- Udonis Haslem signs one-year deal to remain with Heat July 20th, 2017
- Derrick Rose meeting with the Lakers on Thursday July 20th, 2017
- Andrew Wiggins working on a five-year extension with Minnesota July 20th, 2017
- Derrick Rose and the Cavaliers having serious contract talks July 20th, 2017
- Bulls' Zach LaVine (knee) ahead of schedule, could be ready for training camp July 13th, 2017
- Rajon Rondo meeting with Pelicans July 13th, 2017
- Lakers still hope to sign free agent Rajon Rondo July 12th, 2017
- Bulls' Kris Dunn (personal) out for the remainder of Summer League July 10th, 2017
- Clippers, Milos Teodosic negotiating deal July 5th, 2017
- The Bulls waive Rajon Rondo on Friday June 30th, 2017