Lakers still hope to sign free agent Rajon Rondo
The Los Angeles Lakers are still hopeful that they can sign guard Rajon Rondo in free agency, per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
Although the Lakers dished out $18 million to Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Woj reports that the front office is still looking to add Rondo as a mentor for rookie Lonzo Ball. They could only offer him a $4.3 million mid-level exception, so it really comes down to whether or not Rondo is willing to sign for that amount.
In his time with the Chicago Bulls this past season, the 11-year veteran averaged 7.8 points, 6.7 assists and 5.1 rebounds in 26.7 minutes a game. But his -3.2 nERD was next-to-last on the team and placed him in a tie for 425th of 486 players in our database.
- 76ers' Ben Simmons (foot) expected to be without restrictions in rookie season September 21st, 2017
- Wizards' Markieff Morris (sports hernia) to undergo surgery on Friday September 21st, 2017
- Andrew Bogut agrees to one-year deal with Lakers September 18th, 2017
- Brandon Rush signs deal with Bucks September 18th, 2017
- Mason Plumlee agrees to three-year deal with Nuggets September 18th, 2017
- Tony Allen signing a one-year deal with New Orleans September 11th, 2017
- Chicago Bulls finalizing deal for Quincy Pondexter August 31st, 2017
- Bulls' Cameron Payne (foot) to undergo surgery next week August 31st, 2017
- Bulls, Dwyane Wade expected to reach buyout August 17th, 2017
- Bulls' Zach LaVine (knee) ahead of schedule, could be ready for training camp July 13th, 2017
- Rajon Rondo meeting with Pelicans July 13th, 2017
- Lakers still hope to sign free agent Rajon Rondo July 12th, 2017