Aron Baynes signs one-year contract with Pistons
Free agent center Aron Baynes, formerly of the Detroit Pistons, has reportedly agreed to a one-year, $4.3 million deal with the Boston Celtics.
Depending on where head coach Brad Stevens decides to use Al Horford in the frontcourt, Baynes has a chance to open the year as the Celtics' starting center following the departures of Amir Johnson and Kelly Olynyk this summer. Either way, the 30-year-old big man should see enough playing time next season to at least be on the radar in deeper leagues.
Baynes averaged 4.9 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 0.5 blocks in 15.5 minutes this past season. He posted a .570 true shooting percentage while ranking just outside of the NBA's top-100 with a 1.1 nERD.
- Blazers' Jusuf Nurkic will start on Thursday night April 19th, 2018
- Moe Harkless will start for the Trail Blazers on Thursday April 19th, 2018
- JaVale McGee will play on Thursday night April 19th, 2018
- Blazers' Moe Harkless will not have his minutes restricted in Game 3 April 19th, 2018
- Evan Turner (toe) ruled out for Trail Blazers in Game 3 April 19th, 2018
- Joel Embiid (face) starting for 76ers in Game 3 on Thursday night April 19th, 2018
- Terry Rozier scores 23 to help Celtics take a 2-0 series lead April 18th, 2018
- Al Horford stuffs statsheet as Celtics win Game 1 in OT April 15th, 2018
- Celtics' Marcus Smart (thumb) could reportedly return for Game 7 April 15th, 2018
- Marcus Morris unlikely to play for Celtics on Wednesday night April 11th, 2018
- Jaylen Brown (rest) not expected to play in Celtics' season finale April 11th, 2018
- Celtics' Jayson Tatum (rest) will dress, unlikely to play on Wednesday April 11th, 2018