Aron Baynes signs one-year contract with Pistons
Free agent center Aron Baynes, formerly of the Detroit Pistons, has reportedly agreed to a one-year, $4.3 million deal with the Boston Celtics.
Depending on where head coach Brad Stevens decides to use Al Horford in the frontcourt, Baynes has a chance to open the year as the Celtics' starting center following the departures of Amir Johnson and Kelly Olynyk this summer. Either way, the 30-year-old big man should see enough playing time next season to at least be on the radar in deeper leagues.
Baynes averaged 4.9 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 0.5 blocks in 15.5 minutes this past season. He posted a .570 true shooting percentage while ranking just outside of the NBA's top-100 with a 1.1 nERD.
- Kawhi Leonard reportedly requests to be traded from San Antonio June 15th, 2018
- Nuggets' Kenneth Faried could be heading to the Hawks June 14th, 2018
- Raptors not expected to trade Jonas Valanciunas June 14th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball says he's 100 percent healthy June 12th, 2018
- Wojnarowski: Raptors promoting assistant Nick Nurse as new head coach June 12th, 2018
- Dwane Casey reportedly named Pistons' next head coach June 11th, 2018
- Celtics' Gordon Hayward (leg) undergoes surgery to remove plate, screws May 31st, 2018
- Celtics' Jayson Tatum given green light after concussion evaluation May 26th, 2018
- Jayson Tatum scores 24, leads Celtics to 3-2 series advantage May 24th, 2018
- Aron Baynes starting for Celtics, Marcus Morris to bench in Game 5 May 23rd, 2018
- Jaylen Brown scores 25 as Celtics fall to Cavaliers in Game 4 May 22nd, 2018
- Jaylen Brown leads Celtics to Game 2 win with 23 points May 16th, 2018