Aron Baynes signs one-year contract with Pistons
Free agent center Aron Baynes, formerly of the Detroit Pistons, has reportedly agreed to a one-year, $4.3 million deal with the Boston Celtics.
Depending on where head coach Brad Stevens decides to use Al Horford in the frontcourt, Baynes has a chance to open the year as the Celtics' starting center following the departures of Amir Johnson and Kelly Olynyk this summer. Either way, the 30-year-old big man should see enough playing time next season to at least be on the radar in deeper leagues.
Baynes averaged 4.9 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 0.5 blocks in 15.5 minutes this past season. He posted a .570 true shooting percentage while ranking just outside of the NBA's top-100 with a 1.1 nERD.
- Jared Dudley (knee) will not play on Sunday for Phoenix November 19th, 2017
- Tyson Chandler (illness) ruled out by Phoenix for Sunday November 19th, 2017
- Omri Casspi starting in place of Kevin Durant as Warriors play the Nets Sunday November 19th, 2017
- Tim Frazier starting in place of John Wall for Wizards on Sunday November 19th, 2017
- Sixers' Jerryd Bayless (wrist) expected to play on Monday November 19th, 2017
- Serge Ibaka (knee) will play Sunday in Toronto November 19th, 2017
- Kyrie Irving leads Boston to 15th straight win Saturday November 19th, 2017
- Celtics' Marcus Morris drops 12 points as a starter on Thursday night November 17th, 2017
- Celtics' Jayson Tatum does damage from the stripe on Thursday night November 17th, 2017
- Celtics' Al Horford posts a double-double in win over Dubs November 17th, 2017
- Kyrie Irving goes 4-of-16 for 16 points in Celtics' win over Warriors November 17th, 2017
- Jaylen Brown drops 22 points in Celtics' comeback win November 16th, 2017