Aron Baynes signs one-year contract with Pistons
Free agent center Aron Baynes, formerly of the Detroit Pistons, has reportedly agreed to a one-year, $4.3 million deal with the Boston Celtics.
Depending on where head coach Brad Stevens decides to use Al Horford in the frontcourt, Baynes has a chance to open the year as the Celtics' starting center following the departures of Amir Johnson and Kelly Olynyk this summer. Either way, the 30-year-old big man should see enough playing time next season to at least be on the radar in deeper leagues.
Baynes averaged 4.9 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 0.5 blocks in 15.5 minutes this past season. He posted a .570 true shooting percentage while ranking just outside of the NBA's top-100 with a 1.1 nERD.
- Pau Gasol and Spurs agree to a three-year deal July 21st, 2017
- Celtics sign forward Guerschon Yabusele July 20th, 2017
- Udonis Haslem signs one-year deal to remain with Heat July 20th, 2017
- Derrick Rose meeting with the Lakers on Thursday July 20th, 2017
- Andrew Wiggins working on a five-year extension with Minnesota July 20th, 2017
- Derrick Rose and the Cavaliers having serious contract talks July 20th, 2017
- Lakers, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope agree to one-year deal July 12th, 2017
- Anthony Tolliver to sign with the Pistons July 11th, 2017
- Aron Baynes signs one-year contract with Pistons July 10th, 2017
- Lakers showing interest in Kentavious Caldwell-Pope July 7th, 2017
- Pistons renouncing Kentavious Caldwell-Pope July 7th, 2017
- Marcus Morris headed to Celtics in two-player exchange July 7th, 2017