Aron Baynes signs one-year contract with Pistons
Free agent center Aron Baynes, formerly of the Detroit Pistons, has reportedly agreed to a one-year, $4.3 million deal with the Boston Celtics.
Depending on where head coach Brad Stevens decides to use Al Horford in the frontcourt, Baynes has a chance to open the year as the Celtics' starting center following the departures of Amir Johnson and Kelly Olynyk this summer. Either way, the 30-year-old big man should see enough playing time next season to at least be on the radar in deeper leagues.
Baynes averaged 4.9 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 0.5 blocks in 15.5 minutes this past season. He posted a .570 true shooting percentage while ranking just outside of the NBA's top-100 with a 1.1 nERD.
- 76ers' Ben Simmons (foot) expected to be without restrictions in rookie season September 21st, 2017
- Wizards' Markieff Morris (sports hernia) to undergo surgery on Friday September 21st, 2017
- Andrew Bogut agrees to one-year deal with Lakers September 18th, 2017
- Brandon Rush signs deal with Bucks September 18th, 2017
- Mason Plumlee agrees to three-year deal with Nuggets September 18th, 2017
- Tony Allen signing a one-year deal with New Orleans September 11th, 2017
- Pistons willing to go into tax for Avery Bradley August 14th, 2017
- Pistons' Andre Drummond has lost 20 pounds this offseason August 11th, 2017
- Pistons' Boban Marjanovic to see more run in 2017-18 August 11th, 2017
- Lakers, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope agree to one-year deal July 12th, 2017
- Anthony Tolliver to sign with the Pistons July 11th, 2017
- Aron Baynes signs one-year contract with Pistons July 10th, 2017