Aron Baynes signs one-year contract with Pistons
Free agent center Aron Baynes, formerly of the Detroit Pistons, has reportedly agreed to a one-year, $4.3 million deal with the Boston Celtics.
Depending on where head coach Brad Stevens decides to use Al Horford in the frontcourt, Baynes has a chance to open the year as the Celtics' starting center following the departures of Amir Johnson and Kelly Olynyk this summer. Either way, the 30-year-old big man should see enough playing time next season to at least be on the radar in deeper leagues.
Baynes averaged 4.9 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 0.5 blocks in 15.5 minutes this past season. He posted a .570 true shooting percentage while ranking just outside of the NBA's top-100 with a 1.1 nERD.
- Clippers' DeAndre Jordan (ankle) out Saturday against Jazz January 19th, 2018
- Malcolm Brogdon (personal) listed as out for Bucks on Saturday January 19th, 2018
- Skal Labissiere (shoulder) listed as probable for Kings on Friday January 19th, 2018
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (knee) ruled out for Bucks on Saturday January 19th, 2018
- Warriors' Jordan Bell (ankle) will be re-evaluated in two weeks January 19th, 2018
- Portland's Shabazz Napier contributes across the board on Thursday January 19th, 2018
- Celtics' Jaylen Brown can't get going against 76ers Thursday January 19th, 2018
- Jayson Tatum scores 11, steals 2, blocks 2 in loss for Celtics January 19th, 2018
- Celtics' Terry Rozier has quiet night in loss to 76ers January 19th, 2018
- Al Horford scores 14 points in full line, Celtics fall to 76ers January 19th, 2018
- Kyrie Irving named an All-Star Game starter in his first season with Boston January 18th, 2018
- Celtics' Marcus Smart (illness) will play and start in place of Kyrie Irving (shoulder) on Thursday January 18th, 2018