James Johnson, Heat working on deal
The Miami Heat and unrestricted free agent James Johnson are "working on something", according to Johnson's agent, Mark Bartelstein.
With Gordon Hayward off the market and the Utah Jazz pursuing Johnson, the Heat are ramping up their efforts to re-sign the 30-year-old forward. And, with Chris Bosh's contract off the books (for now), the Heat have the cap space to weigh their options at the forward spots.
This past season, Johnson averaged 12.8 points per game on 47.9% shooting from the floor. He had a real breakout season and, with a 1.6 nERD, rated out as the Heat's fifth-best player.
- Carmelo Anthony verbally agrees to sign with Houston August 7th, 2018
- 76ers' first round pick Zhaire Smith suffers foot fracture August 7th, 2018
- Greg Monroe signs one-year deal with Toronto August 6th, 2018
- Carmelo Anthony finalizes buyout with Hawks July 30th, 2018
- Clint Capela re-signs with Houston for five-years, $90M July 27th, 2018
- Kevin Love reportedly signs 4-year, $120 million extension with Cavaliers July 24th, 2018
- Wayne Ellington reportedly re-signs with Heat July 13th, 2018
- Thunder's Carmelo Anthony has met with Houston and Miami July 10th, 2018
- Heat will not pick up Jordan Mickey's team option for 2018 May 10th, 2018
- Kelly Olynyk fills up the stat sheet as Heat are eliminated April 25th, 2018
- Josh Richardson (shoulder) will start in Game 5 for Miami April 24th, 2018
- Miami's Josh Richardson (shoulder) believes he has '60 percent' to play on Tuesday April 24th, 2018