James Johnson, Heat working on deal
The Miami Heat and unrestricted free agent James Johnson are "working on something", according to Johnson's agent, Mark Bartelstein.
With Gordon Hayward off the market and the Utah Jazz pursuing Johnson, the Heat are ramping up their efforts to re-sign the 30-year-old forward. And, with Chris Bosh's contract off the books (for now), the Heat have the cap space to weigh their options at the forward spots.
This past season, Johnson averaged 12.8 points per game on 47.9% shooting from the floor. He had a real breakout season and, with a 1.6 nERD, rated out as the Heat's fifth-best player.
- Pelicans reportedly name Danny Ferry as interim general manager on Friday February 15th, 2019
- Boston's Kyrie Irving (knee) 'very, very close' to returning February 15th, 2019
- Kent Bazemore scores 16 in 27 minutes, Hawks lose to Knicks February 15th, 2019
- Luke Kornet goes 3-of-16, adds 4 steals in rare Knicks' victory February 15th, 2019
- Pelicans' Kenrich Williams bounces back with 9 points, 12 boards February 15th, 2019
- Nerlens Noel scores season-high 22, grabs 13 boards in Thunder loss February 15th, 2019
- Miami's Goran Dragic (knee surgery) 'making a lot of progress' February 14th, 2019
- Dwyane Wade says he will play through illness for Heat Wednesday February 13th, 2019
- Dwyane Wade (illness) questionable Wednesday for Miami February 13th, 2019
- James Johnson fills out stat sheet, Heat crushed in Denver February 12th, 2019
- Miami's Dion Waiters scores 24 points in loss on Sunday February 11th, 2019
- Bam Adebayo grabs 11 rebounds Sunday in a Miami loss February 11th, 2019