Celtics worked out Jayson Tatum on Monday
Former Duke forward and NBA draft prospect Jayson Tatum worked out for the Boston Celtics on Monday.
The Celtics were impressed with Tatum's shot-making and footwork, according to ESPN's Dave McMenamin. Having moved down to pick number three, the Celtics are all but assured to take either Tatum or fellow forward Josh Jackson with their first pick in Thursday's draft.
In one year at Duke, the 6'8" Tatum pulled down 7.3 rebounds per game, including 19.7% of available boards on the defensive end of the floor. He would fill a need for Boston, a team that finished this season ranked 27th in both rebounds per game and defensive rebounding percentage.
- Lakers' DeMarcus Cousins believed to be dealing with torn ACL August 15th, 2019
- Mike Yastrzemski sitting on Friday for Giants August 9th, 2019
- Golden State's Draymond Green reportedly signs a four-year extension on Saturday August 3rd, 2019
- Wizards' John Wall (Achilles) expected to miss the entire 2019-20 season July 22nd, 2019
- Bucks sign Kyle Korver to a one-year contract on Saturday July 20th, 2019
- Justin Holiday reportedly signs a one-year deal with the Pacers July 19th, 2019
- Enes Kanter, Celtics come to terms for 2 years, $10 million July 1st, 2019
- Al Horford reportedly signing with 76ers July 1st, 2019
- Celtics reportedly sign Kemba Walker to a four-year contract June 30th, 2019
- Report: Celtics' Kyrie Irving declines player option June 12th, 2019
- Kyrie Irving, Celtics go down without a fight May 9th, 2019
- Marcus Morris playing with Boston's second unit on Wednesday May 8th, 2019