Bulls starting Jerian Grant in Game 3
Chicago Bulls point guard Jerian Grant will start in place of the injured Rajon Rondo (thumb) as the Bulls host the Boston Celtics for Game 3 on Friday night.
Rondo is out indefinitely with a broken thumb, so Grant will likely hold down the starting point guard job for the rest of this series, and possibly for as long as the Bulls last in the playoffs. Chicago currently has a 2-0 series lead over the Celtics.
In the 13 games he played without Rondo in the regular season, Grant averaged 9.9 points, 3.6 assists, 3.0 rebounds and 1.5 steals in 24.8 minutes per game.
- Clippers' Blake Griffin opts out to become free agent June 25th, 2017
- Chris Paul declines his player option with the Clippers June 25th, 2017
- Mavs and Dirk Nowitzki considering a two-year deal June 25th, 2017
- Philadelphia's Furkan Korkmaz likely to join team in 2017-18 June 23rd, 2017
- Timberwolves to keep Ricky Rubio June 23rd, 2017
- Mavericks yet to decide on Dirk Nowitzki's team option June 23rd, 2017
- Chicago selects Lauri Markkanen with the seventh pick in the draft June 22nd, 2017
- Bulls trade Jimmy Butler to Minnesota June 22nd, 2017
- Bulls undecided on Rajon Rondo's team option for 2017-18 June 21st, 2017
- Bulls' Dwyane Wade to pick up $24 million player option June 20th, 2017
- Jimmy Butler at center of trade talks once again June 19th, 2017
- Bulls' Denzel Valentine (ankle) undergoes arthroscopic surgery May 17th, 2017