Bulls starting Jerian Grant in Game 3
Chicago Bulls point guard Jerian Grant will start in place of the injured Rajon Rondo (thumb) as the Bulls host the Boston Celtics for Game 3 on Friday night.
Rondo is out indefinitely with a broken thumb, so Grant will likely hold down the starting point guard job for the rest of this series, and possibly for as long as the Bulls last in the playoffs. Chicago currently has a 2-0 series lead over the Celtics.
In the 13 games he played without Rondo in the regular season, Grant averaged 9.9 points, 3.6 assists, 3.0 rebounds and 1.5 steals in 24.8 minutes per game.
- Cavaliers targeting Knicks' Kristaps Porzingis August 15th, 2017
- Pistons willing to go into tax for Avery Bradley August 14th, 2017
- Pistons' Andre Drummond has lost 20 pounds this offseason August 11th, 2017
- Pistons' Boban Marjanovic to see more run in 2017-18 August 11th, 2017
- Knicks pick up Kristaps Porzingis' 2018-19 team option August 11th, 2017
- Knicks ask Carmelo Anthony to expand "wish list" August 10th, 2017
- Bulls' Zach LaVine (knee) ahead of schedule, could be ready for training camp July 13th, 2017
- Rajon Rondo meeting with Pelicans July 13th, 2017
- Lakers still hope to sign free agent Rajon Rondo July 12th, 2017
- Bulls' Kris Dunn (personal) out for the remainder of Summer League July 10th, 2017
- Clippers, Milos Teodosic negotiating deal July 5th, 2017
- The Bulls waive Rajon Rondo on Friday June 30th, 2017