Bulls starting Jerian Grant in Game 3
Chicago Bulls point guard Jerian Grant will start in place of the injured Rajon Rondo (thumb) as the Bulls host the Boston Celtics for Game 3 on Friday night.
Rondo is out indefinitely with a broken thumb, so Grant will likely hold down the starting point guard job for the rest of this series, and possibly for as long as the Bulls last in the playoffs. Chicago currently has a 2-0 series lead over the Celtics.
In the 13 games he played without Rondo in the regular season, Grant averaged 9.9 points, 3.6 assists, 3.0 rebounds and 1.5 steals in 24.8 minutes per game.
- Chris Paul helps Clippers force a Game 7 on Sunday April 29th, 2017
- Clippers' Austin Rivers comes up big in Game 6 start April 29th, 2017
- Avery Bradley lights up Bulls in Boston's Game 6 win April 29th, 2017
- Jimmy Butler's strong game not enough as Celtics beat Bulls April 29th, 2017
- John Wall drops 42 points in Wizards' series-clinching win in Atlanta April 29th, 2017
- Hawks lose Game 6 despite 31 points from Paul Millsap April 29th, 2017
- Jimmy Butler playing through knee injury for Bulls April 27th, 2017
- Dwyane Wade felt better playing point for Bulls on Wednesday April 27th, 2017
- Rajon Rondo (thumb) doubtful to play in Game 6 for Chicago April 27th, 2017
- Bulls drop Game 5 even as Dwyane Wade flirts with a triple-double April 27th, 2017
- Bulls start Isaiah Canaan, Cameron Payne inactive April 26th, 2017
- Bulls rule out Rajon Rondo (thumb) on Wednesday April 26th, 2017