Bulls starting Jerian Grant in Game 3
Chicago Bulls point guard Jerian Grant will start in place of the injured Rajon Rondo (thumb) as the Bulls host the Boston Celtics for Game 3 on Friday night.
Rondo is out indefinitely with a broken thumb, so Grant will likely hold down the starting point guard job for the rest of this series, and possibly for as long as the Bulls last in the playoffs. Chicago currently has a 2-0 series lead over the Celtics.
In the 13 games he played without Rondo in the regular season, Grant averaged 9.9 points, 3.6 assists, 3.0 rebounds and 1.5 steals in 24.8 minutes per game.
- Aaron Gordon (concussion) targeting Wednesday return for Magic December 11th, 2017
- Jameer Nelson (left ankle) ruled out again for Pelicans on Monday December 11th, 2017
- Anthony Davis (left adductor) questionable for Pelicans on Monday night December 11th, 2017
- E'Twaun Moore chips in 14 points in Pelicans' Sunday victory December 11th, 2017
- Courtney Lee takes a seat in second half as Knicks go small in win December 11th, 2017
- Wesley Matthews scores 14 points as Mavericks lose third straight on Sunday December 11th, 2017
- Kris Dunn drops 17 in Bulls win over Knicks December 10th, 2017
- Bulls' Denzel Valentine projected to hit double-digits in matchup with Hornets December 8th, 2017
- Bulls' Nikola Mirotic (face) will make season debut against Hornets Friday December 8th, 2017
- Bulls' Kris Dunn posts a well-rounded stat-line in loss to Pacers December 7th, 2017
- Bulls' Zach LaVine (knee) unlikely to make debut until January December 5th, 2017
- Nikola Mirotic (face) will not make debut for Bulls on Wednesday December 5th, 2017