Bulls starting Jerian Grant in Game 3
Chicago Bulls point guard Jerian Grant will start in place of the injured Rajon Rondo (thumb) as the Bulls host the Boston Celtics for Game 3 on Friday night.
Rondo is out indefinitely with a broken thumb, so Grant will likely hold down the starting point guard job for the rest of this series, and possibly for as long as the Bulls last in the playoffs. Chicago currently has a 2-0 series lead over the Celtics.
In the 13 games he played without Rondo in the regular season, Grant averaged 9.9 points, 3.6 assists, 3.0 rebounds and 1.5 steals in 24.8 minutes per game.
- Devin Booker (hip, back) will play Saturday for Phoenix October 21st, 2017
- Raptors' Jonas Valanciunas sprains ankle, will not return on Saturday October 21st, 2017
- Donovan Mitchell starting in place of Rodney Hood for Utah on Saturday October 21st, 2017
- Nerlens Noel heads back to the bench as Dallas goes small against the Rockets October 21st, 2017
- Dorian Finney-Smith replacing Nerlens Noel in Mavs' starting lineup Saturday October 21st, 2017
- Yogi Ferrell is starting at point guard for Dallas on Saturday October 21st, 2017
- Chicago's Denzel Valentine will play Saturday against San Antonio October 21st, 2017
- Bulls' Paul Zipser projected for modest output on Saturday October 21st, 2017
- Bulls' Robin Lopez facing tough opponent Saturday night October 21st, 2017
- Bulls' Lauri Markkanen expected to see very similar production against Spurs October 21st, 2017
- Bulls' Justin Holiday could see more minutes in thin backcourt October 21st, 2017
- Bulls' Denzel Valentine (knee) to be game-time decision on Saturday October 21st, 2017