Cavaliers' J.R. Smith (hamstring) will start Game 3 if he's medically cleared
Cleveland Cavaliers shooting guard J.R. Smith will be in the starting lineup on Thursday if he receives medical clearance to play in Game 3 against the Indiana Pacers.
Smith made an early exit with hamstring tightness on Monday, but he has made it clear that he expects to be able to play tonight. With head coach Tyronn Lue also not appearing concerned by the injury, and willing to put him in the starting lineup, Smith likely won't be dealing with a minutes restriction.
Assuming Smith does suit up today, numberFire's models project him for 9.8 points, 2.9 rebounds and 1.7 assists in 31.7 minutes of action.
- DeMarre Carroll chips in 16 points to help Nets topple Pistons on Sunday January 22nd, 2018
- Julius Randle posts a huge double-double Sunday in Lakers' win January 22nd, 2018
- Elfrid Payton stays hot with 22 points Sunday in Orlando's win over Celtics January 22nd, 2018
- Alex Caruso plays 31 minutes Sunday in Lakers' win over Knicks January 22nd, 2018
- Jordan Clarkson unloads a big double-double Sunday in Los Angeles January 22nd, 2018
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson helps Nets knock off Pistons with 21 points Sunday January 22nd, 2018
- Kevin Love (illness) misses Cavaliers’ Sunday practice January 21st, 2018
- Cavs' Tristan Thompson started the third quarter for Kevin Love (illness) on Saturday January 20th, 2018
- Cavs' Kevin Love (illness) questionable to return on Saturday January 20th, 2018
- Cavaliers' LeBron James struggles with his shot against Orlando Thursday January 19th, 2018
- Kevin Love double-doubles as Cavaliers hold off Magic January 19th, 2018
- Jeff Green comes close to a double-double as Cavaliers beat Magic January 19th, 2018