Boston falls to 0-2 as Isaiah Thomas struggles
Boston Celtics point guard Isaiah Thomas went 6-of-15 from the field (including 1-of-5 from 3-point range) on Tuesday, was only 7-of-13 from the free-throw line and turned the ball over 5 times while posting 20 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists and 1 steal in an 111-97 loss to the Chicago Bulls.
This puts the first-seed Celtics into a 0-2 hole against a Bulls squad that finished the regular season with a .500 record. The last time an eight-seed upset a one-seed in the NBA playoffs was in 2011, and it has only happened twice since Round 1 was changed to a seven-game format.
Thomas ranked last among Celtics players with a -39.5 nERD in Game 2, per numberFire Live.
- Blazers' Jusuf Nurkic will start on Thursday night April 19th, 2018
- Moe Harkless will start for the Trail Blazers on Thursday April 19th, 2018
- JaVale McGee will play on Thursday night April 19th, 2018
- Blazers' Moe Harkless will not have his minutes restricted in Game 3 April 19th, 2018
- Evan Turner (toe) ruled out for Trail Blazers in Game 3 April 19th, 2018
- Joel Embiid (face) starting for 76ers in Game 3 on Thursday night April 19th, 2018
- Kyle Kuzma (ankle) expected to miss the Lakers' final two games April 10th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball (knee) to sit out Tuesday and Wednesday April 10th, 2018
- Lakers' Brandon Ingram (concussion) out on Tuesday, doubtful for Wednesday April 10th, 2018
- Tyler Ennis catches fire with career-high 22 points Sunday in Los Angeles April 9th, 2018
- Josh Hart gets hot with 25 points in start for Lakers on Sunday April 9th, 2018
- Lakers' Kyle Kuzma (ankle) will not play in Sunday's game April 8th, 2018