Boston falls to 0-2 as Isaiah Thomas struggles
Boston Celtics point guard Isaiah Thomas went 6-of-15 from the field (including 1-of-5 from 3-point range) on Tuesday, was only 7-of-13 from the free-throw line and turned the ball over 5 times while posting 20 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists and 1 steal in an 111-97 loss to the Chicago Bulls.
This puts the first-seed Celtics into a 0-2 hole against a Bulls squad that finished the regular season with a .500 record. The last time an eight-seed upset a one-seed in the NBA playoffs was in 2011, and it has only happened twice since Round 1 was changed to a seven-game format.
Thomas ranked last among Celtics players with a -39.5 nERD in Game 2, per numberFire Live.
- Utah's Rudy Gobert focused on offensive improvement this offseason August 17th, 2017
- Bulls, Dwyane Wade expected to reach buyout August 17th, 2017
- Cavaliers targeting Knicks' Kristaps Porzingis August 15th, 2017
- Pistons willing to go into tax for Avery Bradley August 14th, 2017
- Pistons' Andre Drummond has lost 20 pounds this offseason August 11th, 2017
- Pistons' Boban Marjanovic to see more run in 2017-18 August 11th, 2017
- Celtics' Isaiah Thomas (hip) will not require surgery July 26th, 2017
- Celtics sign forward Guerschon Yabusele July 20th, 2017
- Celtics could make run at Pelicans' Anthony Davis July 18th, 2017
- Celtics' Jaylen Brown (leg) likely out for the remainder of Summer League July 14th, 2017
- Jazz sign Jonas Jerebko to two-year deal July 13th, 2017
- Marcus Morris headed to Celtics in two-player exchange July 7th, 2017