Boston falls to 0-2 as Isaiah Thomas struggles
Boston Celtics point guard Isaiah Thomas went 6-of-15 from the field (including 1-of-5 from 3-point range) on Tuesday, was only 7-of-13 from the free-throw line and turned the ball over 5 times while posting 20 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists and 1 steal in an 111-97 loss to the Chicago Bulls.
This puts the first-seed Celtics into a 0-2 hole against a Bulls squad that finished the regular season with a .500 record. The last time an eight-seed upset a one-seed in the NBA playoffs was in 2011, and it has only happened twice since Round 1 was changed to a seven-game format.
Thomas ranked last among Celtics players with a -39.5 nERD in Game 2, per numberFire Live.
- Allen Crabbe returns to Nets' bench Sunday October 22nd, 2017
- Caris LeVert will start for the Nets on Sunday afternoon October 22nd, 2017
- Dennis Smith Jr. (knee) questionable Monday for Mavericks October 22nd, 2017
- Mavericks' Seth Curry (leg) out for Monday's tilt with Golden State October 22nd, 2017
- D.J. Augustin double-doubles in start for Magic October 22nd, 2017
- Dejounte Murray grabs 10 rebounds in productive outing for Spurs October 22nd, 2017
- Cavaliers' Iman Shumpert sees playing time increase on Saturday October 22nd, 2017
- Cleveland's Jose Calderon is starting in place of Derrick Rose on Saturday October 21st, 2017
- Cavaliers' Derrick Rose (ankle) out Saturday against the Magic October 21st, 2017
- Cleveland's Derrick Rose (ankle) doubtful to play on Saturday October 20th, 2017
- Cavaliers' J.R. Smith scores 10 in first run as sixth man October 18th, 2017
- Jae Crowder scores 11 points in debut with Cavaliers October 18th, 2017