Boston falls to 0-2 as Isaiah Thomas struggles
Boston Celtics point guard Isaiah Thomas went 6-of-15 from the field (including 1-of-5 from 3-point range) on Tuesday, was only 7-of-13 from the free-throw line and turned the ball over 5 times while posting 20 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists and 1 steal in an 111-97 loss to the Chicago Bulls.
This puts the first-seed Celtics into a 0-2 hole against a Bulls squad that finished the regular season with a .500 record. The last time an eight-seed upset a one-seed in the NBA playoffs was in 2011, and it has only happened twice since Round 1 was changed to a seven-game format.
Thomas ranked last among Celtics players with a -39.5 nERD in Game 2, per numberFire Live.
- DeMarre Carroll chips in 16 points to help Nets topple Pistons on Sunday January 22nd, 2018
- Julius Randle posts a huge double-double Sunday in Lakers' win January 22nd, 2018
- Elfrid Payton stays hot with 22 points Sunday in Orlando's win over Celtics January 22nd, 2018
- Alex Caruso plays 31 minutes Sunday in Lakers' win over Knicks January 22nd, 2018
- Jordan Clarkson unloads a big double-double Sunday in Los Angeles January 22nd, 2018
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson helps Nets knock off Pistons with 21 points Sunday January 22nd, 2018
- Kevin Love (illness) misses Cavaliers’ Sunday practice January 21st, 2018
- Cavs' Tristan Thompson started the third quarter for Kevin Love (illness) on Saturday January 20th, 2018
- Cavs' Kevin Love (illness) questionable to return on Saturday January 20th, 2018
- Cavaliers' LeBron James struggles with his shot against Orlando Thursday January 19th, 2018
- Kevin Love double-doubles as Cavaliers hold off Magic January 19th, 2018
- Jeff Green comes close to a double-double as Cavaliers beat Magic January 19th, 2018