Boston falls to 0-2 as Isaiah Thomas struggles
Boston Celtics point guard Isaiah Thomas went 6-of-15 from the field (including 1-of-5 from 3-point range) on Tuesday, was only 7-of-13 from the free-throw line and turned the ball over 5 times while posting 20 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists and 1 steal in an 111-97 loss to the Chicago Bulls.
This puts the first-seed Celtics into a 0-2 hole against a Bulls squad that finished the regular season with a .500 record. The last time an eight-seed upset a one-seed in the NBA playoffs was in 2011, and it has only happened twice since Round 1 was changed to a seven-game format.
Thomas ranked last among Celtics players with a -39.5 nERD in Game 2, per numberFire Live.
- Utah moves up to the 13th pick to draft Donovan Mitchell June 22nd, 2017
- Portland trades up to draft Zach Collins with the 10th pick June 22nd, 2017
- Mavericks make Dennis Smith Jr. the ninth pick in the draft June 22nd, 2017
- Knicks draft Frank Ntilikina with the eighth pick in the draft June 22nd, 2017
- Chicago selects Lauri Markkanen with the seventh pick in the draft June 22nd, 2017
- Magic make Jonathan Isaac the sixth overall pick in the draft June 22nd, 2017
- Celtics draft Jayson Tatum with the third overall pick in the draft June 22nd, 2017
- Celtics interested in Knicks' Kristaps Porzingis June 20th, 2017
- 76ers officially acquire number one overall pick from Celtics June 19th, 2017
- Celtics worked out Jayson Tatum on Monday June 19th, 2017
- 76ers and Celtics close to swapping picks in the 2017 Draft June 16th, 2017
- Celtics considering Josh Jackson with top overall pick June 16th, 2017