Cleveland to waive Larry Sanders, sign Walter Tavares
The Cleveland Cavaliers will waive center Larry Sanders and sign former Atlanta Hawks center Walter Tavares.
Coming off of more than a year removed from basketball, Sanders only played 13 minutes across five games for the Cavs, despite their being thin in the front-court with Tristan Thompson injured. Tavares won't likely see playing time beyond garbage time, for now, but he has excelled with the Raptors 905 D-League team, averaging 10.6 points, 7.7 rebounds and 2.7 blocks per game.
Cleveland sits seventh overall and second in the Eastern Conference in our nERD Power Rankings. numberFire's models project them for only a 6.8 percent chance of winning the NBA Championship -- the fourth-highest mark among all teams.
- Evan Fournier signs four-year deal with Knicks August 2nd, 2021
- Bulls sign Alex Caruso to 4-year, $37 million deal August 2nd, 2021
- Suns sign Chris Paul to massive extension August 2nd, 2021
- Kyle Lowry joining Heat with 3-year contract August 2nd, 2021
- Pistons sign Kelly Olynyk to 3-year deal August 2nd, 2021
- Lonzo Ball leaving Pelicans in sign-and-trade with Bulls August 2nd, 2021
- Timberwolves reportedly trade Ricky Rubio to Cavaliers July 29th, 2021
- Darius Garland (injury management) out for Cavaliers in Sunday's regular season finale May 16th, 2021
- Kevin Love (injury management) out for Cleveland in Sunday's series finale May 15th, 2021
- Cleveland's Cedi Osman (ankle) starting for inactive Kevin Love on Friday May 14th, 2021
- Darius Garland (ankle) active, playing off Cavaliers' bench Friday May 14th, 2021
- Cleveland's Kevin Love (injury management) ruled out on Friday May 14th, 2021