Spencer Dinwiddie named Nets' starting point guard rest of season
Brooklyn Nets point guard Spencer Dinwiddie will start at point guard for the remainder of the season, head coach Kenny Atkinson said.
With Jeremy Lin (ankle) likely facing an extended absence, Dinwiddie will have some extra opportunity to close out the year. He was impressive on Sunday in 30 minutes of action -- 18 points, 2 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 steal, 2 3-pointers -- but hasn't done much as a starter over the course of the season.
In 16 starts this season, Dinwiddie is averaging 8.3 points, 3.6 assists, 3.1 rebounds and 0.9 3-pointers per game at 45.7 percent shooting from the field (48.3 percent from deep). His -1.1 nERD is ninth on the Nets.
- Lakers' Anthony Davis (thumb) reportedly dealing with a Grade 1 sprain October 12th, 2019
- Lakers' Anthony Davis (thumb) exits Saturday's game October 12th, 2019
- Bucks' Eric Bledsoe reportedly sidelined 2-3 weeks with small rib fracture October 11th, 2019
- Warriors' Willie Cauley-Stein (foot) will not play in October September 30th, 2019
- Golden State's Klay Thompson (knee) ruled out until All-Star break September 30th, 2019
- Paul George (shoulders) expects to make Clippers debut in November September 30th, 2019
- Wilson Chandler will reportedly sign with the Nets July 3rd, 2019
- D'Angelo Russell reportedly headed to Warriors in sign, trade with Nets July 1st, 2019
- Kyrie Irving reportedly signs a four-year contract with the Nets June 30th, 2019
- DeAndre Jordan reportedly expected to join Brooklyn June 30th, 2019
- Garrett Temple reportedly expected to sign a two-year deal with the Nets June 30th, 2019
- Kevin Durant reportedly plans to sign with Brooklyn June 30th, 2019