Lakers will ask D'Angelo Russell to play off-ball more
Los Angeles Lakers point guard D'Angelo Russell will be asked to spend more time playing off-ball over the remainder of the season.
Head coach Luke Walton is using the remainder of the Lakers' lost season to evaluate the young talent on the team, and this will be part of that evaluation. Russell scored a career-high 40 points starting at shooting guard while Jordan Clarkson manned the point on Sunday. Look for Russell to continue to see plenty of minutes alongside Clarkson in the backcourt moving forward.
Russell has averaged 15.3 points, 3.6 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 1.4 steals in 27.6 minutes per game this season. He ranks only 456th among 478 players with a -4.3 nERD.
- Rockets' Ryan Anderson (ankle) probable for Saturday April 20th, 2018
- Bucks list John Henson (back) as doubtful for Friday April 20th, 2018
- Raptors list Fred VanVleet (shoulder) as questionable for Game 3 April 20th, 2018
- Blazers' Jusuf Nurkic will start on Thursday night April 19th, 2018
- Moe Harkless will start for the Trail Blazers on Thursday April 19th, 2018
- JaVale McGee will play on Thursday night April 19th, 2018
- Caris LeVert starting for Nets on Wednesday night April 11th, 2018
- Joe Harris (ankle) ruled out of Nets' season finale April 11th, 2018
- Spencer Dinwiddie (sore knee) out for Nets on Wednesday night April 11th, 2018
- Nets' Caris LeVert (foot) available to play on Wednesday April 11th, 2018
- Spencer Dinwiddie (knee) ruled out for Nets on Wednesday April 11th, 2018
- D’Angelo Russell double-doubles as Nets knock off Bulls April 10th, 2018