Cleveland's Kyrie Irving (knee) erupts for a season-high in scoring against the Lakers
Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving exploded for 46 points on 15-of-21 shooting Sunday, adding 3 assists and 2 rebounds in 38 minutes of action as the Cavs beat the Los Angeles Lakers 125-120.
Irving, along with LeBron James and Kevin Love, got Saturday night off to rest after knee tightness forced him to make an early exit from last Thursday's win over the Utah Jazz. That rest seems to have served him well.
Irving finished the win with a game-high 60.7 nERD, per numberFire Live. He sits second among Cavs players and 20th in the NBA with a 7.3 nERD on the season.
- Timberwolves' Jamal Crawford declines player option for 2018-19 season June 18th, 2018
- Rudy Gay opts out of his contract with San Antonio June 18th, 2018
- Pelicans' DeMarcus Cousins (Achilles) progressing to pool work in rehab June 18th, 2018
- Kawhi Leonard reportedly requests to be traded from San Antonio June 15th, 2018
- Nuggets' Kenneth Faried could be heading to the Hawks June 14th, 2018
- Raptors not expected to trade Jonas Valanciunas June 14th, 2018
- Celtics' Gordon Hayward (leg) undergoes surgery to remove plate, screws May 31st, 2018
- Celtics' Jayson Tatum given green light after concussion evaluation May 26th, 2018
- Jayson Tatum scores 24, leads Celtics to 3-2 series advantage May 24th, 2018
- Aron Baynes starting for Celtics, Marcus Morris to bench in Game 5 May 23rd, 2018
- Jaylen Brown scores 25 as Celtics fall to Cavaliers in Game 4 May 22nd, 2018
- Jaylen Brown leads Celtics to Game 2 win with 23 points May 16th, 2018