Cleveland's Kyrie Irving (knee) erupts for a season-high in scoring against the Lakers
Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving exploded for 46 points on 15-of-21 shooting Sunday, adding 3 assists and 2 rebounds in 38 minutes of action as the Cavs beat the Los Angeles Lakers 125-120.
Irving, along with LeBron James and Kevin Love, got Saturday night off to rest after knee tightness forced him to make an early exit from last Thursday's win over the Utah Jazz. That rest seems to have served him well.
Irving finished the win with a game-high 60.7 nERD, per numberFire Live. He sits second among Cavs players and 20th in the NBA with a 7.3 nERD on the season.
- Clippers' Blake Griffin opts out to become free agent June 25th, 2017
- Chris Paul declines his player option with the Clippers June 25th, 2017
- Mavs and Dirk Nowitzki considering a two-year deal June 25th, 2017
- Philadelphia's Furkan Korkmaz likely to join team in 2017-18 June 23rd, 2017
- Timberwolves to keep Ricky Rubio June 23rd, 2017
- Mavericks yet to decide on Dirk Nowitzki's team option June 23rd, 2017
- Jimmy Butler at center of trade talks once again June 19th, 2017
- Cavaliers lose Game 5 despite LeBron James' 41 points June 13th, 2017
- Kyrie Irving nets 40 points during Cavaliers' victory June 10th, 2017
- LeBron James notches a triple-double in Game 4 win June 10th, 2017
- Lebron James' monster performance not enough as Cleveland falls into a 3-0 hole June 8th, 2017
- J.R. Smith will remain in the Cavaliers' starting lineup for Game 3 June 6th, 2017