D'Angelo Russell explodes for a career-high in return to Lakers' starting lineup
Los Angeles Lakers point guard D'Angelo Russell went 14-of-22 from the field on Sunday, posting a career-high 40 points to go with 6 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 steals and 7 three-pointers in 41 minutes of action as the Lakers fell 125-120 to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Russell started at shooting guard with Nick Young sidelined on Sunday, making his return to the starting lineup after spending the past three games coming off the bench. He has averaged 18.1 points, 2.7 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 1.9 steals in 31.0 minutes per game in March.
While Russell's -4.3 nERD ranks in the bottom-25 in the NBA this season, he did finish Sunday's loss with a team-high 45.8 nERD, per numberFire Live.
- Karl-Anthony Towns posts dud in Timberwolves' runaway loss March 26th, 2017
- Blazers' Damian Lillard snaps streak of 30 point games March 26th, 2017
- C.J. McCollum drops 32 points with ease for Blazers on Saturday March 26th, 2017
- Knicks list Carmelo Anthony and Derrick Rose as questionable for Saturday March 25th, 2017
- Stephen Curry leads Golden State with 27 points on Friday March 25th, 2017
- LeBron James is questionable Saturday in Cleveland March 25th, 2017
- Lakers' Jordan Clarkson nails eight from downtown March 25th, 2017
- Brandon Ingram (knee) will play Friday for the Lakers March 24th, 2017
- Ivica Zubac produces well as Lakers get blown out March 22nd, 2017
- Lakers' Brandon Ingram plays huge minutes in defeat March 22nd, 2017
- D'Angelo Russell will remain in the Lakers starting lineup on Tuesday March 20th, 2017
- Nick Young (illness) practices Monday for Lakers March 20th, 2017