D'Angelo Russell explodes for a career-high in return to Lakers' starting lineup
Los Angeles Lakers point guard D'Angelo Russell went 14-of-22 from the field on Sunday, posting a career-high 40 points to go with 6 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 steals and 7 three-pointers in 41 minutes of action as the Lakers fell 125-120 to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Russell started at shooting guard with Nick Young sidelined on Sunday, making his return to the starting lineup after spending the past three games coming off the bench. He has averaged 18.1 points, 2.7 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 1.9 steals in 31.0 minutes per game in March.
While Russell's -4.3 nERD ranks in the bottom-25 in the NBA this season, he did finish Sunday's loss with a team-high 45.8 nERD, per numberFire Live.
- Miami's Kelly Olynyk (shoulder) listed as doubtful for Friday February 21st, 2018
- Pistons' Reggie Jackson (ankle) still a couple weeks from return February 21st, 2018
- Knicks expected to start Emmanuel Mudiay on Thursday February 21st, 2018
- Clippers' Avery Bradley (groin) '50/50' to play Thursday February 21st, 2018
- Pacers' Darren Collison (knee) to miss at least one more week February 21st, 2018
- Celtics' Marcus Smart (hand) cleared to practice, will play Friday February 21st, 2018
- Atkinson: D'Angelo Russell 'starting to round into form' for Nets February 21st, 2018
- Nets' Caris LeVert (knee) won't play Thursday night February 21st, 2018
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (groin) to remain sidelined for Nets February 21st, 2018
- Nets considering lineup, rotation changes following All-Star break February 20th, 2018
- D'Angelo Russell scores 18 points, hands out 9 assists for Nets February 15th, 2018
- Nets' DeMarre Carroll collects 21 points and 10 boards on Wednesday February 15th, 2018