D'Angelo Russell explodes for a career-high in return to Lakers' starting lineup
Los Angeles Lakers point guard D'Angelo Russell went 14-of-22 from the field on Sunday, posting a career-high 40 points to go with 6 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 steals and 7 three-pointers in 41 minutes of action as the Lakers fell 125-120 to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Russell started at shooting guard with Nick Young sidelined on Sunday, making his return to the starting lineup after spending the past three games coming off the bench. He has averaged 18.1 points, 2.7 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 1.9 steals in 31.0 minutes per game in March.
While Russell's -4.3 nERD ranks in the bottom-25 in the NBA this season, he did finish Sunday's loss with a team-high 45.8 nERD, per numberFire Live.
- Jazz' Rodney Hood (ankle) carried off the floor Friday night October 20th, 2017
- Cleveland's Derrick Rose (ankle) doubtful to play on Saturday October 20th, 2017
- Willy Hernangomez the odd man out in Knicks' frontcourt for now October 20th, 2017
- Corey Brewer making his first start of the year for the Lakers on Friday October 20th, 2017
- Lakers' Luol Deng a healthy scratch, Corey Brewer starting on Friday October 20th, 2017
- Andre Iguodala (back) will play Friday night for the Warriors October 20th, 2017
- Allen Crabbe starting on Friday as Nets adjust without Jeremy Lin October 20th, 2017
- D'Angelo Russell shines in debut with the Nets October 19th, 2017
- Jeremy Lin ruptures patellar tendon in Nets' loss, out for season October 19th, 2017
- Nets showing 'tremendous concern' about Jeremy Lin's knee injury October 19th, 2017
- Jeremy Lin (knee) leaves Nets' season opener early October 18th, 2017
- Nets excited to have Jeremy Lin healthy to start the season October 18th, 2017