Miami's Dion Waiters (left ankle) is on crutches
Miami Heat guard/forward Dion Waiters (left ankle) is on crutches and is hoping he can return before the end of the regular season.
Waiters sprained his ankle on Friday, but x-rays came back negative. For what it is worth, Waiters says this sprain is worse than the one that caused him to miss three games in early February. While no timeline has been set, the expectation is for the guard to miss an extended period. Josh Richardson started in his place on Sunday and will likely do so for the foreseeable future.
Richardson will try to make up Waiters 15.8 points and 4.3 assists per game.
- Derrick Rose agrees to sign with the Cavaliers July 24th, 2017
- Pau Gasol and Spurs agree to a three-year deal July 21st, 2017
- Celtics sign forward Guerschon Yabusele July 20th, 2017
- Derrick Rose meeting with the Lakers on Thursday July 20th, 2017
- Andrew Wiggins working on a five-year extension with Minnesota July 20th, 2017
- Derrick Rose and the Cavaliers having serious contract talks July 20th, 2017
- Udonis Haslem signs one-year deal to remain with Heat July 20th, 2017
- Mavericks trade A.J. Hammons in deal with Heat July 7th, 2017
- Heat deal Josh McRoberts to Mavericks July 7th, 2017
- Heat trying to dump Josh McRoberts' salary in trade July 7th, 2017
- Kelly Olynyk agrees to four-year deal with Heat July 6th, 2017
- Dion Waiters signs four-year, $52 million deal with Heat July 5th, 2017