Miami's Dion Waiters (left ankle) is on crutches
Miami Heat guard/forward Dion Waiters (left ankle) is on crutches and is hoping he can return before the end of the regular season.
Waiters sprained his ankle on Friday, but x-rays came back negative. For what it is worth, Waiters says this sprain is worse than the one that caused him to miss three games in early February. While no timeline has been set, the expectation is for the guard to miss an extended period. Josh Richardson started in his place on Sunday and will likely do so for the foreseeable future.
Richardson will try to make up Waiters 15.8 points and 4.3 assists per game.
- Celtics draft Jayson Tatum with the third overall pick in the draft June 22nd, 2017
- Bulls trade Jimmy Butler to Minnesota June 22nd, 2017
- Lakers draft Lonzo Ball with the second pick of the NBA Draft June 22nd, 2017
- 76ers select Markelle Fultz first overall in the 2017 NBA Draft June 22nd, 2017
- Bulls undecided on Rajon Rondo's team option for 2017-18 June 21st, 2017
- Jazz have inquired about Rockets' Patrick Beverley June 21st, 2017
- Gordon Hayward interested in Heat as an option in free agency June 12th, 2017
- Miami's Justise Winslow (shoulder) still a month away from full strength June 4th, 2017
- Dion Waiters will decline player option with Miami June 2nd, 2017
- Willie Reed to decline his option with Miami June 1st, 2017
- Heat have no plans to move Justise Winslow April 19th, 2017
- Heat's Dion Waiters out against Wizards April 12th, 2017