Cavaliers sign Larry Sanders
Free agent forward/center Larry Sanders has agreed to sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers, per The Vertical's Shams Charania.
The deal is expected to cover the remainder of this season while also including an option for the 2017-2018 season. The 28-year-old Sanders has been out of the NBA since the 2014-2015 season, and he will come off the bench providing depth behind Tristan Thompson after the Cavs lost Andrew Bogut for the season in his first game with the team.
Through his first five NBA seasons, Sanders averaged 6.5 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in 19.8 minutes per game with a 16.1 percent total rebound rate and 7.1 percent block rate.
- Evan Fournier signs four-year deal with Knicks August 2nd, 2021
- Bulls sign Alex Caruso to 4-year, $37 million deal August 2nd, 2021
- Suns sign Chris Paul to massive extension August 2nd, 2021
- Kyle Lowry joining Heat with 3-year contract August 2nd, 2021
- Pistons sign Kelly Olynyk to 3-year deal August 2nd, 2021
- Lonzo Ball leaving Pelicans in sign-and-trade with Bulls August 2nd, 2021
- Timberwolves reportedly trade Ricky Rubio to Cavaliers July 29th, 2021
- Darius Garland (injury management) out for Cavaliers in Sunday's regular season finale May 16th, 2021
- Kevin Love (injury management) out for Cleveland in Sunday's series finale May 15th, 2021
- Cleveland's Cedi Osman (ankle) starting for inactive Kevin Love on Friday May 14th, 2021
- Darius Garland (ankle) active, playing off Cavaliers' bench Friday May 14th, 2021
- Cleveland's Kevin Love (injury management) ruled out on Friday May 14th, 2021