DeMarcus Cousins is committed to staying with Kings
Sacramento Kings forward/center DeMarcus Cousins says he is "very happy" in Sacramento and intends to sign an extension with the team this summer.
"I'm a guy that's all about loyalty and honesty," Cousins said. "It's hard, but at the end of the day you gotta remember that this is a business." Trade rumors have swirled around Cousins for the past couple seasons, but signing a long-term extension with the Kings this summer is the most likely outcome. The 26-year-old big man wants his "legacy to end in Sacramento" and his "jersey to be in the rafters."
Cousins is averaging 27.8 points (career-high), 10.7 rebounds, 4.9 assists (career-high), 1.4 steals, 1.3 blocks and 1.7 3-pointers (career-high) per game this season. His 37.5 usage percentage is also the busiest Cousins has been during his seven years in the NBA. He currently ranks 23rd, out of 463 players, with a 5.4 nERD.
- Danilo Gallinari and Kenneth Faried active as Nuggets take on Brooklyn February 24th, 2017
- Rodney Hood (knee) returning to the Jazz starting lineup on Friday February 24th, 2017
- Suns sticking Alex Len in first unit versus Chicago February 24th, 2017
- Serge Ibaka starting for Toronto on Friday night February 24th, 2017
- Raptors starting Cory Joseph in place of Kyle Lowry (wrist) February 24th, 2017
- Victor Oladipo (back) ruled out for Thunder versus Lakers February 24th, 2017
- The Pelicans will waive newly acquired Omri Casspi February 24th, 2017
- DeMarcus Cousins goes off in his first game as a Pelican February 24th, 2017
- Omri Casspi suffers a broken thumb in debut with Pelicans February 24th, 2017
- Terrence Jones hits waivers following Pelicans' release February 23rd, 2017
- Pelicans expected to release Terrence Jones February 23rd, 2017
- Pelicans to sign free agent Hollis Thompson February 22nd, 2017