DeMarcus Cousins is committed to staying with Kings
Sacramento Kings forward/center DeMarcus Cousins says he is "very happy" in Sacramento and intends to sign an extension with the team this summer.
"I'm a guy that's all about loyalty and honesty," Cousins said. "It's hard, but at the end of the day you gotta remember that this is a business." Trade rumors have swirled around Cousins for the past couple seasons, but signing a long-term extension with the Kings this summer is the most likely outcome. The 26-year-old big man wants his "legacy to end in Sacramento" and his "jersey to be in the rafters."
Cousins is averaging 27.8 points (career-high), 10.7 rebounds, 4.9 assists (career-high), 1.4 steals, 1.3 blocks and 1.7 3-pointers (career-high) per game this season. His 37.5 usage percentage is also the busiest Cousins has been during his seven years in the NBA. He currently ranks 23rd, out of 463 players, with a 5.4 nERD.
- 76ers' Ben Simmons (foot) expected to be without restrictions in rookie season September 21st, 2017
- Wizards' Markieff Morris (sports hernia) to undergo surgery on Friday September 21st, 2017
- Andrew Bogut agrees to one-year deal with Lakers September 18th, 2017
- Brandon Rush signs deal with Bucks September 18th, 2017
- Mason Plumlee agrees to three-year deal with Nuggets September 18th, 2017
- Kings' Zach Randolph charged with two misdemeanors following arrest August 31st, 2017
- Tony Allen signing a one-year deal with New Orleans September 11th, 2017
- Chicago Bulls finalizing deal for Quincy Pondexter August 31st, 2017
- Pelicans' Frank Jackson suffers broken right foot August 31st, 2017
- Knicks ask Carmelo Anthony to expand "wish list" August 10th, 2017
- Pelicans sign Ian Clark to one-year deal August 1st, 2017
- Celtics could make run at Pelicans' Anthony Davis July 18th, 2017