Knicks plan on starting Derrick Rose Wednesday if he's ready
New York Knicks head coach Jeff Hornacek said that point guard Derrick Rose will start Wednesday versus the Philadelphia 76ers if he is in "the right mental state."
Rose briefly went missing on Monday and didn't play in a 110-96 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans, but he's claiming it was a "family issue" that prevented him from contacting the team because he needed "space." He was fined, but avoided suspension and is expected to start on Wednesday night. Brandon Jennings is back to the bench for now, but the relationship between Rose and the Knicks sounds far from great.
If Rose does play on Wednesday, we project him for 17.4 points, 4.5 assists and 4.1 rebounds in 32.4 minutes of action. He ranks 431st -- out of 451 NBA players -- with a -2.8 nERD.
- Chandler Parsons (rest) out of the Grizzlies' lineup on Friday January 20th, 2017
- Ty Lawson (ankle) a game-time call for Kings, says he will play January 20th, 2017
- Sean Kilpatrick, Trevor Booker taking breathers Friday for Nets January 20th, 2017
- Norman Powell starting for Raptors, Pascal Siakam to bench January 20th, 2017
- Rockets starting Montrezl Harrell against Golden State January 20th, 2017
- Ryan Anderson will attempt to play through illness for Houston January 20th, 2017
- Carmelo Anthony has a big game as Knicks fall to the Wizards January 20th, 2017
- Knicks bringing Kristaps Porzingis (Achilles) off bench in return January 19th, 2017
- Knicks will be without Joakim Noah versus Wizards January 19th, 2017
- Kristaps Porzingis ready to play for the Knicks on Thursday January 19th, 2017
- Kristaps Porzingis (Achilles) hoping to return for Knicks on Saturday January 19th, 2017
- Joakim Noah (ankle) doubtful for Knicks Thursday January 19th, 2017