Knicks plan on starting Derrick Rose Wednesday if he's ready
New York Knicks head coach Jeff Hornacek said that point guard Derrick Rose will start Wednesday versus the Philadelphia 76ers if he is in "the right mental state."
Rose briefly went missing on Monday and didn't play in a 110-96 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans, but he's claiming it was a "family issue" that prevented him from contacting the team because he needed "space." He was fined, but avoided suspension and is expected to start on Wednesday night. Brandon Jennings is back to the bench for now, but the relationship between Rose and the Knicks sounds far from great.
If Rose does play on Wednesday, we project him for 17.4 points, 4.5 assists and 4.1 rebounds in 32.4 minutes of action. He ranks 431st -- out of 451 NBA players -- with a -2.8 nERD.
- Hassan Whiteside suffers a sprained ankle as Miami falls to Toronto March 24th, 2017
- Mavericks' J.J. Barea gets ejected on Thursday night March 24th, 2017
- T.J. Warren ruled out as Suns take on Brooklyn March 23rd, 2017
- Hassan Whiteside (hand) starting Thursday night for Miami March 23rd, 2017
- Raptors expected to start P.J. Tucker in place of Serge Ibaka (suspension) March 23rd, 2017
- Jeremy Lin (right ankle) active Thursday for Nets March 23rd, 2017
- Knicks will be shorthanded on Thursday as three players are ruled out March 23rd, 2017
- X-rays come back negative for Knicks' Derrick Rose (foot) March 23rd, 2017
- Guillermo Hernangomez to come off Knicks' bench Wednesday March 22nd, 2017
- Kinicks to limit Carmelo Anthony's minutes the rest of the season March 21st, 2017
- Kristaps Porzingis (thigh) will play as Knicks take on Clippers March 20th, 2017
- Kristaps Porzingis (thigh) practices for Knicks on Sunday March 19th, 2017