Knicks plan on starting Derrick Rose Wednesday if he's ready
New York Knicks head coach Jeff Hornacek said that point guard Derrick Rose will start Wednesday versus the Philadelphia 76ers if he is in "the right mental state."
Rose briefly went missing on Monday and didn't play in a 110-96 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans, but he's claiming it was a "family issue" that prevented him from contacting the team because he needed "space." He was fined, but avoided suspension and is expected to start on Wednesday night. Brandon Jennings is back to the bench for now, but the relationship between Rose and the Knicks sounds far from great.
If Rose does play on Wednesday, we project him for 17.4 points, 4.5 assists and 4.1 rebounds in 32.4 minutes of action. He ranks 431st -- out of 451 NBA players -- with a -2.8 nERD.
- Chris Paul helps Clippers force a Game 7 on Sunday April 29th, 2017
- Clippers' Austin Rivers comes up big in Game 6 start April 29th, 2017
- Avery Bradley lights up Bulls in Boston's Game 6 win April 29th, 2017
- Jimmy Butler's strong game not enough as Celtics beat Bulls April 29th, 2017
- John Wall drops 42 points in Wizards' series-clinching win in Atlanta April 29th, 2017
- Hawks lose Game 6 despite 31 points from Paul Millsap April 29th, 2017
- Knicks' Joakim Noah (shoulder) undergoes successful surgery April 27th, 2017
- Knicks' Phil Jackson says Carmelo Anthony 'better off somewhere else' April 14th, 2017
- Kristaps Porzingis (back) will not play for Knicks April 12th, 2017
- Knicks to start Carmelo Anthony in final game April 12th, 2017
- Knicks expected to sit Carmelo Anthony (knee) and Kristaps Porzingis (back) for season finale April 11th, 2017
- Willy Hernangomez posts a big double-double in Knicks' loss April 9th, 2017