Knicks plan on starting Derrick Rose Wednesday if he's ready
New York Knicks head coach Jeff Hornacek said that point guard Derrick Rose will start Wednesday versus the Philadelphia 76ers if he is in "the right mental state."
Rose briefly went missing on Monday and didn't play in a 110-96 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans, but he's claiming it was a "family issue" that prevented him from contacting the team because he needed "space." He was fined, but avoided suspension and is expected to start on Wednesday night. Brandon Jennings is back to the bench for now, but the relationship between Rose and the Knicks sounds far from great.
If Rose does play on Wednesday, we project him for 17.4 points, 4.5 assists and 4.1 rebounds in 32.4 minutes of action. He ranks 431st -- out of 451 NBA players -- with a -2.8 nERD.
- Dejounte Murray has a career-night in Spurs' win over the Cavs January 23rd, 2018
- Josh Hart returns to the Lakers' bench on Tuesday night January 23rd, 2018
- Knicks' Michael Beasley will start in place of Kristaps Porzingis on Tuesday January 23rd, 2018
- Memphis' JaMychal Green (ankle) ruled out for Wednesday's game January 23rd, 2018
- Jimmy Butler (knee) listed as questionable to play for Minnesota on Wednesday January 23rd, 2018
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (Achilles) will play Tuesday for the Lakers January 23rd, 2018
- Cavaliers' Kevin Love voted Eastern Conference All-Star reserve January 23rd, 2018
- Channing Frye (ab strain) will not play Tuesday for Cleveland January 23rd, 2018
- Iman Shumpert (knee, foot) available to return Tuesday for Cleveland January 23rd, 2018
- Cavs expected to include Channing Frye in package for Kings' George Hill January 23rd, 2018
- Cavaliers reportedly in trade talks with Sacramento about George Hill January 23rd, 2018
- Kevin Love reportedly challenged by Cavaliers at 'fiery' team meeting January 23rd, 2018