Knicks plan on starting Derrick Rose Wednesday if he's ready
New York Knicks head coach Jeff Hornacek said that point guard Derrick Rose will start Wednesday versus the Philadelphia 76ers if he is in "the right mental state."
Rose briefly went missing on Monday and didn't play in a 110-96 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans, but he's claiming it was a "family issue" that prevented him from contacting the team because he needed "space." He was fined, but avoided suspension and is expected to start on Wednesday night. Brandon Jennings is back to the bench for now, but the relationship between Rose and the Knicks sounds far from great.
If Rose does play on Wednesday, we project him for 17.4 points, 4.5 assists and 4.1 rebounds in 32.4 minutes of action. He ranks 431st -- out of 451 NBA players -- with a -2.8 nERD.
- Kawhi Leonard reportedly requests to be traded from San Antonio June 15th, 2018
- Nuggets' Kenneth Faried could be heading to the Hawks June 14th, 2018
- Raptors not expected to trade Jonas Valanciunas June 14th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball says he's 100 percent healthy June 12th, 2018
- Wojnarowski: Raptors promoting assistant Nick Nurse as new head coach June 12th, 2018
- Dwane Casey reportedly named Pistons' next head coach June 11th, 2018
- Timberwolves' Jamal Crawford scores 20 in season-ending defeat April 26th, 2018
- Tyus Jones (knee) heading towards game-time decision for Timberwolves in Game 5 April 25th, 2018
- Timberwolves' Tyus Jones (knee) questionable for Game 5 on Wednesday April 25th, 2018
- Derrick Rose posts 17 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists in Timberwolves' loss April 24th, 2018
- Timberwolves' Gorgui Dieng comes down with 5 boards in Game 4 loss April 24th, 2018
- Karl-Anthony Towns double-doubles in Minnesota's Game 3 upset April 22nd, 2018