Knicks plan on starting Derrick Rose Wednesday if he's ready
New York Knicks head coach Jeff Hornacek said that point guard Derrick Rose will start Wednesday versus the Philadelphia 76ers if he is in "the right mental state."
Rose briefly went missing on Monday and didn't play in a 110-96 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans, but he's claiming it was a "family issue" that prevented him from contacting the team because he needed "space." He was fined, but avoided suspension and is expected to start on Wednesday night. Brandon Jennings is back to the bench for now, but the relationship between Rose and the Knicks sounds far from great.
If Rose does play on Wednesday, we project him for 17.4 points, 4.5 assists and 4.1 rebounds in 32.4 minutes of action. He ranks 431st -- out of 451 NBA players -- with a -2.8 nERD.
- Jimmy Butler not expecting Bulls to trade him February 20th, 2017
- Houston may be interested in Denver's Wilson Chandler February 20th, 2017
- Sacramento also making Darren Collison and Ben McLemore available for trade February 20th, 2017
- Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook goes off in the All-Star game February 20th, 2017
- New Orleans acquires DeMarcus Cousins from the Kings February 20th, 2017
- Pelicans are making Buddy Hield available in trade talks February 19th, 2017
- Knicks' Kristaps Porzingis takes home the Skills Challenge title February 19th, 2017
- Teams viewing Knicks' Derrick Rose as a possible trade target February 17th, 2017
- Knicks' Carmelo Anthony excels in a loss to Oklahoma City February 16th, 2017
- Brandon Jennings (Achilles') will not play for Knicks Wednesday February 15th, 2017
- Knicks' Guillermo Hernangomez to start with Joakim Noah (hamstring) out against Oklahoma City February 15th, 2017
- Knicks' Willy Hernangomez scores 12 points in second career start February 12th, 2017