Knicks plan on starting Derrick Rose Wednesday if he's ready
New York Knicks head coach Jeff Hornacek said that point guard Derrick Rose will start Wednesday versus the Philadelphia 76ers if he is in "the right mental state."
Rose briefly went missing on Monday and didn't play in a 110-96 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans, but he's claiming it was a "family issue" that prevented him from contacting the team because he needed "space." He was fined, but avoided suspension and is expected to start on Wednesday night. Brandon Jennings is back to the bench for now, but the relationship between Rose and the Knicks sounds far from great.
If Rose does play on Wednesday, we project him for 17.4 points, 4.5 assists and 4.1 rebounds in 32.4 minutes of action. He ranks 431st -- out of 451 NBA players -- with a -2.8 nERD.
- Marcus Smart (thumb) could return for Boston next week April 21st, 2018
- John Henson (back) doubtful for Bucks' Game 4 on Sunday April 21st, 2018
- Warriors' Kevin Durant (ankle) pratices, expected to play in Game 4 April 21st, 2018
- George Hill (back) undergoing MRI, questionable for Cavs in Game 4 April 21st, 2018
- Spurs' coach Gregg Popovich will remain away from team for Game 4 April 21st, 2018
- Evan Turner (toe) is questionable to play in Game 4 for Portland April 20th, 2018
- Timberwolves' Jimmy Butler dealing with wrist injury April 21st, 2018
- Andrew Wiggins scores 13 points with 8 boards in full line as Timberwolves fall to 0-2 April 19th, 2018
- Derrick Rose scores 16 points for Timberwolves in Game 1 April 16th, 2018
- T'Wolves' Taj Gibson (neck) 'ready to go' for Game 1 against Rockets April 15th, 2018
- Timberwolves' Jimmy Butler (wrist) wearing wrap during Sunday's warmups April 15th, 2018
- Jimmy Butler scores 31 as Timberwolves clinch playoff spot in OT win April 12th, 2018