Toney Douglas frontrunner to sign with Memphis
Former New Orleans Pelicans guard Toney Douglas "has emerged as the frontrunner" to join the Memphis Grizzlies, according to team beat writer Michael Wallace.
With Mike Conley out indefinitely with a back injury, Douglas could play a significant role for the Grizzlies the rest of the season. Youngsters Andrew Harrison and Wade Baldwin IV will likely take a backseat to the seven-year veteran if he does indeed sign with Memphis.
Douglas appeared in 61 games with the Pelicans last season averaging 8.7 points, 2.3 rebounds, 2.6 assists, and 1.3 three-pointers while posting a .543 true shooting percentage in 20.7 minutes per game.
- Dwyane Wade and the Bulls agree to a buyout September 24th, 2017
- Oklahoma City's Enes Kanter heading to the Knicks in Melo deal September 23rd, 2017
- Thunder acquire Carmelo Anthony from the Knicks September 23rd, 2017
- Knicks hope to trade Carmelo Anthony by Monday September 23rd, 2017
- 76ers' Ben Simmons (foot) expected to be without restrictions in rookie season September 21st, 2017
- Wizards' Markieff Morris (sports hernia) to undergo surgery on Friday September 21st, 2017
- Tony Allen signing a one-year deal with New Orleans September 11th, 2017
- Grizzlies' Ben McLemore breaks bone in right foot August 8th, 2017
- Clippers, Timberwolves showing interest in Tony Allen July 13th, 2017
- Grizzlies sign Tyreke Evans to one-year deal July 7th, 2017
- Grizzlies considering trading Marc Gasol July 5th, 2017
- Kings sign Zach Randolph to a two-year, $24M deal July 4th, 2017