Toney Douglas frontrunner to sign with Memphis
Former New Orleans Pelicans guard Toney Douglas "has emerged as the frontrunner" to join the Memphis Grizzlies, according to team beat writer Michael Wallace.
With Mike Conley out indefinitely with a back injury, Douglas could play a significant role for the Grizzlies the rest of the season. Youngsters Andrew Harrison and Wade Baldwin IV will likely take a backseat to the seven-year veteran if he does indeed sign with Memphis.
Douglas appeared in 61 games with the Pelicans last season averaging 8.7 points, 2.3 rebounds, 2.6 assists, and 1.3 three-pointers while posting a .543 true shooting percentage in 20.7 minutes per game.
- Draymond Green returns for Warriors versus Rockets January 20th, 2018
- Joe Ingles returns to Utah's starting lineup on Saturday night January 20th, 2018
- Jamal Crawford (toe) ruled out for Timberwolves versus Raptors January 20th, 2018
- Nemanja Bjelica replaces Jimmy Butler (knee) in Timberwolves' starting lineup January 20th, 2018
- Jimmy Butler (knee) will not play for Timberwolves on Saturday January 20th, 2018
- Rodney Hood (leg) ruled out for Jazz on Saturday night January 20th, 2018
- JaMychal Green injures ankle in Grizzlies' loss on Saturday January 20th, 2018
- Mario Chalmers (shoulder) ruled out for Grizzlies Saturday night January 20th, 2018
- Update: Grizzlies' Ben McLemore starting on Saturday against the Pelicans January 20th, 2018
- Grizzlies' Mario Chalmers (shoulder) remains game-time call on Saturday January 20th, 2018
- Grizzlies' Ben McLemore (knee) is playing on Saturday January 20th, 2018
- Andrew Harrison (shoulder) out Saturday for Grizzlies January 20th, 2018