Thunder's Mitch McGary suspended for five games
Oklahoma City Thunder power forward Mitch McGary has been suspended for five games to begin next season for failing the NBA's drug policy.
McGary was also suspended in college at Michigan for testing positive for marijuana. This is disappointing news, especially since he's looked great in summer league action this week. With Serge Ibaka and Kevin Durant no longer on the roster, McGary has a chance at additional minutes next season.
McGary is now averaging 11.3 points, 7.0 rebounds and 2.0 turnovers, while shooting 57 percent from the field this summer. He posted a -0.4 nERD in 20 games played last season, his second in the NBA.
- Jalen Richard (foot) reportedly out indefinitely for Oakland August 5th, 2021
- Evan Fournier signs four-year deal with Knicks August 2nd, 2021
- Bulls sign Alex Caruso to 4-year, $37 million deal August 2nd, 2021
- Suns sign Chris Paul to massive extension August 2nd, 2021
- Kyle Lowry joining Heat with 3-year contract August 2nd, 2021
- Pistons sign Kelly Olynyk to 3-year deal August 2nd, 2021
- Thunder trade Al Horford to Boston June 18th, 2021
- Moses Brown traded from Thunder to Celtics June 18th, 2021
- Celtics send Kemba Walker, picks to Thunder for Al Horford, Moses Brown June 18th, 2021
- Thunder starting Josh Hall for Darius Bazley on Sunday May 16th, 2021
- Lu Dort (knee) out for Oklahoma City in regular season finale May 16th, 2021
- Kenrich Williams coming off Thunder's bench Friday with Theo Maledon starting May 14th, 2021