Bucks' O.J. Mayo dismissed from NBA
Milwaukee Bucks guard O.J. Mayo has been dismissed and disqualified from the NBA for violating terms of the NBA/NBPA Anti-Drug Program.
This means that he likely tested positive for a drug of abuse. Mayo can apply for reinstatement in two years, but there's no guarantee that he will play a minute in the NBA again. Mayo was set to be a free agent this summer and is still recovering from a fractured ankle.
Mayo played in 41 games this year, averaging 26.6 minutes a night, with a career-worst effective field goal percentage of .452. His ugly -5.0 nERD ranked 128th in the league.
- Evan Fournier signs four-year deal with Knicks August 2nd, 2021
- Bulls sign Alex Caruso to 4-year, $37 million deal August 2nd, 2021
- Suns sign Chris Paul to massive extension August 2nd, 2021
- Kyle Lowry joining Heat with 3-year contract August 2nd, 2021
- Pistons sign Kelly Olynyk to 3-year deal August 2nd, 2021
- Lonzo Ball leaving Pelicans in sign-and-trade with Bulls August 2nd, 2021
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo (health protocols) ruled out for Bucks in Game 5 July 17th, 2021
- Bobby Portis coming off Bucks' bench in NBA Finals Game 1 July 6th, 2021
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (knee) starting for Bucks on Tuesday; Bobby Portis back to bench July 6th, 2021
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (knee) will play for Milwaukee in Game 1 July 6th, 2021
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (knee) a GTD for Bucks in Game 1 July 6th, 2021
- Milwaukee's Giannis Antetokounmpo (knee) ruled out for Saturday's Game 6 matchup July 3rd, 2021