Celtics acquire Kristaps Porzingis from Wizards, Grizzlies involved
The Boston Celtics are acquiring power forward/center Kristaps Porzingis from the Washington Wizards in a three-team trade that includes the Memphis Grizzlies.
The Celtics are landing the No. 25 overall pick in Thursday's draft and a 2024 first-round pick, in addition to Porzingis. They are sending Marcus Smart to the Memphis Grizzlies and the Wizards will wind up with Tyus Jones, Danilo Gallinari, Mike Muscala, and the No. 35 overall pick. Porzingis appeared in 65 games for the Wizards last season, which was a personal-high since his second year in the league. He will likely join the Celtics' starting frontcourt, but Porzingis will play a smaller role on offense behind Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown.
KP had a 27.4% usage rate last season and averaged 42.4 FanDuel points per game, with 23.2 points, 8.4 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 0.9 steals, 1.6 blocks, and 2.1 3-pointers per contest.
- Miami's Josh Richardson (knee) will not return on Saturday December 2nd, 2023
- Max Christie coming off Los Angeles' bench on Saturday night December 2nd, 2023
- Lakers starting Cam Reddish (groin) on Saturday, Max Christie to bench December 2nd, 2023
- Aaron Holiday playing with Houston's second unit on Saturday night December 2nd, 2023
- Rockets starting Fred VanVleet (thumb) at point guard on Saturday, Aaron Holiday to bench December 2nd, 2023
- Anthony Davis (adductor/hip) active for Lakers on Saturday night December 2nd, 2023
- Celtics' Jayson Tatum ejected on Friday December 1st, 2023
- Dalano Banton playing with Boston's second unit on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Celtics starting Jrue Holiday (ankle) on Tuesday, Dalano Banton to bench November 28th, 2023
- Jrue Holiday (ankle) active for Celtics on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Derrick White (illness) available for Boston on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Celtics' Derrick White (illness) listed probable for Tuesday November 27th, 2023