Clippers' Nicolas Batum staying in lineup moving forward
Los Angeles Clippers guard/forward Nicolas Batum is expected to remain in the starting lineup for the rest of the season.
Batum started in place of an inactive Marcus Morris (illness) on Monday and scored 24 points on 8-10 3-pointers, with 3 rebounds, 5 assists, and 2 steals in 31 minutes. Morris has struggled mightily since the break, and Batum's performance was apparently enough to make a permanent change down the stretch. Robert Covington is expected to take over Batum's role off the bench as a backup four.
Batum is averaging 20.6 FanDuel points in 28.1 minutes per game across 13 starts this season, with 8.8 points, 4.5 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 0.8 steals, 0.5 blocks, and 2.4 3-pointers on a 44.3 field goal percentage and 43.1 3-point percentage. He averages 15.6 FanDuel points in 20.4 minutes over 59 games off the bench.
- Gabe Vincent (ankle) available for Heat in Game 7 Monday night May 29th, 2023
- Celtics' Malcolm Brogdon (forearm) cleared to play in Game 7 Monday night May 29th, 2023
- Malcolm Brogdon (forearm) questionable in Monday's Game 7 for Boston May 28th, 2023
- Gabe Vincent (ankle) questionable for Heat in Game 7 Monday May 28th, 2023
- Kevin Love playing with Heat's second unit on Saturday May 27th, 2023
- Caleb Martin starting in Miami's Saturday Game 6 contest, Kevin Love to bench May 27th, 2023
- Clippers' Kawhi Leonard (knee) out for Game 5 Tuesday April 24th, 2023
- Clippers starting Marcus Morris in Game 4's Saturday lineup, Nicolas Batum to bench April 22nd, 2023
- Nicolas Batum coming off Clippers' bench in Saturday's Game 4 April 22nd, 2023
- Kawhi Leonard (knee) remains out for Clippers on Saturday April 21st, 2023
- Clippers' Norman Powell starting Game 3 on Thursday in place of injured Kawhi Leonard (knee) April 20th, 2023
- Kawhi Leonard (knee) ruled out Thursday for Clippers in Game 3 April 20th, 2023