Lauri Markkanen (back) ruled out Monday for Jazz versus Kings
Utah Jazz power forward Lauri Markkanen (back soreness) is out Monday versus the Sacramento Kings.
Markkanen has been downgraded from questionable and will miss his first game since March 5. Kris Dunn, Rudy Gay, and Simone Fontecchio are the most likely candidates to replace Markkanen in Utah's starting lineup. There will also be more scoring opportunities for Kelly Olynyk, Ochai Agbaji, Walker Kessler, and Talen Horton-Tucker.
Kessler is averaging an additional 5.9 minutes (27.9) and 10.3 FanDuel points (36.2) over seven games without Markkanen, which are both the highest margins on the team. He has a $7,900 salary on Monday’s six-game slate and the Jazz-Kings game total (240.0) is the highest of the day.
- Bulls list Torrey Craig (knee) as questionable on Wednesday December 5th, 2023
- Alex Caruso (toe) probable for Chicago's Wednesday matchup December 5th, 2023
- Cleveland's Dean Wade (ankle) questionable on Wednesday December 5th, 2023
- Joe Harris (shoulder) doubtful for Pistons on Wednesday December 5th, 2023
- Detroit's Marvin Bagley (back) probable on Wednesday December 5th, 2023
- Minnesota's Anthony Edwards (hip) questionable on Wednesday December 5th, 2023
- Kelly Olynyk (shoulder) ruled out Saturday for Jazz December 2nd, 2023
- Kelly Olynyk (shoulder) questionable for Jazz's Saturday matchup December 1st, 2023
- Jazz's Lauri Markkanen (hamstring) out at least 1 week December 1st, 2023
- Utah's Jordan Clarkson (thigh) remains out on Saturday December 1st, 2023
- Kelly Olynyk (shoulder) cleared for Jazz Thursday November 30th, 2023
- Jazz to start Ochai Agbaji in place of injured Jordan Clarkson (thigh) Thursday November 30th, 2023