Suns acquire Kevin Durant from Nets in deadline deal
The Phoenix Suns are acquiring forwards Kevin Durant (knee) and T.J. Warren from the Brooklyn Nets for forwards Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder, four first-round picks, and a 2028 pick swap.
Less than a week after sending Kyrie Irving to the Dallas Mavericks, the Nets decided to deal Durant out of town as well. He's still sidelined with a knee injury, but when Durant does make his Suns debut, it will likely result in reduced usage for Devin Booker, Chris Paul, and Deandre Ayton. In Brooklyn, Durant's departure means Cam Thomas should continue to be the team's top scorer for the rest of the season. Spencer Dinwiddie will also likely have more ball-handling opportunities.
KD is averaging 49.2 FanDuel points in 36.0 minutes per game this season. His usage rate (31.6%) is tied for 11th in the league and sits just behind new teammate Devin Booker (31.7%).
- Miami's Josh Richardson (knee) will not return on Saturday December 2nd, 2023
- Max Christie coming off Los Angeles' bench on Saturday night December 2nd, 2023
- Lakers starting Cam Reddish (groin) on Saturday, Max Christie to bench December 2nd, 2023
- Aaron Holiday playing with Houston's second unit on Saturday night December 2nd, 2023
- Rockets starting Fred VanVleet (thumb) at point guard on Saturday, Aaron Holiday to bench December 2nd, 2023
- Anthony Davis (adductor/hip) active for Lakers on Saturday night December 2nd, 2023
- Devin Booker (ankle) starting for Suns on Saturday December 2nd, 2023
- Phoenix's Devin Booker (ankle) active on Saturday December 2nd, 2023
- Phoenix's Eric Gordon (knee) ruled out on Saturday December 2nd, 2023
- Eric Gordon (knee) questionable for Suns Saturday night December 2nd, 2023
- Devin Booker (ankle) questionable Saturday for Phoenix December 2nd, 2023
- Phoenix's Grayson Allen starting in Friday's lineup for injured Devin Booker (ankle) December 1st, 2023